1GD 2.8 DPF Class Action

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1GD 2.8 DPF Class Action

Did I hear right, multi million $$$ class action launched against Toyota Australia for "faulty" DPF system.
    Going back to 2015 release models.

About time. The system is faulty. Toyota should have sorted it.
    Last edited by kizbot; 03-08-2019, 09:27 AM.

Comment

i have no idea how Toyota gonna deal with it ? add an extra switch ? it is not a real fix for the issue !!!

Comment

Am very interested to see what happens I’ve had no issues with mine “14,000km touch wood but would like to know what will happen if it does play up.. we had a Hilux that went back about 6 times to get it fixed and it still having issues

Comment

The switch does nothing unless the dpf is about 180% full.

Comment

What I find interesting is that the same engine in the UK and EU does not have DPF but instead has the adblue which from what I have read has less issues
            2011 150 D4D, TJM T13 Bullbar, TJM Airtec Snorkel, TJM Awning, Hayman Reese towbar, BFG all terrains, Hella Spotties ([B]Sold[/B])

Comment

Originally posted by fourbyfour View Post
              What I find interesting is that the same engine in the UK and EU does not have DPF but instead has the adblue which from what I have read has less issues
              In Europe the 1GD has DPF+SCR (adblue). But as long as I know there are no major issues with the DPF here... May bé different software configuration or better quality of diésel...

Comment

Originally posted by ferktm View Post

In Europe the 1GD has DPF+SCR (adblue). But as long as I know there are no major issues with the DPF here... May bé different software configuration or better quality of diésel...
                Thanks for the correction regarding the DPF I saw this article that Toyota here are looking at introducing the adblue as well https://mr4x4.com.au/toyota-expected...ll-out-adblue/
                2011 150 D4D, TJM T13 Bullbar, TJM Airtec Snorkel, TJM Awning, Hayman Reese towbar, BFG all terrains, Hella Spotties ([B]Sold[/B])

Comment

Working...
                X