Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

List of Australia's Iconic Tracks & Places.....

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Might not be an iconic track as such but Ngkala rock bypass track on Fraser island, QLD.
    Can get bloody tough and very much make or break for a lot of travelers wanting to get to sandy cape.

Comment

In WA:
      • Karajini gorges are a wonderful sight, and great scenery on the road between there and Tom Price (albeit blacktop)
      • The old ghost town at Gwalia just outside Leonora (B&B in the house built for Herbert Hoover before he became President)
      • If passing through Northampton, Geraldton, Mullewa and Yalgoo, don't miss the churches designed by Monsignor John Hawes

Comment

Well, looking at the list at the front of the thread, I'm glad I don't live in SA :mrgreen::-o
        I feel like there's the Simpson desert* or something there. And the Oodnadatta Track*, and the Strzelecki Track*, and the Birdsville Track, and...

Those who know the area might like to comment on whether the Monkey Gum trail at Yalwal in NSW qualifies. I used to 4wd in the area many years ago, before Bob Carr closed Yalwal to 4wds along with the rest of NSW, then I went overseas for years. Since coming back I've come across a no of interesting references to Monkey Gum, but I haven't gotten back there myself. Hoping to one day soonish :-)
        2008 D4D GX Auto, OP2 (traction/cruise/climate control), ARB deluxe bar, DominatorX winch, dual batteries, Whitey's 50mm lift, 265/70/17, UHF, King's 7" spotties, trans cooler

Comment

Also in SA, is Coober Pedy considered iconic?

Comment

For Vic
            - Butcher country
            - Ellis track ( because it is the hardest track in the country )
            For Tas
            - Grandville harbour track ( Cronical Rocks )
            - Sandy Cape

Comment

Working...
            X