• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Whitey View Post
    Front struts

MR59-50221 old 427-560mm (Prado 120) same
    MR59-50700 427-570mm (Prado 150) new 427-555mm
    Really? The 120 MRR's are longer than the 150's now?

Doesn't sound right (or good)
    2008 D4D M6 GXL [MT ATZ-P3][Whitey's Ironman 45710FE/45682FE+KTFR101H/Dob487][extended Roadsafe links][Polyairs][DBA T3/T2][amts diffdrop & recovery points][Tin175's stone guards][Bushskins BashPlate][ARB Sahara][IPF 900s][Snorkel][WindCheetah][MaxTrax][IC-440][Parrot Asteroid][ARB Fridge][Lifestyle 2nd Row Fridge Mount][ARB Compressor][Thumper][SandGrabbers][Cargo Barrier][Tigerz Awning][MCC Rear Bar]

Comment

• Hi everyone,

I'm sorry to ask but how may I download the table to my computer?

Thanks a lot

Reno

Comment

• Hi,

Koni apparently have some new shocks which they say is suitable for a Prado with a raised suspension. They include an adjustable rebound feature and are serviceable. Details below:

Front Part No: 88-1712SP2 Max/Min: 560/432 mm
        Rear Part No: 90-5404L/RSP2 Max/Min: 617/391 mm

I am considering getting these for my car as part of a 40mm lift. Does anyone have any experience with them? How is the off-road performance? The Max/Min specs for the front suspension seems a little short in travel. Any opinions?

Cheers,
        Brad

Comment

• Hey Brad,

These lengths are an improvement over the first gen RAIDS, but the strut open length is still shortish, and the shock closed length is longish, and you'll prolly want to space your rear bumpstops a little.

While the valving of the first gen struts was ok, the real question is if the very low rebound in the first gen rear shocks has been increased to a magnitude that is appropriate for off-road handling, otherwise you'll end up with a pogo stick in a loaded Prado!

Best

Mark
          2006 GXL petrol auto. ARB deluxe bar x3 HID IPF's, ARB alloy roofrack, ARB awning, BFG A/T, Safari snorkel, Piranha breathers, Pacemaker extractors, custom Ironman 45710FE 436-569mm with Dobinsons 350, custom Ironman 45682FE 383-618mm with Dobinsons 487, Firestone kevlar 60psi airbags, 30mm extended Roadsafe links, AMTS bashplate and recovery points, ABR Flyer with Powersonic AGM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitey View Post
            While the valving of the first gen struts was ok, the real question is if the very low rebound in the first gen rear shocks has been increased to a magnitude that is appropriate for off-road handling, otherwise you'll end up with a pogo stick in a loaded Prado!
            Ah, thank you for pointing that out, that was not an issue I had thought of. I'll see if Koni will provide any numbers on the compression+rebound of the shock.

Picking out suspension for the car is taking a surprising amount of effort - nothing seems quite right for the job!

Comment

• Lovells long travel (Series 3) 64612489 open 615 closed 375
              The one listed on the database is series 2
              both are still available.

Comment

Working...
              X