Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 Prado VX - Engel Installation

Hi..

Im looking to purchase a VX Prado and would like to have a 32L Engel installed over one of the rear seats (Third row). Has anyone done this without installing drawers? I want to be able to remove the Engel and use the third row of seats when needed. Any thoughts, Ideas or photos?

Thanks in advance

Good choice on the 32L fridge, I have a 40L and the lid won't open fully as it hits on the roof when it sits on top of the 3rd row seats. All I have done is strap it in with a ratchet strap using the rear factory tie down and the grab handle by the second row seats/door. If we do a trip I put drawers in but mostly we use the extra seats every 2 or 3 weeks.
    I have wired an Engel plug into the wheel arch (sits neatly behind the seatbelt). You know you can unscrew the cig plug end and you have a 2 pin screw in Engel plug?

Cheers, Nova

Comment

I have the 38L plastic engle in which the lid hinges from the side instead of the back- Lid opens fully and it sits on top of the back seats really nicely- I too have just strapped it down to the tie down points and run it off a plug wired into the wheel arch.

Comment

Working...
      X