Lift kit prado 1999

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lift kit prado 1999

Hi guys I did a bit of a search on this page And wasn’t able To find much information I would like to know how high i can go on a lift kit on a Toyota prado 1999 modal vzj95r I understand that there is 2 types of lift 1 body lift 2 suppension lift how high am I able to go with out changeing brake lines ect

cheers in advance

i think 2'' is the most common, from there maybe some adjustments are needed.just mho, im thinking also to lift 1 ' more with spacers on the frount .

Comment

2 inch is about as much as you can go but you will need to deal with http://www.lcool.org/technical/90_se...t_fouling.html

Comment

Originally posted by stevo90 View Post
        2 inch is about as much as you can go but you will need to deal with http://www.lcool.org/technical/90_se...t_fouling.html
        Cheers stevo for the heads up this is what I have been worried about so if I did a 2 inch lift would I need to change anything else?

Comment

Originally posted by Josh992 View Post

Cheers stevo for the heads up this is what I have been worried about so if I did a 2 inch lift would I need to change anything else?
          I don't think so they been over 100k since I got the prado the bloke that put the first set of lifted shocks on mine that were on it when i got it didn't cut the bash plate I didn't know about that until I ripped the grease nipple off, the cv,s seam to take the extra angle for a long time

Comment

oh i have a 1999 model as well , i bought it with a lift 2'' . im about to put spacers 1"' in . from what i have seen under mine for the last two years i havent experienced any of the above damage mentioned , but also the above damage mentioned , is not saying how high it is . it seems much higher than a 2 " mi thinks .. Not 100 % but i think.

so if a 2" lift is all we can go ,what im about to do is not a good idea???

Comment

If you all ready have long shocks I doubt you'll get the spacer in. As for the uni hitting the sub tank bash plate, drop the rear right wheel in a hole so its off the ground is how I ripped the grease nipple off so I could really enjoy being bogged to the axles.

Comment

Im talking with some on another form and some /most say its not fine to go 1'' spacers over 2' lift , but there are two that say they have done this and dont seem to have problems..

HMMMMM

Comment

Originally posted by Tonz View Post
                  Im talking with some on another form and some /most say its not fine to go 1'' spacers over 2' lift , but there are two that say they have done this and dont seem to have problems..

HMMMMM
                  Tonz im not 100% sure but I was also told if I went anymore then 2inh I’d have to put longer brake lines in not sure if this is going to affect you

Comment

yeah , thanks for that , since that post i have found that there a number of problems doing what i was thinking

Comment

Working...
                    X