Auto Transmission Temp Gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto Transmission Temp Gauge

So viewers this is what I have come up with while having a light bulb moment at Bunnings.
    I was getting some gear for work when I came across temperature cooking probes. There was a Bluetooth temp gauge that was sold out but I ended up with a Matador temp gauge with probe. This unit can Bluetooth to your smart phone, soooo, I thought why not attach the probe to the transmission oil line and fit the head unit under the dash. My thinking was if it doesn’t work I’ve got myself a meat temp probe which I’ll use anyway. Well bugger me dead it works a treat, so I’ll fine tune the head unit location under the dash and I’ve got myself a trans temperature gauge that I can monitor on my phone. More than one way to skin a cat.
    Jim

Probably even got over temp settings to warn if she’s over cooked.
    Well done.

Comment

Very good idea mate! I am working on my own multi-sensor temperature at the moment but my wife has seconded the Prado for her own use at the moment so testing has been suspended! My goal is to have a dash type monitor of temperatures but I need to find an appropriate enclosure (as well as reclaim my car) before anything else.

I used a similar kind of thing, attaching temperature sensors to the pipes. You can get sensors and t-piece attachments but I'm just playing at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by carco View Post
        Probably even got over temp settings to warn if she’s over cooked.
        Well done.
        Yes that’s the custom setting I used
        ‘Transmission Well Done 90 deg’
        You can set different temps for an alarm to sound also.

Comment

I am working on my own multi-sensor temperature

I’ve seen a gauge on flea bay that looks pretty good, it shows engine, transmission temps as well as coolant level in the reservoir. Around the $279 range. This cost me 50 bucks and tells me what I need to know at the moment.

Comment

Working...
          X