Announcement

Collapse

  
See more
See less

2019 Prado Aftermarket Stereo

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2019 Prado Aftermarket Stereo

    I'm looking to replace the factory head unit for an aftermarket one purely for the addition of Apple car play, is this possible? Ive searched everywhere and cant seem to find an answer

    Thanks in advance

  • #2
    I've recently replaced the shitty head unit in my 2018 GXL with a Kenwood DDX919WS could't be happier. Keep in mind that you need to replace the fascia too

    Comment


    • #3
      Sitt, Would love to buy your 2018 unit to fit in my 2014 prado if possible

      Comment


      • #4
        Where does one get a fascia from ?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Sitt View Post
          I've recently replaced the shitty head unit in my 2018 GXL with a Kenwood DDX919WS could't be happier. Keep in mind that you need to replace the fascia too
          Thanks Sitt, good to know its possible to get it changed. As wiggy asked above where can I get a fascia from?

          Comment


          • #6
            Hey Guys,

            Has anyone managed to do something like this in an 18/19 VX, and maintain the birdseye camera setup? Does anyone know if the head unit is responsible for the video mixing or is the mixed signal presented to the head unit as one input?

            Thanks in advance

            Comment


            • #7
              That set up is available for around $2500 drive in drive out from a place in Brisbane called: http://www.drivesound.com.au

              The fascia alone is $700. It is a genuine Toyota facia from the UK version of the Prado thats lower than our GX model.

              At least thats what two places have told me now. Looks great but I'm not sure I hate the factory head unit that much just yet.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Hostile1 View Post
                That set up is available for around $2500 drive in drive out from a place in Brisbane called: http://www.drivesound.com.au

                The fascia alone is $700. It is a genuine Toyota facia from the UK version of the Prado thats lower than our GX model.

                At least thats what two places have told me now. Looks great but I'm not sure I hate the factory head unit that much just yet.
                I am going to give them a ring, i have kakadu and want to make sure around view cameras work + Rear enterainment system controls work, also MTS views, etc works.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by brisbane View Post

                  I am going to give them a ring, i have kakadu and want to make sure around view cameras work + Rear enterainment system controls work, also MTS views, etc works.
                  did you get any good info for the Vx/Kakadu?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by iRager View Post

                    Thanks Sitt, good to know its possible to get it changed. As wiggy asked above where can I get a fascia from?
                    Apologies, don't come on here very often. I believe my fascia was produced by Stinger https://stingeraustralia.com.au/product/jptoy07/ I bought from a car audio shop who installed new speakers, amp and Kenwood head unit. I believe the fascia was around $700

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I got this from EC Vision and a Sound when I enquired regarding my 2018/19 Kakadu

                      As of right now we do have a unit for the 2018 Prado, but it will not support the 360 cameras on the Kakadu,
                      In about 2-3 weeks we have a interface unit coming out to allow Apple Car Play/Android Auto on the factory screen, we will be the first people in the world with this product, it should be awesome.. stay tuned on out FB page etc

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X