Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Diff lock

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Diff lock

    I have the 2018 prado with factory rear diff lock.

    Is it worth doing a front e locker as the vehicle already has a rear locker?

    Can driveshafts/cvs cope with lockers?

    Does anyone know if the factory diff locks are good bad or average?

  • #2
    I guess you could add a front locker , problem though will be making sure it unlocks when the rear diff unlocks. a simple relay across the rear locker coil will fix that. Toyota driveshafts and CVs are quite large im sure they can handle the stresses while off road. Factory units work well off road , LSDs suck in comparison.

    Comment


    • #3
      That depends if the front has traction control whilst the rear diff is locked. Some 4wd's do, some turn it off making the front totally open. If the TC stays on I say leave it and save ya money.
      I'd see how you go offroad first with just a rear locker. Rear is what most people do first anyway.
      2007 GXL V6 - ARB Bullbar with LED lights, snorkel, extractors, 2 1/4" dual exhaust, K&N filter, dimpled/slotted rotors, headrest dvd players, Ebay Satnav/reverse camera, GME 3100TX, Tigerz11 Side awning on custom brackets with Maxtrax mounts, 300W Invertor, ARB Underbody protection, Lightbar and STZ 265/70 tyres.
      Wish list in order I'll get them: Sliders, 2" lift, E-locker, Winch bar with winch.

      Comment


      • #4
        yeah but if you were in a situation where you would need the rear locker then you would have traction control disabled anyway??

        Comment


        • #5
          does anyone know if the factory diff lock could be hot wired to lock without the factory module & wiring?
          (converting it into another car that doesn't have a rear locker)
          2008 Dune D4D manual GXL update - with lots of fruit !! + Roma Razorback Off Road Van

          Comment


          • #6
            the factory locker is just a 12v operated coil so yes i guess you could do that. There is a switch on the side of the diff but that just tells the ECU when the locker has engaged

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Two89w View Post
              I have the 2018 prado with factory rear diff lock.

              Is it worth doing a front e locker as the vehicle already has a rear locker?

              Can driveshafts/cvs cope with lockers?

              Does anyone know if the factory diff locks are good bad or average?
              is this a kakadu with air bag rear suspension? or the coil spring version ??
              2008 Dune D4D manual GXL update - with lots of fruit !! + Roma Razorback Off Road Van

              Comment


              • #8
                Hi guys.
                Im looking to buy a new 4x4 and will probably go with a Prado. i have a few questions though.

                The auto model GXL comes with a rear diff lock standard but cant find any info whether it has a lock in the centre diff/transfer case.
                Does anyone know if it does or not?
                and by the sounds of it it has a selector switch to go between 4H and 4L so is there another to activate these diff locks?

                There are lots of beautiful beaches and dunes with soft sand here id like to know its capability.

                Thanks, in the small(ish) town im from they dont even have any new model prados in stock to look at or id satisfy my curiosity myself by test driving and asking questions haha

                Comment


                • #9
                  Yes, there is a round selector switch for 4H to 4L and push button switches for the center diff lock and the rear diff lock (seperate switches).

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Has anyone here got any recommendations for an e-locker installer in Geelong? (150 2011). Cheers

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Razorback81 View Post
                      does anyone know if the factory diff lock could be hot wired to lock without the factory module & wiring?
                      (converting it into another car that doesn't have a rear locker)
                      Razorback did you end up doing this? Curious into looking at retrofitting also

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by colcho View Post

                        Razorback did you end up doing this? Curious into looking at retrofitting also
                        yes i did, worked well, i am about to taking out of the 120 as i am getting it ready to sell, have a 150 series, so i might fit it to that,

                        i have now purchased a 100 series and have just located a factory rear locker for that car , so will be doing the wiring for that as well
                        2008 Dune D4D manual GXL update - with lots of fruit !! + Roma Razorback Off Road Van

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Razorback81 View Post

                          yes i did, worked well, i am about to taking out of the 120 as i am getting it ready to sell, have a 150 series, so i might fit it to that,

                          i have now purchased a 100 series and have just located a factory rear locker for that car , so will be doing the wiring for that as well
                          sweet! i am keen to look down this line too. what donor car did you get from and put into? full rear axle change out?

                          Comment

                          canli bahis siteleri bahis siteleri ecebet.net
                          antalya escort
                          pendik escort
                          antalya escort
                          sex vidio
                          antalya escort
                          gaziantep escort
                          asyabahis maltcasino olabahis olabahis
                          Working...
                          X