Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Longevity of 1GR

Hi All,

Without getting into too much detail, what kind of life span do people generally get out of a 1GR-FE?

Has anyone engine swapped/ looked into doing a d4d conversion?

My car is running really well but down the track 5 years or so could be fun to do a conversion (if/when the engine spits it)

Petrol and diesel models have a different engine.
    The 1GR lasts a long time if the oil changes are kept up.
    If you have experienced D4D engine failure, please complete this survey ​http://goo.gl/forms/bpJSYjq0Zx
    My Rig Build up

sigpic

Comment

The 1GR-FE V6 engine is arguably more reliable but thirstier and may very well outlast a 1KD-FTV D4D engine, which requires regular injector servicing.

I'd be surprised if you didn't get at least 300,000 - 400,000km from the 1GR-FE V6 depending on how it's driven and serviced, some can go over 700,000km https://www.pradopoint.com.au/forum/...life-of-4-0-v6
      My brother in law traded his in at 370,000km because it started to show signs of smoke but it was still running.
      "S[FONT=Arial]ure itís quiet, for a diesel. But thatís like being well-behavedÖ for a murderer."[/FONT] [FONT=Arial]- Jeremy Clarkson[/FONT]

Comment

LOL, no way id do a D4D (Destined 4 destruction) over the v6. Seen nothing but issues with the diesel and expensive maintenance needed to keep them going.

Mates fleet has some 1GR v6's and one has hit 800k kms last year. Oil changes are the key ingredient. 02 sensors and good fuel.

Comment

Just Ticked over 400,000kms on mine and still going strong. I do my oil changes every 7,500kms
          For every part broken comes the great opportunity to upgrade, enhance and improve. Just dont tell the other half how much its going to cost.

Comment

How often do you guys get the valve clearances checked? Have you ever had to have them adjusted?
            2003 120 GXL 4.0L V6 4sp Auto, Landirenzo LPG, Flash Lube Kit, BF Goodrich AT tyres, Tekonsha Prodigy, Allterrain 4x4 recovery points, Rhino Heavy Duty Aero roofracks, ECB Big Tube Winch Bar, Tough Dog Foam Cell Shock, Tough Dog springs, Rotronic RDC12 2 Stage Charger, Cargo Barrier, GME TX3450 UHF

Comment

I checked my valve clearances when I did my timing chain. The motor was disgusting inside and showed noticeable signs of neglect and cheap oil. Surprisingly the valve clearances were all within spec and i did not have to do anything in that dept. It had done 266k at the time.

Comment

Working...
              X