Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying a 2nd hand 120/150 series

Hi everyone,

My Nissan Patrol GU 4.2td ex Telstra 'ready for a 12 month outback adventure' car was stolen and I am currently looking for a Prado to replace her. I decided on a Prado because they are reliable and it will be too expensive to build up another GU. Important to note is that I intend to buy this car, use it for a big lap and sell it afterwards.

I set a budget of 25K including all servicing and upgrades (suspension, drawers, dual battery, etc.) and consequently looking for a car of around 17-20K. Bit tossing up between the 120 and 150 series. I did find a couple 150 series 3 litres (no 2.8 litres) for under 22K and like how much less the fuel consumption is compared to 1KZ engines, but will miss the simplicity of fixing issues as I had with the 4.2td which would run or dirty fuel without worries.

This forum has been great, and I have gained a better understanding of the potential issues with manual vs auto and the differences between the engines. However, after days of research I don't feel any closer to the right decision haha

So I would like to ask everyone to share their thoughts on how they decided on their car and any other comments they think are worth sharing.

Thanks!

What did you end up buying?

Comment

Working...
    X