LED Bulbs Changeover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LED Bulbs Changeover

I bought the bright whites originally from warden seller a while back. Warm white wasn't available back then.
    Then bought the Warm White, and they produce the same/better amount of light at a more natural look.

Bought a few other Warm White LEDs for the rest of the car.
    Probably should've taken some comparison pics to post.
    Now .... where did I put those Bright White ..... a safe place ..... got so many safe places, maybe one day soon they'll find each other.
    2006 White Auto GXL
    50mm LIFT - BASH PLATES - DUAL BATTERY - HILUX WSHR JETS - DUNLOP AT3s - 300W INVRTR - TX3440 UHF - 900XS IPFs - WAECO CF60 - BLACK WOLF KALAHARA 6+6 TENT
    [color=green]WISH LIST[/color] -- 9000Lb WINCH - WATER TANK

Comment

Originally posted by mersenne
      Probably should've taken some comparison pics to post.
      Yes!
      [B][SIZE=4]ntp
      [/SIZE][/B][COLOR=#000040][B][SIZE=1]Love the Outback............. Love my Prado.[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]
      [I][SIZE=1][URL="http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w328/ntpryce/Picture23.png"]My Prado[/URL][/SIZE][/I], [I][SIZE=1][URL="http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w328/ntpryce/MyExtras.png"]My Extras[/URL][/SIZE][/I]
      [B]4wdriving First Party[/B][COLOR=#0000ff] - [/COLOR][B][COLOR=#0000ff]dןǝɥ ɹoɟ ןןɐɔ 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı[/COLOR][/B]

Comment

Man....I'm sick of reading about LED globes for cars.

I've quickly found out that many Automotive LED globes are simply not as bright as their filament cousins. Indeed, the Superbright LED's website even puts out a note on this that they want you to read before rushing in buying LED globes you expect will be brighter. As I thought to begin with too....... http://www.superbrightleds.com/carbulb-notes.htm

Case in point, I replaced my map lights with these little jobbies from Brightlights
        BA9S4LED2P -- 12V BA9S 4 LED globe

These are not as bright as the original filament globes. It can be a little hard to quantify, as the LED lights produce a much whiter and crisper light when compared to the yellowish filament globes. Yet when I look at the strength of the thrown light around the cabin, the filament globes win hands down.

Next up will be the following globes from LEDshoponline.com

BA9S Dashboard Bulb -- 6 Chip SMD LED

Seems that the "SMD" LED's are the way to go in terms of brightness. Hopefully these will turn out better. Also had a B.E.F (Big Epic Fail) with the festoon bulbs I bought for the two roof lights in the cabin. Bought the following from Brightlights.

31F4LED1P -- 12v 31MM Festoon 12V 4 LED globe

Simply, not bright enough. Sure the light is nice and crisp but is fairly dim when compared to the the old 31mm Filament globe originally there. B.E.F. Once again I'm off to LEDshoponline to try these out.

31mm SMD LED Festoon/Dome light LEDs 8~30 Volt

We'll see if these can cut it with the big filament boys. So I didn't do altogether too well on my first LED Globe buy up. But then I put these in the doors from Brightlights...

T104LED2P -- T10 Wedge 12V 4 LED Chip Style Super bright and with 120 degree wide angle beam

Whoah!! 8) These are significantly brighter than the original filament globes Toyota puts in the doors. And I mean significantly. Almost a little too bright for what these lights are meant to be for but what the heck..... you only live once! 8) 8)

I wanted to replace my reverse lights in the rear tail light clusters with something brighter. Sadly though, nothing I've found has cut the mustard for this and it looks like another solution is needed for that. LEDshop suggested I try the following.

T10 6x 3050 SMD bulb - WHITE

Now, these are damn bright little LED lights there's no doubt. 6 bright LED's means they pack a bit of a punch but their flaw is that none of the LED's actually faces forwards. All the LED's actually face off to the sides, meaning that if the globe is pointing "end on" you will only get reflected light coming out the back of the reverse light. Bottom line is they are not as good as the filament reverse lights. B.E.F! However! They do fit nicely in the front park lights! 8) The ones in the headlight assembly. While not as bright as the originals, once again I think because all the LED's point sideways, they are close enough and make a very nice crisp white light where the originals look very yellow in comparison.

Also on order from LEDshoponline are the following for the round "trailer light" assembly's on the sovereign bullbar. They have an amber indicator light in them plus a very pale 41mm festoon globe.

41mm 6x5050 SMD LED festoon/dome light 8~30vDC

These should dose up the sovereigns park lights nicely. You can even get these in blue which I took a punt on. Time will tell if they look too freaking bling or not.

Then it was into the glove compartment to throw away that paltry little speck of a globe that is meant to let you see into the dark depths at night. Whatever!

T5LED2P -- T5 Wedge 12V LED Dome Head style

These work a treat! 8) They are brighter than the stock globe by a fair whack. Definitely worth while.

Was in Dick Smiths today and and came across the following.

Auto LED Turn Indicator Lamp -- Cluster of 19 high intensity yellow LEDs

Honestly, don't bother with these. At all. They aren't worth it. Unless you are a sad LED tragic who simply cannot live without them. They aren't a patch on the original filament indicator globes. Plus they do not have the offset pins at the base of the globe like the originals do. You can sit them in the socket but they aren't completely happy there. Stick with the filaments.

So... hope that might help someone else from getting under performing LED's. And save some $$$$ too.
        [b]#[/b] 2007 D4D GX [b]#[/b] Full Privacy Tint [b]#[/b] [color=#FF0000][b] Flinders Red [/b][/color] [b]#[/b] 2 x HID LightForce 240 Blitz [b]#[/b] ARB Winch Bar [b]#[/b] Alloy Rims [b]#[/b] Hilux Washer Jets [b]#[/b] Stebel Nautilus Compact Truck Horn [b]#[/b] ARB Alloy Roof Rack [b]#[/b] ARB Dual Battery System [b]#[/b] Charcoal Rough Country Canvas Seat Covers [b]#[/b] [color=#0000FF]Suspension:[/color]Autocraft Bilstein Shocks/Struts & Ridepro Coils [b]#[/b] [color=#0000FF]L.E.D[/color] Side Marker Lights [b]#[/b] ARB Onboard Air [b]#[/b] Pirelli Scorpion LT ATR 265/70's [b]#[/b][color=#0080FF]--Custom 3"exhaust---[/color]

Comment

You are right, the normal LEDs are not bright enough. I have got the brighter ones, think they refer to them as High Power (HP).

The rear tail/brake lights and signals are all wedge type bulbs (not the bayonet type). See link below:

http://pc-link.biz/catalog/product_info ... cts_id=439
          Cheers,
          Dustie

Self confessed PP addict!! hmm.. now thats not a bad habit is it......

Comment

Dustie have you swapped the rear lights out in yours? If so, which ones did you use for the reversing lights? I note the wedge measures 9mm across the bottom. There's a lot of LED's out there with similar measurements but at a good few bucks a pop I can't afford to try them all until I find one that's bright enough. Maybe if you had some sort of double adapter fitting that allowed 2 or 3 "globes" to run off the one powered socket you might get somewhere.
            [b]#[/b] 2007 D4D GX [b]#[/b] Full Privacy Tint [b]#[/b] [color=#FF0000][b] Flinders Red [/b][/color] [b]#[/b] 2 x HID LightForce 240 Blitz [b]#[/b] ARB Winch Bar [b]#[/b] Alloy Rims [b]#[/b] Hilux Washer Jets [b]#[/b] Stebel Nautilus Compact Truck Horn [b]#[/b] ARB Alloy Roof Rack [b]#[/b] ARB Dual Battery System [b]#[/b] Charcoal Rough Country Canvas Seat Covers [b]#[/b] [color=#0000FF]Suspension:[/color]Autocraft Bilstein Shocks/Struts & Ridepro Coils [b]#[/b] [color=#0000FF]L.E.D[/color] Side Marker Lights [b]#[/b] ARB Onboard Air [b]#[/b] Pirelli Scorpion LT ATR 265/70's [b]#[/b][color=#0080FF]--Custom 3"exhaust---[/color]

Comment

has anyone added extra lights that are LED :?: :?:

Why you ask....well when I park in a garage or dark parking lot I cant's see squat down low...no floorboard lighting etc. god forbid you drop something :shock:
              [SIZE=1][B]2011 Silver 150 DVD[/B] [B]GXL[/B][/SIZE][SIZE=1], Safari Snorkel, Sand Grabba mats, Michelle Sacs seat organizer, ARB Bull Bar, Lightforce 170 HID, Bonnet and Headlight protectors, Dual Batteries, Engel Fridge, Kaymar rear spacer, Cooper STTs [B]x 6[/B], Rhino Pioneer tray in black, MaxTrax, Black Widow Drawers with top shelf, divider & cargo barrier, ARB Sports Nitrochargers and springs, ICOM IC 440N CB
              [/SIZE]

Comment

Just a minute. Where abouts are you talking about Dingo?? Lights under the vehicle? Saw a LC 100 with 3 amber lights along the running board today and that didn't look too bad. Not sure it would light up the ground too much though. Couldn't you put a sensor light in the garage?? Or an LED Lenser in your glovebox?

Comment

I think OldSalt also run some along the bottom of the doors if I'm not mistaken
                  [COLOR=#000080]Nick[/COLOR]
                  [URL="http://pradopoint.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=5308&sid=bcbebadd30673f1ac72047e6e8a93d79"]2006 TD GXL Evolution & Trips[/URL]
                  [URL=http://www.fuelly.com/driver/Schaffer/prado][IMG]http://www.fuelly.com/smallsig-metric/45547.png[/IMG][/URL]
                  [img]http://i929.photobucket.com/albums/mm286/Schaffer71/Avatar/CooperCreek.jpg[/img] [img]http://i929.photobucket.com/albums/mm286/Schaffer71/Avatar/BendlebyRanges.jpg[/img]

Comment

Ordered 4 x T104LED2P & 1 x T5LED2P last night after reading this post.

Had an email back from www.superbrightleds.com early this morning that they will be posted today... (very fast service).
                    2012 Pearl White VX, 3.0 Litre D4D Auto, Wynnum 2.5T Tow Bar, OME Lift, TJM Airtech snorkle, TJM diff breathers, Redarc EBRH, Projecta DBC100K, Lightforce XGT, EBC Nudge bar, Custom Recovery Points, TG150, ARB compressor, Pioneer Platform, Kaymar #K7123 /CDQ2195, 697 A/T's, Tin's DC trans cooler, MaxTrax on TraxRax, TJM DBS, Piranha Tray...

Comment

I'll be interested to hear how you go with the ones from Superbright. Some of those looked pretty high tech! Let us know how you get on!

Comment

Originally posted by IRON-PAWW
                        Dustie have you swapped the rear lights out in yours? If so, which ones did you use for the reversing lights? I note the wedge measures 9mm across the bottom. There's a lot of LED's out there with similar measurements but at a good few bucks a pop I can't afford to try them all until I find one that's bright enough. Maybe if you had some sort of double adapter fitting that allowed 2 or 3 "globes" to run off the one powered socket you might get somewhere.
                        Hi IP,

I have not changed the rear tailgate/brake/stop light or the front and rear signals yet. Reason being when I tried the "White" light with the signals near the door (front), the colour of the light was crap. I recently replaced them with T10 Amber bulbs and its done the job.

I'm thinking of ordering the "push in" type for the rear lights. Will let you know if I do (did'nt do it previously thinking it may not be bright enough). Note though the brake/stop lights have two filaments and Signal has only one. So not sure how they achieve this in a Led bulb for tail light/stop and braking.

The number for the bulb is 7440 or 7443 I think from memory.
                        Cheers,
                        Dustie

Comment

The tail / brake light LED globes do claim to have "dual brightness" for when you hit the brakes. Also, other solutions seem to be a large cluster of LED's, say 30 or more. Normal tail light is say 1/2 the LED's lit and the rest come on when you hit the brakes. Those type seem to be the duller sort though while the dual brightness appear to be the brighter type. The tail and brake lights I'm not so fussed about, although certainly interested if someone finds something good. 8) Mainly the white reverse globe is what I'm looking to brighten up back there.

Ok I recieved these from LEDShoponline

They've cured my brightness woes bigtime! The 31mm festoon globe with the 2 SMT LED's are bright! Brighter than the original filament festoon I'd say and are a worthwhile upgrade.

Now, the blue 41mm festoons I got for the sovereign bar park lights. They're very bright and very blue. A much brighter blue than I was expecting, so much so that I'm unsure if I'm going to keep them there as I fear they may be too bright. The plain white ones might have been a better choice as these blue ones ... well...

You see what I mean... My crappy phone camera has flared them a bit and in reality they're not quite as bright as they appear in that pic but you get the idea.

EDIT: I have since removed these globes as someone at my work who's into modding cars warned me that coloured globes could get the vehicle defected if the police are in a bad mood. Usually you might just get a warning as the globes are easily swapped out for the correct ones. However I can do without a trip over the pits. Sent an email to DPI today to clarify this, however I'm sure he's correct.

The BA9 SMT's for the interior map lights are also very bright. Brighter than the original filament globes I'd say. However, the problem is that the flat, bright end is somewhat shoved to the outside of the little light fitting and a good swag of the bright light never makes it out into the cab. There is a little reflector in there but these particular LED globes are a tad too long to really make use of it. The filament globe throws its light out better because the filament isn't obscured by anything. Still it's a very close match in brightness at the end of the day.

Comment

Dustie

The T10 globes that you put in the doors, are the led's all facing different directions, or are all led's facing in one direction.. there are 2 different types and i am not sure which one would be better
                            Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by crowey
                              Dustie
                              The T10 globes that you put in the doors, are the led's all facing different directions, or are all led's facing in one direction.. there are 2 different types and i am not sure which one would be better
                              Cheers
                              They are all facing one direction. Make sure to get the "High Power" 1w globes.
                              I use this type. See below (for display only, you can get them cheaper elsewhere)

http://www.gadgetmaster.com.au/product/2001-5
                              Cheers,
                              Dustie

Comment

Originally posted by IRON-PAWW
                                Just a minute. Where abouts are you talking about Dingo?? Lights under the vehicle? Saw a LC 100 with 3 amber lights along the running board today and that didn't look too bad. Not sure it would light up the ground too much though. Couldn't you put a sensor light in the garage?? Or an LED Lenser in your glovebox?
                                Apologies...I didn't follow-up on my own posts very well ops:

I am actually talking about interior such as under the glove box etc. Wouldn't take much light just a matter of choosing an LED and housing etc. I'll look around BrightLights for some ideas.
                                [SIZE=1][B]2011 Silver 150 DVD[/B] [B]GXL[/B][/SIZE][SIZE=1], Safari Snorkel, Sand Grabba mats, Michelle Sacs seat organizer, ARB Bull Bar, Lightforce 170 HID, Bonnet and Headlight protectors, Dual Batteries, Engel Fridge, Kaymar rear spacer, Cooper STTs [B]x 6[/B], Rhino Pioneer tray in black, MaxTrax, Black Widow Drawers with top shelf, divider & cargo barrier, ARB Sports Nitrochargers and springs, ICOM IC 440N CB
                                [/SIZE]

Comment

canli bahis siteleri bahis siteleri ecebet.net
                                mencisport.com
                                antalya escort
                                tsyd.org deneme bonusu veren siteler
                                deneme bonusu veren siteler
                                gaziantep escort
                                gaziantep escort
                                asyabahis maltcasino olabahis olabahis
                                erotik film izle Rus escort gaziantep rus escort
                                atasehir escort tuzla escort
                                sikis sex hatti
                                en iyi casino siteleri
                                casibom
                                betticket istanbulbahis
                                Working...
                                X