• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is a very entertaining read!!!
    2014 D4D 150 GXL Automatic - CHARCOAL

Comment

They spelt Hiclone wrong, should be WOFTAM
      "Sure it’s quiet, for a diesel, but that’s like being well-behaved… for a murderer."- Jeremy Clarkson

Comment

BUMP,,

Still got the bridge if anyone is chasing one.
        Can I still play now I have a 200 series?........Had a 2008 120 Series D4D Manual 6 Speed...STANDARD White, Soverign Bar..........Rear Cage........Dashmat.......GX Wheels with Good Year Dura Tracs........Bilstein/Dobbo 2'' lift.....Safari Snorkel....Canvas Seat Covers.....20%tint..........55W HID Headlights.....Mudmats front and rear.....
        22'' Lightbar......

Comment

Nah. mlc has frightened us all off. The bridge is a bit rusty too, throw in a repaint, say in maroon, and I might be interested.
          My 150 build - http://www.pradopoint.com/showthread.php?27423-A-Random-approach-to-a-Bluestorm-150-GXL-D4D-automatic

Comment

Gday D4Dforme

Originally posted by D4Dforme View Post
            BUMP,,

Still got the bridge if anyone is chasing one.
            So now you are saying the bridge is mobile?.... Since when do you chase a bridge??

Does that mean you are back from Nigeria already?

I hope that your not trying to flog me the glebe bridge Co's it's too contemp for my liking and you can only go across it and drive a boat under it!.... "Borrrring!"

The one I'm thinking of is the one you that you can go across it/ Walk over it/ Walk under it / Drive a boat under it/ Drive trains across it and it has a museum on it and i can charge a toll on it and swop the lanes around on it when ever i want!... Now that is totally awesome!!

So which one is it?.... Is it the bodgy one that has no versatility or is it the one that has heaps of add-onns?

If your smart about it you could flog the bodgy coat hanger one to "Heath74" Co's he only wants a bridge to suck-up to his fatherinlaw so clearly he is in hot waters with his Miss's! Lol ... That makes him an easy target Co's he is clearly desperate to build bridges!..

Also! Are you putting the harbour tunnel in as the same package deal with the bridge Co's i was thinking i could sell the tunnel to "mitchm" at a good profit Co's he clearly has this thing about "Hiclones" and the harbour tunnel is full of Um so i see him as a hook - Line and sinker done deal! .... I personally think the harbour tunnel sux but i wont tell him that!...

I'm guessing "Ozpat" succeeded in persuading "Matt - mr4x4" to not putting a bid on the bridge so it looks like i will have to give "Ozpat" my Energy Polariser!

Lets face it!... Not only did "Matt - mr4x4" get to keep his three champion grey hounds and a pair of jousting sticks plus his crappy 7 second cortina he also made a lazzy 5 grand and gets my pedigree horse that won the "Melbourne Cup" twice in a row for doing absolutely nothing? He also never returned my "I LOVE My "HICLONE" Co's It SUX" T-shirt! so i hope he breaks out in a rash Co's i suffer from flakey skin and i have already bought the last of the "Snake oil" from "D4D" so he can suffer and go to hell!

Hey "cbm8880!" .. It looks like you will have to suck-up to "Ozpat" if you want an other go at the Energy Polariser Co's he is now the proud owner of it!

Bendman!! The said bridge is more than high enough for the NSW team to jump off so if i get the deal i will let the NSW team to jump off it at a small fee of course but if you happen to hit the water and crack the harbour tunnel i'm sure "mitchm" would be ticked off a tad Co's i think those "Hiclones" ain't waterproof!

Yo "MidLifeCrisis!" ... You must have physic skills Co's you was so on the mark when you said everyone was a bunch of pessimists Co's i really didn't pick-up on it till you mentioned it!

Cheers
            Last edited by SWR; 01-06-2013, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Still interested in this bridge, I don't come of the rig for another 90 days, so just need to confirm that western union money transfer is ok.
              My FIL is really keen , so I'm happy to pay 10% more than you are asking. Just need you to put 2k into the account first.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath74 View Post
                Still interested in this bridge, I don't come of the rig for another 90 days, so just need to confirm that western union money transfer is ok.
                My FIL is really keen , so I'm happy to pay 10% more than you are asking. Just need you to put 2k into the account first.

Sorry mate i'll get back to you on the bridge situation I've been busy dealing with a shipment of skyhooks,rubber clouts and grinding sparks........bloody customs giving me greif with the grinding sparks telling me they are not packaged properly............
                Also have some metric shifters and left handed screwdrivers available any time soon if your interested?

Dan
                Can I still play now I have a 200 series?........Had a 2008 120 Series D4D Manual 6 Speed...STANDARD White, Soverign Bar..........Rear Cage........Dashmat.......GX Wheels with Good Year Dura Tracs........Bilstein/Dobbo 2'' lift.....Safari Snorkel....Canvas Seat Covers.....20%tint..........55W HID Headlights.....Mudmats front and rear.....
                22'' Lightbar......

Comment

Been researching the benefits of a Hiclone and came across these to complement this product

An oil filter magnet

http://www.hicloneqld.com/oilfilter.html

And a fuel star

http://www.hicloneqld.com/fuelstar.html

So much % savings to be gained with all 3 products......
                  KIMBOPRADO
                  Last edited by KIMBOPRADO; 02-06-2013, 01:09 AM. Reason: Typo
                  [SIZE=1]06 Prado GXL,V6 auto BLACK,MT STZ LT265/65/17,toyota sovereign bull bar.Because of Prado Point HAD to get - Lovells springs/Bilstein shocks-50mm lift,ScanGaugeII,Dig Options AVN11TP GPS Unit, Lifestyle rack, Hilux Jets,AMTS 55W HID Black Euro Spotties,AMTS tyre carrier spacer,AMTS radiator bash plate, AJ120 rock sliders,LEDLAD interior lights,AMTS LED sov.bar,AMTS recovery points,safari snorkel and pioneer platform -DAMM YOU PP!![/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by KIMBOPRADO View Post
                    Been researching the benefits of a Hiclone and came across these to complement this product

An oil filter magnet

And a fuel star

Yes so true........with all 3 products fitted you would actually be making more fuel than you could use.......you would become a type of mobile refinery and would have mastered perpetual motion.........amazing that everyone is not using the products isn't it?

Dan
                    22'' Lightbar......

Comment

Originally posted by KIMBOPRADO View Post

An oil filter magnet

And a fuel star

Yes so true........with all 3 products fitted you would actually be making more fuel than you could use.......you would become a type of mobile refinery and would have mastered perpetual motion.........amazing that everyone is not using the products isn't it?

Dan
                      22'' Lightbar......

Comment

Gday mitchm

Originally posted by mitchm View Post
                        Well I had an old hiclone on my old hilux 2l (2.5l) and it made a huge difference in low end torque. John from hiclone qld has just done a great deal on two of them for me with an exchange of the old unit.

Just fitting one on the engine side of the alloy pipe and then one just outside the air filter. At this stage the prado seems to breath better and better pick up. I'm more I interested in the fuel savings. They reckon around 25%. Even if I get 20% ill be happy.

I'll post the results after two tanks. I know a few ppl here reckon don't wasted money, only time will tell I suppose.
                        Firstly with no offence but given the total mixed reviews on these "Hiclones" (The search in Google is mined blowing but there has been a Resurrection of this product so someone is making a motsa and they have there promoters! IMHO). i know there is alot of people making "alot" money and just as many loosing it!

It starts with it being heavily promoted by who-ever and then the money follows!... Its called marketing!.. Marketing as we all know does sell!

OK!.. I will now have a serious moment now that i have had some fun!.. After all there is people out there giving there hard earned cash to what i see as outright crooks!

Something to think about because it has become very clear to me "IMHO" that there is people popping-up all over the web swearing that the "Hiclone does work!.. From a mechanical point of view what they claim it is just pure and simply not possible?

I find there claims to be fraudulent and misleading for starters and even though there seems to be a an "abundant" supply of happy customer testimonials there is no supply of technical proof?? EG: there is no Dyno tests before and after by any reputable/established organisations to prove of its authentic? .... Mmmmm?? Why doesn't that in its self surprise me?

I believe it is very, very easy to get people to spread the word of awesomeness! EG: Offer "Someone" a very tiny fee for promoting clicks (The more clicks the more cash so start spinning a yarn and you make more) or even just a simple exposure of there logo and they are owned!! That is how easy it is to buy people and clearly there is an abundant supply of them!.. even on this forum!

If anyone has the slightest understanding of terminal velocity they would understand very quickly that putting a static rotor blade in front of flowing air will simply slow it down!... In order to increase airflow the rotor would have to rotate "MUCH" quicker than its supply and as the Hiclone relies on vacuum how can this be possible??.. It will only restrict the air flow as engine RPM increases!

Why did it seem to work about twenty years ago?... Simple!... They was carburetter type vehicles back then with very poor and primitive technology by today's standards.

The original so-called "Hiclone" was actually "I THINK" called a "fuel saver" by a company called Karrina Industries.

It was originally fitted at the very base of the carburettor and helped to cause a swirling affect as the fuel vapour left the carburettor and helped to better the atomising of the fuel vapour as it entered the inlet manifold before reaching the combustion chamber!

Would it make a difference on today's technogolised engines?... Highly, Highly, Highly un-likely!!!!.. Not possible? He-say She-say not worth the paper its written on!

WHY?... To put it simple for the "None mechanical minded" is that the fuel is atomised "Directly" in the combustion chamber via a very efficient fuel injector at high pressure (Petrol & Diesel) and the fuel is atomised very efficiently directly in the combustion chamber! .... So on that note you are now left with strictly air-flow to complete the combustion cycle! (I will not include the EGR for the smart Allix on this one as keeping with the Hiclone in focus!).

If you have a Vacuum driven impeller on the induction side how can it possibly increase air flow??.. Then you increase the piss-take by adding two of them to double the resistance??

It "IS" a known fact that if you have a thermo fan on whilst driving at speed the air flow is compromised so how can fitting two of these things improve engine performance on modern day engines?

Do not confuse this "Hiclone" with an actual "exhaust turbo charger" as the "exhaust turbo charger" is driven by a much greater energy sauce that forces the exhaust impeller that drives the compressor and actually pushes higher volumes of air into the engine... The "Hiclone" relies solely on vacuum to drive it so logically as RPM increases it will restrict air flow!

For those who insist on improved fuel consumption they probably have also changed there driving habits at about the same time of installation?

ALSO!! Do you suppose they will pay for any engine replacements "IF" the stupid piece of cr@p was to self destructs and gets drawn into the air intake?..What sort of warranty covers that?

Who is actually responsible for "your" actions?? There has to be accountability somewhere?

Mmmm??? 1% power increase or fuel economy increase (Ooops Sorry more like Zero was taking the pi) based on parting with $100 to $180 will definitely psychologically convince me that it works and how many K's to get that hard earned cash back???

Meanwhile the $2 item that has a 200% min markup times 2 or what-ever million at $100 to $180?... Raises a question! Who is the bigger fool? The guy who walks into the fire or the guy that follows?...

Make a fool of me once, Shame on you!.... Make a fool of me twice, Shame on me!

On that note! To make matters worse!.. Most cars of today actually have "Swirl-Flaps" built into the induction manifolds to promote turbulance in the combustion chamber so how thw hell can that "Hiclone improve anything apart from hinder?

Cheers
                        Last edited by SWR; 02-06-2013, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Skywalkerrun View Post
                          there is no supply of technical proof?? EG: there is no Dyno tests before and after by any reputable/established organisations to prove of its authentic?
                          4WD Action a year or two ago when testing which mods worked or didn't work to improve power and economy found the Hyclone to be useless.
                          [SIZE=1]Cheers Jim.
                          [/SIZE][COLOR=#0000cd]
                          2009 120 D4D VX auto, pearl white with [COLOR=#0000cd]matching ARB deluxe bar,[/COLOR] 2" lift with [COLOR=#0000cd]OME springs & Nitro shocks,[/COLOR] 9000lb Warn winch, BFG KO A/Ts, Alloy Rhino roof basket, Safari snorkel, 2 x Optima D27F batteries, Voltage booster from Leigh, Jawa [SIZE=1]off-road camper trailer.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Ozpat View Post
                            4WD Action a year or two ago when testing which mods worked or didn't work to improve power and economy found the Hyclone to be useless.
                            Even they won't endorse it!

I know a little bit about volumetric efficiency, aerodynamics, fluid dynamics, vortex generators and boundary layer control and I'm with Skywalker. Hiclone makes no sense in a modern fuel injected engine.

Save your money and buy yourself something to actually enhance the performance of your Prado.
                            "Sure it’s quiet, for a diesel, but that’s like being well-behaved… for a murderer."- Jeremy Clarkson

Comment

make sure you order the 'hiclone', not the Chinese copy called a 'cyclone', a bloke in the usa just got one - it was a big disaster.

Comment

Yo D4Dforme

Originally posted by D4Dforme View Post
                                Sorry mate i'll get back to you on the bridge situation I've been busy dealing with a shipment of skyhooks,rubber clouts and grinding sparks........bloody customs giving me greif with the grinding sparks telling me they are not packaged properly............
                                Also have some metric shifters and left handed screwdrivers available any time soon if your interested?

Dan
                                I'm curious on how many skyhooks you ordered in Co's i need a box of x 20 and about x 600 rubber clouts for mi rompus I'm about to build!

Who is your contact Co's i thought you couldn't get those grinding sparks anymore?.. If the price is right I'll have two boxes of those for sure!... Obviously the guy at customs is no bright spark if he has a problem with the packaging on the grinding sparks?

I will grab a left handed screwdriver and metric shifter off ya Co' mi imperial just don't fit proper and the left handed screwdriver will be good to get into those awkward corner jobs!

Maybe we can strike a deal on the tool's coz ive got some 25Ohm screwdrivers (Philips and flat-blade) and a bucket load of short circuits (Green and red).

I reckon you should give the mercury magnets ago! They slide in anywhere!

The guy who i got the mercury magnets from gave me a two numbers to ring if i need any support on how to use um properly.

Ring: "Mr Lyon" or "Mr G. Raf" on 9969-2777....... (the number is for Taronga Park Zoo). Lol

Ohh! I nearly forgot!! ... I have a box of x 12 (x 2 sets) spark plugs to suit a Hino - EH700 diesel and radiator cap for a 1966 Volkswagen beetle if you know of any one who needs um!

I bought some striped paint last week but when i come to use it, it was all checker?? I reckon the 10km drive on the corrugated road must of mixed it up?

I will probably be slow on your reply if your interested Coz I'm about to go out and pick up a long weight from one place and then and long stand from another place!!!!

I reckon those glass hammers are a rip off! Mine smashed on the first job???

Cheers
                                Last edited by SWR; 03-06-2013, 10:33 AM.

Comment

canli bahis siteleri bahis siteleri ecebet.net
                                mencisport.com
                                antalya escort
                                tsyd.org deneme bonusu veren siteler
                                deneme bonusu veren siteler
                                gaziantep escort
                                gaziantep escort
                                asyabahis maltcasino olabahis olabahis
                                erotik film izle Rus escort gaziantep rus escort
                                atasehir escort tuzla escort
                                sikis sex hatti
                                en iyi casino siteleri
                                casibom
                                betticket istanbulbahis
                                Working...
                                X