Announcement

Collapse

See more
See less

120 aftermarket headunit trouble with Pioneer Amplifier start up.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 120 aftermarket headunit trouble with Pioneer Amplifier start up.

Hello everyone, new here, I'm trying to upgrade my dead OEM unit on a Prado 120 with Pioneer Headunit and Amplifier, the new Headunit starts fine, but there's no sound although I'm connecting everything as it's supposed to....or so I think. I've got a CanBus supplied with the unit but it states for JBL amplifier, It shouldn't be that different or maybe here lies the problem. I'm not too sure where to connect the blue wires coming from the canbus and the ones coming out of the headunit, I've got 2 from HU (1 says ANT and the other one says AMP-CONT) then from the different connectors off the Canbus theres a joint of 3 blue wires that say AMP-CONT...where should I connect all these wires? Thanks as it's taken 3 weeks to figure out SWC wires, it's done, but can't find out any info on how to start up the OEM Amplifier.

Thanks,

ņlex

I dont think the 120s have canbus (correct me if im wrong). Do you have power to your amplifier?

Comment

Originally posted by Xerotao View Post
      I dont think the 120s have canbus (correct me if im wrong). Do you have power to your amplifier?
      Thanks for your reply, I canít assure canbus on 120 although seller of HU says itís needed to control amplifier, until now iíve had a Parrot CK3100 connected to the amplifier and working fine even with no HU fitted. I have disconnected the Parrot as suggested by some people as it could be causing trouble...tried again to fit the new HU and Steering controls work fine, image works fine, etc...but no sound...I think the canbus amp controller is not for my pioneer but for a JBL, the question is what is the wiring difference in between them and how can I sort it ?

cheers

Comment

By the way I got this mess of Canbus and from all of those connectors only Power 20pin is used along with 20pin SWC, then the antenna thingy I don't really know where to plug it... any suggestions ?

Pic 1 real mess
        Pic 2 what I paid for...lol
        Last edited by AlexBond; 04-09-2019, 02:52 AM.

Comment

Hmm cant help you there. When i did my headunit, there was no need for canbus.

Comment

Does any of this help your situation? You might need the secondary harness as well

https://aerpro.com/vehicles/toyota/t...ies?src=plugin

https://aerpro.com/products/secondary_harnesses
            Prado 150 V6 2010 Kakadu, Factory towbar, GME TX3420, P3 Brake Controller, ABR Battery tray, D34 Optima battery (Drivers side), Fullriver AGM 100Ah, Rear Anderson plug, Rear internal power outlets, Baintech rear battery monitor, Kaymar Wheel on Door bracket, GME UHF Antenna, Sand Grabba mats

Comment

Here's the mysterious Antenna Connector Adapter that comes with the Canbus Amp Controler (Circled in Black) and a detailed look of the inside....I haven't got a clue where to connect it. I understand that this replaces OEM antenna but then how do you power the new one ?

Comment

I replaced the head unit in my Corolla with a Kenwood DDX919WS and used a similar adapter. I connected the blue wire to the switched 12v (accessories) which only provides power to it when the car is running.
                Prado 150 V6 2010 Kakadu, Factory towbar, GME TX3420, P3 Brake Controller, ABR Battery tray, D34 Optima battery (Drivers side), Fullriver AGM 100Ah, Rear Anderson plug, Rear internal power outlets, Baintech rear battery monitor, Kaymar Wheel on Door bracket, GME UHF Antenna, Sand Grabba mats

Comment

Originally posted by blw View Post
                  I replaced the head unit in my Corolla with a Kenwood DDX919WS and used a similar adapter. I connected the blue wire to the switched 12v (accessories) which only provides power to it when the car is running.
                  Blw thanks for your reply, when you say switched 12V accessories, you mean for example any wire in the power connector of the new radio unit that throws 12V as accessory ? Or does it have to be an specific one ?

and does exist any adapter to go from that connector to my OEM antenna, because iíve got 2 antenna. Owning out of the dash and I understand at least one should be connected to the new adapter thingy...Please see pics attached...

cheers

Comment

Comment

Yeah just any switched 12V source, you should find that on the existing plugs going to the radio.
                      There must be 2 glass antennas so as you say, connect one of them to the white antenna adapter.

In saying all of this, this wont solve your no speakers issue, I suspect you'll need the right adapter from Aeropro to make that work for your model.

Comment

Ok at the end I managed to get the unit returned and refunded from the seller in China, probably the Canbus didn't work for Pioneer amplifier...and Pro installer asked a fortune to get it sorted, so I decided to buy a new unit...and this one has been a plug and play thing...easy easy easy, I connected the radio amplifier that came with the unit and the Canbus connectors to my dash connectors and now it sounds and plays as a new world had come into the car....it makes a great diff with OEM, Navi working, Radio and USB music and videos play very smoothly...I'm really happy with it.

Comment

Good to hear, what was the brand and model of the radio you ended up buying in the end?

Comment

Originally posted by blw View Post
                            Good to hear, what was the brand and model of the radio you ended up buying in the end?
                            It's a Zenith unit sold by Silverstrong ( https://es.aliexpress.com/item/32995...6bac63c0fyMsAG), it was a simple plug and play and wire the antenna amplifier ( https://es.aliexpress.com/item/32699...6bac63c0fyMsAG) I bought as an extra and it's a wonder to listen to now...

Comment

Here's some wiring diagram for the Land Cruiser Prado KDJ120, just in case anyone with Pioneer Amplifier needs some info...

Comment

Working...
                              X