Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A/C Fan only works on high

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • A/C Fan only works on high

    Hi first post here
    Was chatting with a mate and his prado 120 GLX A/C blower fan only works on high speed.
    How do we fix?
    Do they use a resistor/coil to contol the fan speeds or is all controled by the switch and the ECM.
    150 Prado D4D GXL Blue Storm, T13 TJM Bar, 265/70/17 Goodyear MTR Kevlar, Tigers11 1200 pound 2 speed Winch, Fox Shocks remote resevor, Air tec Snorkel, ARB Air Lockers Front and Back, Off Road Systems Draws with Drop Down Fridge Slide, Wetsuit seatcovers.

  • #2
    Re: A/C Fan only works on high

    If its a GLX with standard AC (not climate control) then check the dash switch and dropping resistor (The dropping resistor is located on the fan housing/behingd the glove box)

    Mick
    [CENTER][B][I][SIZE=1][COLOR=blue]1KZ-TE Turbo Diesel, 5 speed manual, 3.5 inch lift, 265/70/17 Mickey Thompson MTZ, D-Tronic chip, Boost controller, mandrel exhaust, dump pipe, modified intake, ARB steel bar, Magnum winch, Safari snorkel, rear drawers, half cargo barrier, dual batteries, Uniden UHF, Sat Nav, reverse camera, Magellan XL , Tjm bash plates, ARB alloy roof rack, rear telescopic work light and numerous other modifications!!!
    Now with 3BAR MAP sensor & 18PSI Boost![/COLOR][/SIZE][/I][/B][/CENTER]

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: A/C Fan only works on high

      Thanks for the reply.
      150 Prado D4D GXL Blue Storm, T13 TJM Bar, 265/70/17 Goodyear MTR Kevlar, Tigers11 1200 pound 2 speed Winch, Fox Shocks remote resevor, Air tec Snorkel, ARB Air Lockers Front and Back, Off Road Systems Draws with Drop Down Fridge Slide, Wetsuit seatcovers.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: A/C Fan only works on high

        Thanks for the reply.
        No worries, let us know how you get on...

        BTW welcome to the forum.

        Mick
        [CENTER][B][I][SIZE=1][COLOR=blue]1KZ-TE Turbo Diesel, 5 speed manual, 3.5 inch lift, 265/70/17 Mickey Thompson MTZ, D-Tronic chip, Boost controller, mandrel exhaust, dump pipe, modified intake, ARB steel bar, Magnum winch, Safari snorkel, rear drawers, half cargo barrier, dual batteries, Uniden UHF, Sat Nav, reverse camera, Magellan XL , Tjm bash plates, ARB alloy roof rack, rear telescopic work light and numerous other modifications!!!
        Now with 3BAR MAP sensor & 18PSI Boost![/COLOR][/SIZE][/I][/B][/CENTER]

        Comment


        • #5
          I had my fan speed resistor go a few weeks back, and based on the instructions provided here, and looking at a few photos through a google images search I managed to find and remove the faulty resistor. I'm not handy around a car at all, but it's a pretty easy task.

          I then rang around a few wreckers to see if I could find the part, thinking that a genuine Toyota part could possibly cost an arm and a leg. A local wrecker had the part for $40, but by the time I got to them, they had sold the whole dash! On the way to these guys, I thought I'd pop in to Toyota for a laugh, which is what I got because the guy behind the counter couldn't tell me unless I had the VIN, even though I had all the other details.

          I got another lead a few weeks later, but the guy was going to charge almost double for the same part. I ended up calling another Toyota dealership, and got excellent service, and was quoted $56, with the part in stock.

          So, for anyone going down the wrecker path, I suggest checking with Toyota first. For the manual fan speed resistor it's part number 8713860270.
          2003 GXL V6
          Safari snorkel

          Comment


          • #6
            Thank you, that's exactly what I was after.
            04 GXL - Red Centa dual battery, Alloy B/bar, BFG AT's, Rhino Rack commercial bars x 3, GME TX3540, TJM roof cage, Outback Ideas recovery points, LHS rear drawer, 2" Dobinsons/Bilstein lift, ARB CKMA12 air compressor, CoilRite airbags, ARB 2.5m awning, MCC Dual Wheel Carrier, Eagle Eye headlights with 55w hid lo beam.

            Comment


            • #7
              Fan speed selector switch

              Hi there i am new here and i know a lot about not much at all really..... but I have problem with my Fan speed selector switch..... my air con was really noisy and took in to a Motorama dealership to no avail.... except a $1100 solution which i refuse to partake in..... so I take out the fan motor blow out all dust and throw some dry lubricant in. The noise has settled somewhat but now my fan speed selector switch makes the unit work at full pace or not at all.... please help 30plus degrees heat doesn't do me any favours!!!! I have a 5 speed Prado 2004 running on petrol 4 cyl. if that helps...... btw love taking it on the beach from time to time!!!!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Skylarker View Post
                Hi there i am new here and i know a lot about not much at all really..... but I have problem with my Fan speed selector switch..... my air con was really noisy and took in to a Motorama dealership to no avail.... except a $1100 solution which i refuse to partake in..... so I take out the fan motor blow out all dust and throw some dry lubricant in. The noise has settled somewhat but now my fan speed selector switch makes the unit work at full pace or not at all.... please help 30plus degrees heat doesn't do me any favours!!!! I have a 5 speed Prado 2004 running on petrol 4 cyl. if that helps...... btw love taking it on the beach from time to time!!!!

                Exactly the same as mine, full on or nothing at all. Change the fan resistor for $40 and she'll be as good as new.
                Check out my rig build, page 10 post #140.

                Good Luck
                04 GXL - Red Centa dual battery, Alloy B/bar, BFG AT's, Rhino Rack commercial bars x 3, GME TX3540, TJM roof cage, Outback Ideas recovery points, LHS rear drawer, 2" Dobinsons/Bilstein lift, ARB CKMA12 air compressor, CoilRite airbags, ARB 2.5m awning, MCC Dual Wheel Carrier, Eagle Eye headlights with 55w hid lo beam.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Gramps View Post
                  Exactly the same as mine, full on or nothing at all. Change the fan resistor for $40 and she'll be as good as new.
                  Check out my rig build, page 10 post #140.

                  Good Luck

                  Thank you..... but because i'm not a techie.... isit possible to show me what the resistor looks like? Can't find pge 10 sorry :roll:

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Ring toyota and check, wreckers are notorious for ripping us blind! they just make up prices. I had my sensors in the rear doors go recently which turn the lights on and off when opened and closed etc. I rang a couple wreckers who wanted about $200 for the pair. Brand new from Toyota they were about $50 each. I told the wreckers to do their research and check out how much new products cost before trying to rip people blind!

                    Tossers....

                    Originally posted by bunsen View Post
                    I had my fan speed resistor go a few weeks back, and based on the instructions provided here, and looking at a few photos through a google images search I managed to find and remove the faulty resistor. I'm not handy around a car at all, but it's a pretty easy task.

                    I then rang around a few wreckers to see if I could find the part, thinking that a genuine Toyota part could possibly cost an arm and a leg. A local wrecker had the part for $40, but by the time I got to them, they had sold the whole dash! On the way to these guys, I thought I'd pop in to Toyota for a laugh, which is what I got because the guy behind the counter couldn't tell me unless I had the VIN, even though I had all the other details.

                    I got another lead a few weeks later, but the guy was going to charge almost double for the same part. I ended up calling another Toyota dealership, and got excellent service, and was quoted $56, with the part in stock.

                    So, for anyone going down the wrecker path, I suggest checking with Toyota first. For the manual fan speed resistor it's part number 8713860270.
                    2012 4dr JK wrangler, 3.5" AEV lift, AEV mags, 35" muddies, front/rear arb bars, tjm sliders, pioneer platform and some other goodies

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Skylarker View Post
                      Thank you..... but because i'm not a techie.... isit possible to show me what the resistor looks like? Can't find pge 10 sorry :roll:
                      Try this link, specifically post #140.
                      http://www.pradopoint.com/showthread...l=1#post427293

                      Just ring Toyota Spare Parts and ask for a "Fan Resistor". From memory it's located on the right hand side of the front passenger footwell. When you have the new one, you'll know what you're looking for.
                      04 GXL - Red Centa dual battery, Alloy B/bar, BFG AT's, Rhino Rack commercial bars x 3, GME TX3540, TJM roof cage, Outback Ideas recovery points, LHS rear drawer, 2" Dobinsons/Bilstein lift, ARB CKMA12 air compressor, CoilRite airbags, ARB 2.5m awning, MCC Dual Wheel Carrier, Eagle Eye headlights with 55w hid lo beam.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        thanks a million, worked a treat. Genuine toyota part cost 36 here in Ireland

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I'm glad I'm not the only one that had this issue. On the 2003 Prado I recently got, the fan is either off or goes straight to arctic blizzard when it's on. Not that this is a bad thing in Australian summers, but you can't hear yourself think.

                          I can't find the right one online, so I'll order one from the local Toyota dealer.

                          Cheers.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Related thread: https://www.pradopoint.com.au/forum/...en-metal-strip
                            Attached Files
                            Radix
                            Junior Member
                            Last edited by Radix; 15-11-2021, 09:12 AM.

                            Comment

                            canli bahis siteleri bahis siteleri ecebet.net
                            sex vidio
                            antalya escort
                            gaziantep escort gaziantep escort
                            asyabahis maltcasino olabahis olabahis
                            izmir escort kayseri escort gaziantep rus escort
                            atasehir escort tuzla escort
                            replica watches
                            sikis sex hatti
                            parisbahis
                            holiganbet
                            Working...
                            X