Bog hole damage ??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bog hole damage ??

Hi guys, I知 new to 4wding and just got my 04 petrol prado a couple months ago.

on the weekend I was out with a few mates, and after a bit of peer pressure ended up trying to tackle a decent bog hole. Got stuck, Water was about half way up the doors and it was a good 15 minutes before I got out

safe to say I regret it lol. Interior is f**ked. My hand brake and abs lights are constantly on, and my starter motor shit itself luckily just when I got home.

after a bit of advice on what else I should be checking/ replacing, I知 assuming my diff and gear oil may be full of water ??

and what upgrades should I do to be able to tackle a bit of water? Not planning on anything crazy but rather be safe for next time if we go through a bit of water

cheers!

Don't !

Comment

Your alternator is likely to be full of mud and compromised too.

Comment

diff breathers and snorkel would be a good start

Comment

here is what needs to be looked at on the alternator
          Click image for larger version

Name:	20190202_080242.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	745461

Name:	20190202_080444.jpg
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	745462

Name:	20190202_080508.jpg
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	745463

Name:	20190202_080654.jpg
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	745464
          here are the brushes, clean them out with CRC or something , blow them clean, flush the rest with clean water and blow dry

Name:	20190202_080733.jpg
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	745465
          2008 Dune D4D manual GXL update - with lots of fruit !! + Roma Razorback Off Road Van

Comment

take the starter out
            pull the triangle shaped cover off
            pull the plunger out and wire brush or lightly file it
            clean the cover and put a little bit of grease on it
            you may need to pull the contacts out as well , clean them and refit. google that it's pretty easy

or get another alternator & starter to get the car going and do yours up as spares

and dont forget to put the car on the lawn and run a sprinkler under it for a few hrs
            2008 Dune D4D manual GXL update - with lots of fruit !! + Roma Razorback Off Road Van

Comment

When I was younger and bought my first 4wd, like u, thought bog hole driving would be the bomb. It is fun but ultimately does cost you. Mud = money. Bushes don稚 like mud drying on them either. You値l be better for it when u steer clear of the stuff. Shame u had to learn the hard way.
              2006 120 series V6 Grande, 2 inch susp lift (King/EFS combo), 32 inch MT’s, Safari Snorkel, rear diff lock, breathers, Light Force spotlights, UHF, dual batteries.

Comment

Working...
              X