Will 285/70R17 Fit?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will 285/70R17 Fit?

Hey guys first post so i apologize if this has been covered before but my 2008 Prado has the factory steel 17 inch rims and i was wondering if the 285/70R17 rubber will fit without any other issues? I will be lifting it 2 inches so if i need to get some new UCA's or something id rather do it in one go as i will be doing it myself, thanks again.

33 inch tyres will fit when you have a 2 inch lift. Well if theyíre all-terrains they will. I bought my 120 Prado recently with new 33 inch ATís fitted (265/75 R17) and they donít scrub out. To me they look a bit awkwardly big for the car though. Iím going to put them up for sale on PP in a week or so at a good price. Iím getting 32 inch MTís fitted instead. If you got 33inch MTís fitted it may be a different story though because the raised tread blocks on them when theyíre new make them nearly as large as a 34 inch tyre until they wear down a bit. The big MTís may touch your chassis rail at full lock.
    Last edited by Brett1979; 01-03-2019, 09:43 PM.
    2006 120 series V6 Grande, 2 inch susp lift (King/EFS combo), 32 inch MT’s, Safari Snorkel, rear diff lock, breathers, Light Force spotlights, UHF, dual batteries.

Comment

I have the same question, but I don't have the lift and I would like to get a/t not muddies. would they fit without the lift?

Comment

Originally posted by Doxic View Post
        I have the same question, but I don't have the lift and I would like to get a/t not muddies. would they fit without the lift?
        33 inch ATís with no lift? I honestly donít know. I couldnít answer that one. In the rear they definitely will for normal road use, but donít know the repercussions of fully articulated rear suspension when off-road. Iíd like to say no to them fitting in the front, but cannot say for sure.

2006 120 series V6 Grande, 2 inch susp lift (King/EFS combo), 32 inch MT’s, Safari Snorkel, rear diff lock, breathers, Light Force spotlights, UHF, dual batteries.

Comment

Working...
        X