Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hankook Tyres

Hi Guys,

Time to purchase some new boots, I've been doing a bit of research and stumbled across Hankook's Dynapro ATM & Dynapro MT's.

My current tyre size is 265/65R17 and I was looking at going to 265/70R17 but have been told that's illegal here in QLD. He said I could go 255/70R17.

So my question - eventually. Is anyone running these tyres on their Prado? Am I better off just staying with the std sizes as opposed to trying to change them?

Prado GXL - 150 series - 2inch lift STD Rims

Thanks
    Troy

265/70 is perfectly legal in QLD. Find a new tyre guy as he obviously doesn't know shit. I'd go bigger (and I did). Std size sucks. The car was transformed offroad by going to a decent slightly bigger tyre.
    2007 GXL V6 - ARB Bullbar with LED lights, snorkel, extractors, 2 1/4" dual exhaust, K&N filter, dimpled/slotted rotors, headrest dvd players, Ebay Satnav/reverse camera, GME 3100TX, Tigerz11 Side awning on custom brackets with Maxtrax mounts, 300W Invertor, ARB Underbody protection, Lightbar and STZ 265/70 tyres.
    Wish list in order I'll get them: Sliders, 2" lift, E-locker, Winch bar with winch.

Comment

Yes running them, They are pretty good. I have the ATM's. Lost about 1.5mm tread in 35,000kms. Overall Id rate them highly. Low noise, good grip, perform well in the wet & Sand etc.

You will use more fuel going to a &0 series, and it will be slightly laggy on take off, Speedo may also be out slightly.

Comment

Been running the ATM's for just over 2 years and 50K. Still plenty of tread depth. Very happy with the way they perform on road and up the beach.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys. Much appreciated.

Comment

Hi Troy,

How did the ATMís go?
            2012 Prado 150 GXL 3.0,Pioneer Platform,Kaon Cargo Barrier,Redarc Tow Pro Elite,Roadside Recovery Points,Davies Craig Trans Cooler with Kaon Brackets, HPD Catch Can.

Comment

Working...
            X