Auto Trans - Hard to select between P and N

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto Trans - Hard to select between P and N

I was out the other weekend and halfway through the trip all of a sudden I noticed the shift select stick was hard to put into P (feels stiff and have to use a bit of force). Once you get down to N it becomes normal again.

Checked underneath to make sure its not mud or anything like that (the track I was doing that day was pretty dry anyway).

Any ideas on what it could be and what I should be checking?

Thanks

There's not really anything to stop it going into park other than mechanical linkage issues. Have a good look under it, remove the top plate and check under the shifter boot etc.

I'd guess there's a lockout so you cannot bang it into park while driving, but if that was the issue it wouldn't go in at all.

Comment

Originally posted by 'Dan' View Post
      There's not really anything to stop it going into park other than mechanical linkage issues. Have a good look under it, remove the top plate and check under the shifter boot etc.

I'd guess there's a lockout so you cannot bang it into park while driving, but if that was the issue it wouldn't go in at all.

Yeah thats why im a little bit stumped, the stiffness is only really between P and Reverse, then going down from there is like normal. Ill have a look under it all sometime to see what could be causing it.

Comment

Working...
      X