Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compression 3.0 Diesel, 2012ps y

Hi all,

During the injector change a compression test was done on my 3.0l diesel engine. I would like to double check the values with you guys.
    Here they are:
    No 1: 20 kg/cm2 or about 280 psi
    No 2: 18 kg/cm2 or about 260 psi
    No 3: 18 kg/cm2 or about 260 psi
    No 4: 20 kg/cm or about 290 psi

Are they ok? Alternatively I appreciate a hint where I can find the standard values. Could not find them in a google search. Thank you for your help.

Cheers
    Thomas

My PDF shows minimum compression pressure of 27.5kg/cm2 or 390psi.
    Difference between cylinders of 5.0kg/cm2 or 70 psi max.
    Lots of factors when doing a compression test, battery condition, engine warm or hot, throttle plate fully open etc.
    Why were you concerned, blowing smoke, down on power?

Comment

The readings sound a bit low however the variation is only just over 10% from highest to lowest which is acceptable.
      I suspect that the gauge used is not accurate, if it is starting easily and not blowing smoke I would not be to concerned.

Lee
      Last edited by Leethal; 21-11-2019, 09:55 AM.
      02 VX, Toyota Alloy Bar, IPF 900XS with 50 watt HID, 50 mm Lift- Lovell Shocks n Springs, Safari Snorkel, large Pioneer tray, Pioneer In-dash, Alpine roof mount DVD screen -handled the Simpson and Innaminka roads, now with a little TRD blower & Unichip

Comment

Thanks guys, I had a leaky injector and so heavy white smoke and a really ugly sound at one stage (before I turned the motor off immediately). Just want to find out if the motor is still good. Cheers guys

Comment

Working...
        X