Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mansfield to Talbotville - Which option do you want to take?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just depends how much time we have in Bright, will be a huge day after hitting the tracks on that route all the scenic stops etc & still have to get the rest of the way to a talbotville. So either is good, but perhaps check with your trip leaders on Wednesday what the time line is for Thursday transit.

James,

Thankx for updating post 1#

Quite a few non replies too......
    Anth120playdo
    Banned
    Last edited by Anth120playdo; 25-03-2014, 08:30 PM.

Comment

With option 2, and for that matter the deleted option 3, you only have a route to Bright. What's the plan from Bright to Talbotville?

Cheers Andrew
      [COLOR="#FF0000"]So Long and Thanks for all the Fish![/COLOR]

[url=http://www.4wdadventurers.com/showthread.php?3840-AJ-s-120-Prado]MY PRADO AND DIY CAMPER TRAILER[/url]

[url=http://www.4wdadventurers.com/showthread.php?3975-AJ-s-79-series-Cruiser-Ute]MY HZJ79 Landcrusier[/url]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by AJ120 View Post
        With option 2, and for that matter the deleted option 3, you only have a route to Bright. What's the plan from Bright to Talbotville?

Cheers Andrew
        For that matter option 1 as well! From there it's the black top towards mt hotham, turn right onto Dargo high plains rd, head south on dirt road (approximately 1hr of dirt) to turn right at grant junction, them follow mc millans rd 16klms str8 into Talbotville.

Comment

Originally posted by Anth120playdo View Post
          For that matter option 1 as well! From there it's the black top towards mt hotham, turn right onto Dargo high plains rd, head south on dirt road (approximately 1hr of dirt) to turn right at grant junction, them follow mc millans rd 16klms str8 into Talbotville.
          So there is no full off road moderately adventurous option for those with a trailer then? Unlike those not towing who have the option of a 2 day back country adventure.

Cheers Andrew

[url=http://www.4wdadventurers.com/showthread.php?3840-AJ-s-120-Prado]MY PRADO AND DIY CAMPER TRAILER[/url]

[url=http://www.4wdadventurers.com/showthread.php?3975-AJ-s-79-series-Cruiser-Ute]MY HZJ79 Landcrusier[/url]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

So there is no full off road moderately adventurous option for those with a trailer then? Unlike those not towing who have the option of a 2 day back country adventure.

Cheers Andrew
            James came up with what I thought may be adventurous, that's option 2, that will shake up your trailer!
            As you would know Andrew, the problem with these routes is if it rains it might cause more problems than one would want.
            Also we are generally catering for standard prados so you & the few others with front & rear Lockers won't really have much of a challenge if that's what you are after. Standard prados can drive around in the high country.
            I can tell you I'm the opposite 4tonnes+ when loaded up, with the 1kz standard & manual it's quite easy to find a challenge.

All this being said I think everyone will enjoy the drive they choose.

Comment

To be honest I really hadn't taken much notice of the Itinerary and just assumed you guys would sort it out nicely. However yesterday it was pointed out to me exactly what the trailer option involves and after reading it and consulting a map I think you are looking at a possible mutiny from this side of the border.

Hers the crux, after visiting Craigs hut those without trailers leave on a 2 day adventure through the back woods to get to Talbotville while those with trailers go back to a caravan park! then the following morning it looks like we have a good morning before hitting the bitumen and spending half the day on it or A grade dirt tracks. Now I don't need to be towing my trailer up the side of cliffs and I understand weather may change things and that the conservation mounds can be an issue and so on.

However, with my limited knowledge of the high country and a cursory look at a map might I suggest an option 5 that looks more like this. After visiting Craigs hut the fifth option will basically head out the route that option 2 will take, just a matter of selecting the appropriate way to get the King Basin track. I am not too sure on timing but it seems there are plenty of camping opportunities along that route at Lake Cobble Hut or at least 4 campgrounds along Abbeyard Rd. When we get to Dandongable rather than head onto the A grade dirt tracks and the Bitumen we turn right across the Goldie Spur Track and onto the Buckland
              Valley Rd, where there are also good camp spots should we make it that far the first day. From there we head south through the Buckland valley and we could take twin Jeeps track across to the Dargo High plains road and in via the route as from option 2 or bypass the turn off to Grant if we have heaps of time and avoid that very looooooooong slow drive down into Talbotville and head around via Crooked River and into Talbotville that way.

Nothing overly extreme in that, but it keeps us out of the caravan park and in the bush, also keeps us off the bitumen and out of the shopping centres and also gives those towing the option of a 2 day "adventure" to get to Talbotville.

Cheers Andrew

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

To be honest I really hadn't taken much notice of the Itinerary and just assumed you guys would sort it out nicely. However yesterday it was pointed out to me exactly what the trailer option involves and after reading it and consulting a map I think you are looking at a possible mutiny from this side of the border.

Hers the crux, after visiting Craigs hut those without trailers leave on a 2 day adventure through the back woods to get to Talbotville while those with trailers go back to a caravan park! then the following morning it looks like we have a good morning before hitting the bitumen and spending half the day on it or A grade dirt tracks. Now I don't need to be towing my trailer up the side of cliffs and I understand weather may change things and that the conservation mounds can be an issue and so on.

However, with my limited knowledge of the high country and a cursory look at a map might I suggest an option 5 that looks more like this. After visiting Craigs hut the fifth option will basically head out the route that option 2 will take, just a matter of selecting the appropriate way to get the King Basin track. I am not too sure on timing but it seems there are plenty of camping opportunities along that route at Lake Cobble Hut or at least 4 campgrounds along Abbeyard Rd. When we get to Dandongable rather than head onto the A grade dirt tracks and the Bitumen we turn right across the Goldie Spur Track and onto the Buckland
                Valley Rd, where there are also good camp spots should we make it that far the first day. From there we head south through the Buckland valley and we could take twin Jeeps track across to the Dargo High plains road and in via the route as from option 2 or bypass the turn off to Grant if we have heaps of time and avoid that very looooooooong slow drive down into Talbotville and head around via Crooked River and into Talbotville that way.

Nothing overly extreme in that, but it keeps us out of the caravan park and in the bush, also keeps us off the bitumen and out of the shopping centres and also gives those towing the option of a 2 day "adventure" to get to Talbotville.

Cheers Andrew
                Given option 3 is off the table, I concur with AJ that I am not interested in taking two weeks off to drive on bitumen and not get a few battle scars from a trip I will remember. I know I am not the norm and I do not want to upset anyone, but option 5 has a seconder and the missus who must be obeyed was suggesting the hardest option if no alternative was available. She refuses to potter along and be on the bitumen any more than absolutely necessary.

MLC with thumb print on forehead, well worn bash plates and a sense of adventure.

Edit. As a guide to Barajack, I have no real issue towing my trailer around the whole of Bendleby including Billy Goats. I know that is probably not everyone's standard of comfort.
                [B][COLOR=blue]Bitumen: A blatant waste of taxpayers money![/COLOR][/B]
                [URL="http://www.pradopoint.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=12197&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=d"]My rig buildup[/URL] [URL="http://www.pradopoint.com/album.php?albumid=141"]Mundaring Power Lines Jan 01[/URL] [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuQmi3Tgoe0&feature=feedu=d"]You Tube Video Morgan Quarry[/URL]

Comment

Option 5 . Is that the willing to have a go group lol.
                  I have been down into Buckland Valley with a trailer and down into Talbotville from there on that Goldie spur track .

Anders

Comment

I could say this is the mexican gtg & if you don't like it stiff sh!t, but I will put that away.

Perhaps those concerned should have looked into the route earlier? You know assumption is the mother of all f ups?
                    Well this time you are right, the committee did sort it out nicely! More to the point Barajak, he was thinking of you guys (as I am when planning things) when he added this route in. Myself and other committee members are very disappointed the sort of stuff is being posted.

All the routes are good, & you will not spend much time on the black top (1hr?) & the parts that you do are all nice country.
                    I would not say that you are missing out on much at all going on route2 I think if I was a visitor not been in to area before that would be a good choice.
                    Yes that group returns to the caravan park, this could have been different, but so could the whole gtg! So many options & opinions, we cannot have them all.

The possible route you are suggesting would be fantastic, just like other driving up there, there's plenty of options & not enough time.
                    But you have to also understand some people like the bush & some like the caravan parks for their facilities. We are having a week in the bush, so that's the compromise, one more night in the bush should not decide if it was a good trip or not.

If you want to start another gtg to stay out of a caravan park an extra night, nobody will stop you but many will be disappointed if this is what happens.

Mlc, I don't think you will get much in the way more or less battles scars if your spending a few hrs in the afternoon of 1 day not in the "bush".
                    Ppl were upset this morning so it's too late for that, the Good news is we don't hold onto it. Sometimes ppl get upset too easily :-) I guess you guys had interstaters complaining & trying to change things less than 2 weeks out?
                    I'd would have suggested talking to Barajak, but then if that route was to change then the other half on his trip might get the sh!ts?
                    This us a good start to ruining a great gtg, changing things at the last minute, then what? Maybe you have better ideas for Talbotville? Or there's better places to be?
                    Anth120playdo
                    Banned
                    Last edited by Anth120playdo; 09-04-2014, 09:23 PM.

Comment

####
                      first and foremost, I apologise. You are 100% right. There is absolutely no doubt you guys have devoted a lot of time and effort. I know that as does AJ (AJ and Trish probably more than the rest of the 2012 committee know the massive effort involved). Again, I and I know AJ did not mean to rub any committee member the wrong way, be disrespectful, or insult anyone. To the extent I have I unreservedly apologise as publicly as I can.

while have no defence, I interpreted the trailer options as uneventful as as someone who uses his annual leave to attend and after 12 months of a very hard year, I am craving some great 4wding. The hi country is on my bucket list so I had some expectations. I should have dealt with it differently, I should have looked much earlier at what was on offer, I did chose the second hardest offer as I understood but that is off the table and I was not notified? I found out after Lea who forgoes any income o come pointed out a route was cancelled.

in any event, I should have raised it privately so I get the bollocking I deserve and go easy on AJ, Lea got him worked up, but then again as a result of the track description only.
                      please feel free to take it out on my White Prado with a complete wrap around rear bar..

Finally I must restate it, I appreciate the efforts and should never have had a silly suspicion that trailers were put into a too hard basket.

probably I lot more should say but you get the picture.

regards

mlc

Well, this post makes a whole lot of sense. I will leave it for prosperity, it still reflects my opinions.
                      MidLifeCrisis
                      Out of control poster!
                      Last edited by MidLifeCrisis; 27-03-2014, 09:01 PM. Reason: Knuck fows
                      [URL="http://www.pradopoint.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=12197&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=d"]My rig buildup[/URL] [URL="http://www.pradopoint.com/album.php?albumid=141"]Mundaring Power Lines Jan 01[/URL] [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuQmi3Tgoe0&feature=feedu=d"]You Tube Video Morgan Quarry[/URL]

Comment

The passion .
                        MLC , AJ
                        I would stay in Mansfeild the second night and do the loop.
                        I am leading the longest loop drive, and if we leave early enough and don't muck around I could make it longer and see another hut and longer in the drive.

Then on the transit day do the trailer route to Bright that James has organized then before Porpunkah turn off .I have taken my trailer down the Buckland Valley to Talbotville .

Just throwing it out there guys, takes you away from the more formed route after the first part on the transit day .
                        Weather permitting lol.

Or it's our bloody GTG you follow us . Lmfao

Comment

Sums me up
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by MidLifeCrisis View Post
                            Sums me up
                            I like that .

Comment

I am looking forward to a good time. Simple as that, and I'm sure we'll have one. Yes, the least amount of black stuff if possible, and if we're making good time, maybe the trailer group leader knows a better way. I just want the GTG to hurry up already!!!
                              Diesel Prado with various things...

Comment

Originally posted by MidLifeCrisis View Post
                                ####
                                first and foremost, I apologise. You are 100% right. There is absolutely no doubt you guys have devoted a lot of time and effort. I know that as does AJ (AJ and Trish probably more than the rest of the 2012 committee know the massive effort involved). Again, I and I know AJ did not mean to rub any committee member the wrong way, be disrespectful, or insult anyone. To the extent I have I unreservedly apologise as publicly as I can.

while have no defence, I interpreted the trailer options as uneventful as as someone who uses his annual leave to attend and after 12 months of a very hard year, I am craving some great 4wding. The hi country is on my bucket list so I had some expectations. I should have dealt with it differently, I should have looked much earlier at what was on offer, I did chose the second hardest offer as I understood but that is off the table and I was not notified? I found out after Lea who forgoes any income o come pointed out a route was cancelled.

in any event, I should have raised it privately so I get the bollocking I deserve and go easy on AJ, Lea got him worked up, but then again as a result of the track description only.
                                please feel free to take it out on my White Prado with a complete wrap around rear bar..

Finally I must restate it, I appreciate the efforts and should never have had a silly suspicion that trailers were put into a too hard basket.

probably I lot more should say but you get the picture.

regards

mlc
                                I wrote a whole big thing & lost it, short version.....
                                Apology accepted! No need to make a big thing about it, all good. Very impressive write up dude!

I understand your concern, you don't want to waste your leave on an uneventful trip.
                                Come along with a positive attitude & you will enjoy yourself!
                                If you can find someone that has been on a trip with me & not had a good time let me know, not that I organised all of this, but if it was not up to scratch I would not have been a part of it. All you need to do is get the people together & add some great tracks, & a campfire & it's a virtual guarantee of a good time! I believe the correct areas & tracks have been chosen & confident with that.

Originally posted by iantz View Post
                                I am looking forward to a good time. Simple as that, and I'm sure we'll have one. Yes, the least amount of black stuff if possible, and if we're making good time, maybe the trailer group leader knows a better way. I just want the GTG to hurry up already!!!
                                That's the way to be, your sure well have a good time!

I think if the trip leaders would like vary things a little & the whole group easily agrees, that might be ok.
                                One example of a problem with changes:
                                We need to think of others, like Matt at the caravan pk, who is expecting numbers & if 10 that were booked didn't stay second night the balance of who stay the second night are the ones that have to deal with it. Some might say who cares, but its school holidays then & it's his $$$.......
                                I suppose we can talk about the on Tuesday, but I'm not a fan of change at late notice unless its really necessary.
                                Anth120playdo
                                Banned
                                Last edited by Anth120playdo; 09-04-2014, 09:31 PM.

Comment

canli bahis siteleri bahis siteleri ecebet.net
                                mencisport.com
                                antalya escort
                                tsyd.org deneme bonusu veren siteler
                                deneme bonusu veren siteler
                                gaziantep escort
                                gaziantep escort
                                asyabahis maltcasino olabahis olabahis
                                erotik film izle Rus escort gaziantep rus escort
                                atasehir escort tuzla escort
                                sikis sex hatti
                                en iyi casino siteleri
                                casibom
                                betticket istanbulbahis
                                Working...
                                X