Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Actual Kerb weight

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Actual Kerb weight

    Hi

    Just wondering if anyone has actually weighed their Prado before any accessories were fitted?

    Toyota claim a Kerb weight of 2,285 kg for 2021 GX2021. Toyota confirmed this includes full 150 litres of fuel.

    This would provide a payload of 705kg

    I have fitted basic accessories, arb bullbar, AT tyres, Towbar, 2nd battery and rhino platform.

    Car weighs in at 2,590kg now verified at 2 different places.

    I don't see how the accessories weigh 300kg.
    300kg

    I spoke to local 4x4 joint and they reckon it is well know the specs Toyota put out are wrong and the Prado weighs a bit of 2,400kg.....

    A kerb weight of 2,400kg would make sense with the accessories I added to get to 2,590kg.

    Pretty poor on Toyota I reckon

  • #2
    Yep that's why I mentioned it to you on a previous post.
    No accessories other than a tow bar, near full tank ours weighed 2320 on a weighbridge, with two persons just under 2500kg
    Mark

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by MarkAW View Post
      Hi

      Just wondering if anyone has actually weighed their Prado before any accessories were fitted?

      Toyota claim a Kerb weight of 2,285 kg for 2021 GX2021. Toyota confirmed this includes full 150 litres of fuel.

      This would provide a payload of 705kg

      I have fitted basic accessories, arb bullbar, AT tyres, Towbar, 2nd battery and rhino platform.

      Car weighs in at 2,590kg now verified at 2 different places.

      I don't see how the accessories weigh 300kg.
      300kg

      I spoke to local 4x4 joint and they reckon it is well know the specs Toyota put out are wrong and the Prado weighs a bit of 2,400kg.....

      A kerb weight of 2,400kg would make sense with the accessories I added to get to 2,590kg.

      Pretty poor on Toyota I reckon
      Battery 22
      Rhino rack 20
      Fuel 112.5
      Tyres 24
      Bullbar 80
      258.5kg
      2285kg + 258kg = 2543kg
      Add in bits and pieces in the car and you're getting close to 2590kg
      [B]Steve[/B]

      2010 Silver GXL Prado 150, D4D Auto, with a few non standard bits

      Comment


      • #4
        I have come to regard Toyota's claimed kerb weights as a fiction. See this thread in relation to my Kakadu. Although it seems like there are particular problems with the claimed kerb weight on the Kakadu in recent spec sheets, I've become sceptical of the claimed weights on all variants as a result. My advice to anyone with a new vehicle would be to fill up the tank and get it weighed as a starting point before any mods.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by krypto View Post
          Battery 22
          Rhino rack 20
          Fuel 112.5
          Tyres 24
          Bullbar 80
          258.5kg
          2285kg + 258kg = 2543kg
          Add in bits and pieces in the car and you're getting close to 2590kg
          Problem is the kerb weight of 2,285kg includes 150 litres of fuel so your 2543 - 112 = 2431. That's why I reckon Toyota's kerb weigjt is at least 100kg off.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by gunda View Post
            I have come to regard Toyota's claimed kerb weights as a fiction. See this thread in relation to my Kakadu. Although it seems like there are particular problems with the claimed kerb weight on the Kakadu in recent spec sheets, I've become sceptical of the claimed weights on all variants as a result. My advice to anyone with a new vehicle would be to fill up the tank and get it weighed as a starting point before any mods.
            Totally agree, Toyota fiction just like Triton fuel usage figures and class action I just heard.
            Dunno how they get away with it

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by MarkAW View Post

              Problem is the kerb weight of 2,285kg includes 150 litres of fuel so your 2543 - 112 = 2431. That's why I reckon Toyota's kerb weigjt is at least 100kg off.
              Good point
              [B]Steve[/B]

              2010 Silver GXL Prado 150, D4D Auto, with a few non standard bits

              Comment


              • #8
                I think you are a bit low on accessory weights.
                My Rhino platform is 27 kg plus the backbone which felt heavier than the standard rails.
                Deep cycle 100AH battery 25kg plus tray, cabling to & from battery, DCDC charger or even with a VSR probably another 10kg if using good cables.
                Towbar 30-35 kg (Hayman Reese 34 kg)
                The Yoko AT LT 120/117S I have are easily 5-6 kg more per tyre so maybe 25kg more

                It is surprising how much all the little bits and pieces add up to, for example do you have floor mats and the rubber mat in the rear which is a heavy little sucker.

                Yes the kerb weight might be low but probably not by as much as at first glance


                Lee
                Last edited by Leethal; 03-12-2021, 11:29 AM.
                '18 VX, Billies with Dobinson springs, Summit bar with Narva Enhanced Optics to help my old eyes

                Comment


                • #9
                  Today I had Lovells GVM installed. They weighed the car. Guess what ? somehow it now only weighs 2,424kg so I lost 166kg.
                  Who is right?
                  weighbridge 2,580
                  ​​​​​pedders 2,590
                  lovells 2,424

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Public weighbridges might only be + or - 20kgs but they are are regularly calibrated. I'd therefore be suspicious of the Lovells number.

                    As a demonsration of this, I was so shocked when I weighed my new Kakadu with a full tank that I immediately drove to another public weighbridge some distance away, and got the exact same reading.

                    The only caveat I'd add to that is that I once read a claim that public weighbridges are calibrated for heavy trucks, and may not as accurate for lower weights like a 4WD. I have no idea whether or not that is true. Despite that doubt, the public weighbridge and Pedders numbers are close, and so I'd be more inclined to believe them.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by MarkAW View Post
                      Today I had Lovells GVM installed. They weighed the car. Guess what ? somehow it now only weighs 2,424kg so I lost 166kg.
                      Who is right?
                      weighbridge 2,580
                      ​​​​​pedders 2,590
                      lovells 2,424
                      Took mine straight from Lovells whom also claimed a low number, Had it put on a set of race car scales. Lovells were full of shit basically and had fudged the figures.. Have your own weights done.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        We have a 2018 vx
                        weighed it yesterday on local earthmoving company reg bridge
                        filled with fuel
                        2 people
                        toyota alloy bar
                        duel battery kit red arc charger
                        red arc trailer brake kit
                        standard tyres
                        hayman Reese tow bar and heavy receiver
                        Cargo barrier
                        Cb radio
                        2,700kg
                        how do I load it and add 250kg tow ball weight ??

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Dont k ow if this will help but our 2017 vx, no accessories to speak of and nothing removed, half a tank of fuel, only me in the car (80kg) at the exit of the tip. The scales came back with 2460kg.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            My experience has been that kerb weights are a bit ambiguous. Best to work on tare and add fuel weights yourself.
                            Virtually any vehicle you look at has a payload of around 700 kg give or take a bit. Toyota are the most honest with their GVM and Gcm weights, look at the actual carrying capacity of other brands (ram, Pajero etc) and look how the payload drops when you start towing to keep the vehicle under the gcm.
                            No manufacturer intends for us to add 300kg of mods and then wack 5 people and a 300kg ball weight on the back. That’s our choice and we need to do gvm upgrades if we want to stay legal.
                            Mine comes in at 3200 kg with 6 ppl, mods and a 2000kg van.
                            Imagine all the complaints if Toyota started fitting springs for a 3500-4000kg gvm!! No one would buy their cars as the ride would be terrible!
                            Also, accessory weights are more than you think. All the little ones like recovery points, lights, cabling and compressors add up to a lot when all done.

                            Comment

                            canli bahis siteleri bahis siteleri ecebet.net
                            sex vidio
                            antalya escort
                            gaziantep escort gaziantep escort
                            asyabahis maltcasino olabahis olabahis
                            izmir escort kayseri escort gaziantep rus escort
                            atasehir escort tuzla escort
                            replica watches
                            sikis sex hatti
                            parisbahis
                            holiganbet
                            Working...
                            X