Prado Window Shades

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prado Window Shades

I've been searching for some sunshades for the rear seats to keep the sun out of my kids (6wks and 3yrs) eyes when travelling. The last car I owned (Mazda) came with some OEM window shades that stuck inside the rear windows with magnets allowing the windows to go up and down without a fuss. I have struggled to find the same thing for the Prado, but I came across these on Ebay. Was a bit sceptic at first because they were so cheap compared to others I've seen, but decided to buy them anyway. They fit like a charm and at only $50 delivered they are a steal. The Mazda OEM were $150 for 2 shades, these are $50 for 6 shades (Front seats half coverage, 2nd and 3rd row windows). The third row shades will help keep the sun off the fridge as well. Toyota don;t have an OEM option as far as I know.

Enjoy!

6 pcs set Foldable Car window Screen Mesh Sun Shade Cover fit Toyota Prado 09-17
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/6-pcs-set...UAAOSw44BYdDlg

How do these stay in place?
    If you have experienced D4D engine failure, please complete this survey ​http://goo.gl/forms/bpJSYjq0Zx
    My Rig Build up

sigpic

Comment

The shades for the front row and 2nd row seats have magnets on the outer rim of the shade that stick to the inside of the window. They also supply stick on clips if you feel the magnets are not strong enough, but I have road tested them at 100km/h and they stay in just fine. Although no necessary, I used the stick on clips for the 3rd row shades only, because there is no metal for the magnets to grab, but being a snug fit they are not really needed.

Comment

Awesome idea. How do these go legally? The tint on our car is already very dark, so I would presume the boys in blue might not like these added to it?
        [B][2007 GXL 120 3.0L D4[COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR] Auto][/B] [I]Mods:[/I] [COLOR="#DAA520"]Bilstein [/COLOR][COLOR="#0000FF"]Shocks [/COLOR]& [COLOR="#DAA520"]King [/COLOR]2" Lift Springs - 265/70/17 [COLOR="#3366ff"]Cooper [/COLOR]AT/3s Tyres - [COLOR="#FF0000"]ARB [/COLOR]Deluxe bullbar - LED Spotlights & Worklights - Snorkel - [COLOR="#008000"]BushSkinz [/COLOR]bash plates - 2.2m Alloy Overlander Full Rack - 2.5m [COLOR="#8B4513"]Wanderer [/COLOR]Awning - [COLOR="#FF0000"]GME [/COLOR]TX3120S UHF & [COLOR="#FF0000"]GME [/COLOR]AE4703 6.6dBi - [COLOR="#FF8C00"]Milford [/COLOR]Cargo Barrier - [COLOR="#FF0000"]JVC [/COLOR]indash DVD - [COLOR="#FF8C00"]Maxtrax [/COLOR]- Pulling a heavily modified [COLOR="#3366ff"]Jayco [/COLOR]Dove Pop Top Camper

Comment

Window sox are legal. These would be similar. You just can't put the front ones on at all.
          If you have experienced D4D engine failure, please complete this survey ​http://goo.gl/forms/bpJSYjq0Zx
          My Rig Build up

sigpic

Comment

I agree, I think fitting the front ones would be cutting it fine with the law. I won't be fitting the front at all.

Comment

Might order a set I think. Good to keep the sun of the kids.
              [B][2007 GXL 120 3.0L D4[COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR] Auto][/B] [I]Mods:[/I] [COLOR="#DAA520"]Bilstein [/COLOR][COLOR="#0000FF"]Shocks [/COLOR]& [COLOR="#DAA520"]King [/COLOR]2" Lift Springs - 265/70/17 [COLOR="#3366ff"]Cooper [/COLOR]AT/3s Tyres - [COLOR="#FF0000"]ARB [/COLOR]Deluxe bullbar - LED Spotlights & Worklights - Snorkel - [COLOR="#008000"]BushSkinz [/COLOR]bash plates - 2.2m Alloy Overlander Full Rack - 2.5m [COLOR="#8B4513"]Wanderer [/COLOR]Awning - [COLOR="#FF0000"]GME [/COLOR]TX3120S UHF & [COLOR="#FF0000"]GME [/COLOR]AE4703 6.6dBi - [COLOR="#FF8C00"]Milford [/COLOR]Cargo Barrier - [COLOR="#FF0000"]JVC [/COLOR]indash DVD - [COLOR="#FF8C00"]Maxtrax [/COLOR]- Pulling a heavily modified [COLOR="#3366ff"]Jayco [/COLOR]Dove Pop Top Camper

Comment

What would be good is a blockout version for the front windows when parked all day in the sun rather than have a half size mesh version that never gets used.
                My Rig Build up

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by amts View Post
                  What would be good is a blockout version for the front windows when parked all day in the sun rather than have a half size mesh version that never gets used.
                  I have used the 2 front window ones for the rear windscreen. the 2 of them cover it nicely with a small overlap at the top. They just tuck behind the panels. I will get a photo up shortly.

PS these are great. I only used 2 locating mounts on the rear door windows for some extra security for when they are down.

Comment

glad you like them. After having these for a few months, I couldn't imagine going through the summer without them. Great idea with the front shades on the back window. I'll have to give that a go myself.

Comment

Thanks guys,

You convinced me to give them a go.

Comment

Any chance these would fit the 120 2007 Prado or are the window sizes different?

Comment

Originally posted by JonathanD View Post
                          Any chance these would fit the 120 2007 Prado or are the window sizes different?
                          Mines a 2007. Just make sure you get the 120 series ones.

Comment

These are great, mine turned up today. They fit fine on their own, no need for the sticky clips they come with. much neater than the pull over the door style.

Comment

Originally posted by tommack84 View Post
                              These are great, mine turned up today. They fit fine on their own, no need for the sticky clips they come with. much neater than the pull over the door style.
                              Same here. Very impressed. Fit my 150 (2006 Kakadu) without the clips. Great quality and great price. Thanks all.

Comment

Working...
                              X