No announcement yet.

Smartbar fitted

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep - I'll keep my opinion to myself also, and add that I am very happy to be getting a steel bar fitted next week.

Comment

Iím have a crack at reopening this thread. Can anyone add to SmartBar experiences? Not opinions, but rather experiences?
      cheers, Mat

Comment

Mat we had one on our old 90 series Prado. We already had a medium-duty suspension set-up when we bought it and going with the Smart bar took the guess work out of upgrading the front suspension again...saved time and money because they're so light. We only had one hit, a medium-sized roo at 80km/hr. The bar bounced back to normal, didn't touch the body work, and the roo survived...with a broken back, so I had to put it down anyway, but it proved their pedestrian friendliness compared to a steel bar...my steel ARB bar on the old Triton would have killed it for sure.
        I'd have no hesitation buying another.

Comment

I am still happy with mine. It does have some mud splash stains on it from a recent trip that have not washed off. Have been over rough roads with it and still seems to be holding to the car as originally fitted. The only thing I was concerned about was when I fitted it I followed the torque instructions for bolting on the unit and some of the inserts started to turn in the moulding. Had the torque wrench checked and it was ok. Decided not to worry about it at the time.

Comment

Thanks guys. Thatís helpful. Given the weight, would standard suspension be fine?

Comment

Working...
            X