Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 150 GXL No third row seats and Cargo Barrier

Hi,
    I am looking to update from my 20 year old 90 series to a 3-4 year old 150 series.

We don't need the third row seats. I understand that the GX usually came without the third row seats.

GX's are few and far between on carsales at the moment, and those that I have seen are ex government, have had a poor service history and show signs of not being particularly well cared for.

So it would seem that I most likely will end up with a GXL.

I have read the threads about removing the 3rd row of seats, and I am reasonably handy with tools so no big dramas to remove them etc. I understand about the rear trim no longer having a finished look when the back seats are out etc.

I don't intend to put drawers in, but will have a fridge. I normally pack with tubs and boxes as well.

To keep everything in place I intend to fit a cargo barrier.

So my question is, without the 3rd row seats, do you fit a cargo barrier for a GX (5 seater), or do you still have to have a cargo barrier for the GXL (7 Seater) ?

Thanks in advance,

Mal

i thought that there was an air bag issue with the 5 seater cargo barrier in a 7 seater car even though you wont have people in the third row the curtain air bags wont deploy as per design??

Comment

Thanks GEEEXL, good point, I hadn't thought of that.

So the question then becomes is there a cargo barrier that meets the requirements for the 7 air bags, and can be used when the 3rd row seats have been removed, or is it a custom job ?

Cheers,
      Mal

Comment

Originally posted by mal58 View Post
        So the question then becomes is there a cargo barrier that meets the requirements for the 7 air bags, and can be used when the 3rd row seats have been removed
        The answer is yes. I had RV Storage Solutions drawers and cargo barrier installed in my 2015 GXL with the 3rd row seats removed. The cargo barrier has a gap at the “shoulders” to allow the air bags to deploy properly. Wasn’t cheap.Click image for larger version

Name:	15A27CFF-7310-47A3-9699-61582754A974.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	656582
        Click image for larger version

Name:	A11EC98E-1AC5-4F63-B753-99C82F2947B4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	656583

Comment

Thanks Faulco. Worth a look.

Cheers,