Air box holes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air box holes

I have noticed 3 small holes in the bottom of my airbox. Should i seal these up?

I have a 14 gxl with snorkel and have done heaps of water xings by but i am heading to the cape in 3 weeks and am thinking that the holes may defeat the purpose of a raised intake.
    thoughts?

I blocked my two off in the 120 due to deep water crossings
    Greg - 08 D4D Prado,
    Some trips done - Cape York, Fraser Island, Simpson Desert / Central Aust, Vic High Country.

Comment

If you have a snorkel should have been done on installation

Comment

Hi Snapper
        Well it was installed by ARB at Gosford. I noticed the holes a few years later., after my first Cape trip. Goes to show never trust your mechanics.
        Greg - 08 D4D Prado,
        Some trips done - Cape York, Fraser Island, Simpson Desert / Central Aust, Vic High Country.

Comment

Its a 50-50 argument,

Download the safari fitting instructions and have a read. You only block it off at your own risk hence why the fitting shop didnt do it.

Comment

I wonder what is the risk of blocking them up??? I think the small holes are there to allow you to see if the filter has been fitted without opening the air box.
            Greg - 08 D4D Prado,

Comment

Working...
            X