Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upgraded tyres from Dunlop AT22 to Hankook dynapro RF10 ATM

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Upgraded tyres from Dunlop AT22 to Hankook dynapro RF10 ATM

    I have just changed tyres after 70000km on my 2013 VX Prado and these are great. Much cheaper than the KO2 and not as aggressive thou still capable. Has any others chosen this tyre?

  • #2
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20180627_171913_resized.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	738476

    Yep I did the same a couple of weeks ago. Went from stock tyres to 285/70/17's in the RF10 all terrains.
    Happy with them so far (only been doing highway driving). Not too much road noise and all the feedback I heard about them before buying was positive.
    <Rob> '12 Prado GX - https://www.pradopoint.com.au/forum/general/my-rig-build-up/32702-i-m-back-with-a-2012-150-gx-toorak-tractor

    Comment


    • #3
      Just clicked over 60,000 kms on them and still looks around half tread left.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by xlr8_87 View Post
        Click image for larger version

Name:	20180627_171913_resized.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	738476

        Yep I did the same a couple of weeks ago. Went from stock tyres to 285/70/17's in the RF10 all terrains.
        Happy with them so far (only been doing highway driving). Not too much road noise and all the feedback I heard about them before buying was positive.
        That would really mess with the gearing. Just beware that it is probably illegal under ADRs if you get pulled over, or if you have a crash it will void your insurance.
        [B]Steve[/B]

        2010 Silver GXL Prado 150, D4D Auto, with a few non standard bits

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by krypto View Post

          That would really mess with the gearing. Just beware that it is probably illegal under ADRs if you get pulled over, or if you have a crash it will void your insurance.
          It's only a 2" diameter change from standard. It's absolutely fine and heaps of people run that size tyre on 150's. Entirely depends what state you're in as to whether it's legal or not. In VIC the only guideline is that the combined suspension and tyre lift is no more than 75mm. So a 2" lift gives you 50mm of height lift. A 2" larger diameter tyre gives you 25mm of lift meaning 75mm overall.

          Gearing change is negligible, I haven't noticed it since changing. Might be an extra 100-200rpm @ 100kmh.

          Speedo is now bang on correct, whereas it used to be 105kmh on the speedo meant I was doing 100kmh
          <Rob> '12 Prado GX - https://www.pradopoint.com.au/forum/general/my-rig-build-up/32702-i-m-back-with-a-2012-150-gx-toorak-tractor

          Comment


          • #6
            I would hav3 thought that at a fixed speed a larger diametre tyre your reduce the engine rpm given the tyres bigger circumference?

            I noticed my speedo was more accurAte with a larger diametre tyre although th3 downside was th3 vehicle lost some torque

            Comment


            • #7
              Wow, that is quite a large difference in tyre size. can I ask a few questions, as I am looking at this myself, but not so large. live in SA so rules are different - calculations below

              How does it drive?
              Any touching of body during articulation and turning-
              front?
              rear?
              Gearing and low range -
              noticeable difference?
              What rims are you running-
              Width?
              offset?

              thanks in advance


              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by BlokeInOz View Post
                Wow, that is quite a large difference in tyre size. can I ask a few questions, as I am looking at this myself, but not so large. live in SA so rules are different - calculations below

                How does it drive?
                Any touching of body during articulation and turning-
                front?
                rear?
                Gearing and low range -
                noticeable difference?
                What rims are you running-
                Width?
                offset?

                thanks in advance

                6.7% increase in circumference isn't a huge difference. It's a common tyre to run on the 150. Jump on the Aussie 4WD Prado 150 Facebook page and HEAPS of people are running them.
                Only scrubbing at the moment is the fronts on the mudguards - minor scrubbing when at full lock - which I'll be able to fix quite easily.
                Gearing haven't noticed any real difference - haven't run them in low range yet
                17x8 rims on a 0 offset

                Fuel increase is minimal - everyone forgets to correct their calculations for the increase in travel per rotation so they think they're using a fair bit more fuel, when in reality they're not. I.e. whatever your odometer says you've actually travelled 6.7% further.
                <Rob> '12 Prado GX - https://www.pradopoint.com.au/forum/general/my-rig-build-up/32702-i-m-back-with-a-2012-150-gx-toorak-tractor

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by xlr8_87 View Post

                  6.7% increase in circumference isn't a huge difference. It's a common tyre to run on the 150. Jump on the Aussie 4WD Prado 150 Facebook page and HEAPS of people are running them.
                  Only scrubbing at the moment is the fronts on the mudguards - minor scrubbing when at full lock - which I'll be able to fix quite easily.
                  Gearing haven't noticed any real difference - haven't run them in low range yet
                  17x8 rims on a 0 offset

                  Fuel increase is minimal - everyone forgets to correct their calculations for the increase in travel per rotation so they think they're using a fair bit more fuel, when in reality they're not. I.e. whatever your odometer says you've actually travelled 6.7% further.
                  Thanks for the info and pointer to the FB page. don't do much general FB stuff - but do like looking at stuff that posted in groups.
                  Cheers

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I've had the Hankook Dynapro all terrains for three and a half years now. Very capable tyre on and off road. Also fantastic in the wet. You'll love them

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Cheers - I'll have to have a look at some in the flesh.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        one month in and i am in love. quiet. good economy and awaiting some ruts!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by agsryd View Post
                          one month in and i am in love. quiet. good economy and awaiting some ruts!
                          Hi agsryd, did you get the P rating or LT, and for interest sake what size. My vehicle came with Scorpion AT's that are still quite good so will be next year when I replace. Will be interesting to get some more feedback once you hit the trails and anything else you do.

                          Cheers

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Piggy View Post
                            Just clicked over 60,000 kms on them and still looks around half tread left.
                            Just measured it up. Original tread depth 12.3 mm. after 60k kms 8.2 mm left So just on 1/3 worn. .. Be interesting to see how the rest of it lasts.. If it keeps going as is, it should see around 150 k kms! (Anything close to 100k km I'll be happy.).. I rotate every 5,000..

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              50,000kms on my rf10 265/65/17 still lots of life left to go great tyre offroad and on
                              can never understand why people spend over $300 on a tyre these are great value

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X