Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Driving lights for 2018 GXL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Driving lights for 2018 GXL

    I'm looking for some advice from other owners of the 2018 models that have fitted driving lights on a factory bar that haven't upset the Smart Sense technology?
    What size and model of lights have been successful?

  • #2
    I am interested in this thread too...........I went straight to a light bar across the front of my Rhino platform.

    Comment


    • #3
      Iím hearing a lot of good reviews on the Lightforce Genesis LED lights.
      I too am looking at a good set of driving lights. Personally I prefer the low profile LED lights when compared to traditional halogen/HIDs.

      Anyone running a set of these Genesis LEDs or similar....

      Apparently the ARB bullbar states that all smart technology wonít interfere with the Smart Sense.... even when a set of lights are on (such as the Intensity LEDs)

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by orangepeel View Post
        Iím hearing a lot of good reviews on the Lightforce Genesis LED lights.
        I too am looking at a good set of driving lights. Personally I prefer the low profile LED lights when compared to traditional halogen/HIDs.

        Anyone running a set of these Genesis LEDs or similar....

        Apparently the ARB bullbar states that all smart technology wonít interfere with the Smart Sense.... even when a set of lights are on (such as the Intensity LEDs)
        I have a set of SA LEDs, if I had to replace them it would be with the LF Genesis lights.

        Comment


        • #5
          I fitted a pair of Narva Ultima 215 LEDs and no issues so far.

          Comment


          • #6
            I picked up my 2018 VX from ARB late last Friday after having their Summit Bar and AR32 Intensity led lights fitted. (Plus a whole bunch of other goodies fitted which took a week to fit them all!!)

            i did about 450 Kimís on Saturday on the highway and the radar cruise control working perfectly - every time. Havenít really tried the other aspects but I donít see why they wouldnít also work.
            2009 Prado 120 D4D, Silver, ARB Deluxe Winch Bar, IPFXS, Safari snorkel, diff breathers, OME, GME UHF, Warn Winch, ARB portable compressor, OEM Towbar, Tekonsha brake controller, tinted windows

            Comment


            • #7
              How did the camera relocation go for the front camera?
              Did it mess up the display being off centre since relocated?
              Much shake/wobble from the bull ar?


              Still decided to fit AR32s or LF Genesis to the bull bar (when it finally arrives in stock)

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Roksy18 View Post
                I picked up my 2018 VX from ARB late last Friday after having their Summit Bar and AR32 Intensity led lights fitted. (Plus a whole bunch of other goodies fitted which took a week to fit them all!!)

                i did about 450 Kimís on Saturday on the highway and the radar cruise control working perfectly - every time. Havenít really tried the other aspects but I donít see why they wouldnít also work.
                Hey Roksy, Any chance for some pics? I'm seriously considering the ARB bar.
                Good news on the lights! I see some of ARB pics on the web with the smaller 21 intensity lights, wondering if that was due to the radar... Obviously not in your case as it seems to work fine with the 32's.
                Great news!

                Ant

                Comment


                • #9
                  Sorry Iím away for work at the moment and not back until ver6 late Friday night. Iíll take some photos on Saturday and post them. Plus Iíll show you the impact to external cameras. The bull bar blocks some of the ground but Iím ok with it.
                  2009 Prado 120 D4D, Silver, ARB Deluxe Winch Bar, IPFXS, Safari snorkel, diff breathers, OME, GME UHF, Warn Winch, ARB portable compressor, OEM Towbar, Tekonsha brake controller, tinted windows

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Roksy18 View Post
                    Sorry Iím away for work at the moment and not back until ver6 late Friday night. Iíll take some photos on Saturday and post them. Plus Iíll show you the impact to external cameras. The bull bar blocks some of the ground but Iím ok with it.
                    Nice one.
                    Thanks Roksy. I'm looking forward to it

                    Ant

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Are we able to see any pics on the new 2018 Prado and driving light setup?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I picked up the new GLX yesterday and ended up having some Stedi Type X 7Ē LED lights fitted that donít interfere with the avoidance system and work very well.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Vanders View Post
                          I picked up the new GLX yesterday and ended up having some Stedi Type X 7Ē LED lights fitted that donít interfere with the avoidance system and work very well.
                          Nice one Vanders. They look like a good match to your bar.

                          Ant

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Hi Orangepeel,

                            here is my ARB summit bar and the AR32 Intensity driving lights. As far as I can tell, the driving lights have not interfered with the cruise radar or safety systems.

                            The front camera has been relocated as per close up and has created a bit of a shadow which you can see on the photo of the screen on the dash. I can live with this.

                            Im super happy with the outcome.
                            2009 Prado 120 D4D, Silver, ARB Deluxe Winch Bar, IPFXS, Safari snorkel, diff breathers, OME, GME UHF, Warn Winch, ARB portable compressor, OEM Towbar, Tekonsha brake controller, tinted windows

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Thanks for the pics!
                              Looks mean with the bigger lights and bullbar!
                              Nice to hear the largest lights donít interfere with any of the smart sense technology.

                              Is the shadow caused from the number plate section or something else?
                              From what Iíve seen, the ARB install didnít mention anything interfering with the camera view... can the camera be moved or adjusted to clear up the view?

                              Thanks for sharing the pics...

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X