Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto fluid change 2.8 6speed

Hi,
    Fitted a tranny cooler to my 2.8l 2016 prado. Thought I would drop the fluid out of the box while I was going and about 2l came out.
    Now I've been filling it back up through the WS fill bolt and so far I have added 6l and its still not full.
    Is it possible toyota doesn't fill the box to the fill plug from factory?
    Any ideas?
    Cheers

Not only possibly but confirmed by my dealer. Apparently some 6 speeds come from the factory low of fluid. Mine took 4 or 5 litres from memory but I made the dealer do it when the ECU recall was one...
    Cheers
    Micheal.

2008 GXL D4D Auto. GOING... GOING... GONE
    2015 GXL 1GD Auto. And it begins again...

Comment

Cheers for the confirmation.
      It took 7l to get to the full mark at 50 degrees oil temp. Went for a drive and now my undercarriage is covered in oil and smoking. I'm guessing it's spat out of the breather tube.
      Good times

Comment

How did you check it was full? Fluid dripping out the filler hole or via the check plug?
        2008 GXL D4D + Option Pack 1, Safari snorkel, factory alloy bar, dual battery system, Lovells TFR-118/TRR119 Springs, Bilstein Shocks, Prodigy P3 brake controller, factory tow bar, Orac coupling.

Comment

I would guess the fill plug

Comment

Yep the fill plug. Where is this check plug?

Comment

Bottom of the sump. There shkuld be a drsin plug and a check plug.
              2008 GXL D4D + Option Pack 1, Safari snorkel, factory alloy bar, dual battery system, Lovells TFR-118/TRR119 Springs, Bilstein Shocks, Prodigy P3 brake controller, factory tow bar, Orac coupling.

Comment

All sorted. I should of done some research before I treated it like a manual transmission..
                Cheers

Comment

Working...
                X