Our STUPID laws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RareSense View Post
    Cheers Davy, I'm often caught sneaking in with the humans! Lol lol no mate very much like you, bleed red, sh1t brown and love Prados!

Well, if you had a good attitude then I stand corrected and it's good to hear. I'm sure if I pulled you up we certainly wouldn't be having this dialogue it's one of the random natures of life we all arrive at different points, beliefs, opinions through our own experiences.

I apologise I thought they rang you on the night 4 hours later. Yes, I concede poor form if they never got back to you at all. In a quite area in NSW you would have received a visit. I wrote before in Bankstown there were times you were just was struggling for air as you were drowning in jobs, admittedly, I know at Bankstown we were guilty of that same thing that happened to you through no fault of the police. Serious some nights were incredible, with fights in the police foyer etc but we just didn't have the man power, resources nor time and it really burnt you out quick there.

Thanks for reading those long replies, I only intended on giving you boys a good insight into police through my experiences as they are sadly so misunderstood, it was done so you could digest the information and reevaluate and come to your own conclusions that all isn't what it seems especially from offenders and media. I ultimately believe we are responsible and accountable for our own actions or in-actions (sorry to pull the whip out and flog that dead horse but I believe it one of societies main problems).

I can fully appreciate your perspective Davy considering your experience and we can agree to disagree on police. I still think they are great people, but l also lived eat and breathed it for 14 years.

Disappointing about your neighbour, you did the right thing bringing it to her attention, maybe she is embarrassed or as you say in denial - regardless it's pretty poor form on her behalf.

Officer?....... Is it military?..... If so she should have better manners especially if you are part of the same organisation. If military, I worked with a lot with you guys both navy and army.
    Prison mate (7years and in my last one)
    Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

Comment

Originally posted by RareSense View Post
      I'd love to be paid $250+ to waste my precious time tweeting instead of focusing on administrating a better Police force for the State of Queensland. He has a whole unit to dedicated to deal with public relations and media (police PR & media unit), maybe he should step down into that unit if he wants to "play" on social media. I'd be really disappointed if I lived in QLD and my Police Commissioner was getting the big bucks tweeting over such a trivial matters.
      Actually the previous Commissioner had exactly the same media unit who starting using Facebook to provide instant updates during all the flood incidents that occurred 2010/2011 rather than just daily web site updates, which QPS was praised for.

Commissioner Stewart has extended this a little by using Twitter and also does video updates as a way to communicate rather than press releases - maybe appealing to a younger generation?

Comment

EGO. It gets all of us into trouble at times. Whether you're the P Plater in the souped up rice-burner or the crusty old highway patrol copper. The art is to learn how to let your ego disappear and focus on the behaviour. Being professional, respecting everyone, showing empathy and listening instead of waiting to interrupt. There's nothing wrong with a healthy ego, it's just keeping it in check that is important. I always try to be fair and treat people how I would expect to be treated in similar circumstances. The problem is when you meet people who are drunk, drugged, emotionally or mentally disturbed. They become unreasonable people and we have to do the thinking for them. And occasionally they don't like that!
        Bushbasher
        Out of control poster!
        Last edited by Bushbasher; 26-12-2014, 07:14 PM.
        Dave
        Views expressed are mine alone and are not intended to compromise the integrity of my employer nor offend those who may read such views.
        Bugger Bali, get out and see Australia before we sell it all to China.

Comment

Using social media is the "in" thing. Police use it to promote public awareness, communicate with the community and gauge public perception. They also use it to identify problematic parties and other gatherings that may become anti-social hot spots. And, occasionally, to see what silly people have posted video of themselves doing burnouts or riding motorcycles at ridiculous speeds. Facebook and Twitter is the biggest connection with the youth of today. They even encourage people to sign up and contribute intel to crime-stoppers. For those of us (dinosaurs) that don't subscribe to Facebook, well, you can always try and use the phone.
          Dave
          Views expressed are mine alone and are not intended to compromise the integrity of my employer nor offend those who may read such views.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbasher View Post
            EGO. It gets all of us into trouble at times. Whether you're the P Plater in the souped up rice-burner or the crusty old highway patrol copper. The art is to learn how to let your ego disappear and focus on the behaviour. Being professional, respecting everyone, showing empathy and listening instead of waiting to interrupt. Coppers have big egos, why do you think people are attracted to the uniform with the gun and the badge and the multi-coloured interceptor? There's nothing wrong with a healthy ego, it's just keeping it in check that is important. I always try to be fair and treat people how I would expect to be treated in similar circumstances. The problem is when you meet people who are drunk, drugged, emotionally or mentally disturbed. They become unreasonable people and we have to do the thinking for them. And occasionally they don't like that!
            And I think thats why I've never been assaulted (yet) because my greatest weapon is my mouth, no matter what you think of them if you treat them with a degree of respect you'll generally get it back, go in with an attitude and that give's them all the excuses the need to retaliate, but your dead right Dave respect wont work if their of their face mate................

Comment

Originally posted by davy View Post
              Prison mate (7years and in my last one)
              Cheers Davy, we'd catch them, you'd skin them! You in maximum? Got a few good friends in corrective service in NSW from my policing days. When in tactical we did 4 man cell entries and practiced with the corrective services guys.

Comment

EGO. It gets all of us into trouble at times. Whether you're the P Plater in the souped up rice-burner or the crusty old highway patrol copper. The art is to learn how to let your ego disappear and focus on the behaviour. Being professional, respecting everyone, showing empathy and listening instead of waiting to interrupt. Coppers have big egos, why do you think people are attracted to the uniform with the gun and the badge and the multi-coloured interceptor? There's nothing wrong with a healthy ego, it's just keeping it in check that is important. I always try to be fair and treat people how I would expect to be treated in similar circumstances. The problem is when you meet people who are drunk, drugged, emotionally or mentally disturbed. They become unreasonable people and we have to do the thinking for them. And occasionally they don't like that!
                Fair call BUSHBASHER, excepting I would like to think that "old" HWP guy was professional and had his sh1t and ego together unlike a "p" plater whose testosterone is redlining driving his Ego of indestructibility and stupidity.

Fully concur regarding approach and communication, to me along with fairness, discretion, common sense and never assume anything where cornerstones to good policing.

Unfortunately, random instances were you back up into violent situations like fights, brawls, riots where you don't get a chance to talk, or really desperate offenders that have nothing to loose as they know they're gone if you get them makes things interesting hehehehe

I don't necessarily agree it is an ego thing for all, I'm sure it's the case for some. For me personally I went into the police force for many reasons, influence of growing up in a police family - living in a police station also living in the lock up keepers house, seeing dad bring baddies home and that whole belief of doing right and be able to contribute to making society a better place etc. HWP I went into simply because when I was in training late 80's I did training, with General Duties. Detectives and HWP. HWP were the most professional and motivated by a long shot, they also got extra pay, better equipment, RTA funded overtime and in truth was exciting stuff as you went to all the good jobs across a hugh area servicing and backing up 5 or more stations, you were always called on to help never a dull moment (adrenalin junkie lol) and when you had time you did traffic. I'm not one to sit still as I like to work so HWP suited me fine plus I was a people person.
                RareSense
                Last edited by RareSense; 12-01-2014, 03:30 AM. Reason: Gramma

Comment

Originally posted by JoshF View Post
                  Actually the previous Commissioner had exactly the same media unit who starting using Facebook to provide instant updates during all the flood incidents that occurred 2010/2011 rather than just daily web site updates, which QPS was praised for.

Commissioner Stewart has extended this a little by using Twitter and also does video updates as a way to communicate rather than press releases - maybe appealing to a younger generation?
                  Hmmm, Unfortunately I still see problems with current generation social media like "Facebook" and twitter etc the current Internet is fragmented and limited. Know plenty that aren't on either twitter and Facebook that are youths plenty of literature out there on the shortcomings of Facebook.

I'm currently involved in a new patented system that we are currently raising capital for that is a social ecosystem that connects govt, business, corporate, community and individuals on a level playing field and overcomes existing issues of connecting in a relevant and meaningful way. Govt has some major legal hurdles using Facebook for data storage of citizens.

Comment

Using social media is the "in" thing. Police use it to promote public awareness, communicate with the community and gauge public perception. They also use it to identify problematic parties and other gatherings that may become anti-social hot spots. And, occasionally, to see what silly people have posted video of themselves doing burnouts or riding motorcycles at ridiculous speeds. Facebook and Twitter is the biggest connection with the youth of today. They even encourage people to sign up and contribute intel to crime-stoppers. For those of us (dinosaurs) that don't subscribe to Facebook, well, you can always try and use the phone.
                    Can see all the benefits you mentioned makes sense, but I think there is a misplaced trust in current generation social media as it is limited in reach, siloed not inclusive and the problem still remains how do you connect to ALL in a meaningful and relevant way within specific geographic region, where you lower cost to acquire client to.Monetization or in police circumstances communication across all devices to all citizens within a multidimensional way that actually connects alls.
                    RareSense
                    Last edited by RareSense; 12-01-2014, 03:02 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by davy View Post
                      And I think thats why I've never been assaulted (yet) because my greatest weapon is my mouth, no matter what you think of them if you treat them with a degree of respect you'll generally get it back, go in with an attitude and that give's them all the excuses the need to retaliate, but your dead right Dave respect wont work if their of their face mate................
                      Totally agree, all comes down to common sense and being fair

Comment

• They're harping on in the media about the senseless violence fuelled by alcohol and the "coward punch." It's more than alcohol though, the violence we see on an ever increasing scale is the result of drugs. People are getting stoned and popping all sorts of home made concoctions and then hitting the pubs and night-spots. You only have to listen to the pathetic excuses put forward when these low-lifes eventually get before the court and offer a plethora of bad childhoods, beatings, sex abuse and drug taking.
                        Bushbasher
                        Out of control poster!
                        Last edited by Bushbasher; 26-12-2014, 07:16 PM.
                        Dave

Comment

• Originally posted by Bushbasher View Post
                          They're harping on in the media about the senseless violence fuelled by alcohol and the "coward punch." It's more than alcohol though, the violence we see on an ever increasing scale is the result of drugs. People are getting stoned and popping all sorts of home made concoctions and then hitting the pubs and night-spots. You only have to listen to the pathetic excuses put forward when these low-lifes eventually get before the court and offer a plethora of bad childhoods, beatings, sex abuse and drug taking. And, unbelievably, the magistrates listen to this drivel and the result is reduced sentences. We see it over here a lot where the scumbags walk away from court with suspended sentences and supervision orders. The thing is, nobody actually supervises these people to a level where they are deterred from re-offending. It's a joke.
                          Dave the biggest problem offenders face is the fact that no matter what we do to rehabilitate them ie teach them a trade (I'm an ex brickie so i teach them all about construction) when they get out they go straight back to the environment and people who put them thier in the first place , imagine it he's just got out of a long stretch he's now a competent builder and his mate's go come on we're going on the rob whats he going to say ? sorry i'm now rehabilitated !!! at the risk of sounding racist (i'm not and not singling out any ethnic's) a classic was one day an instructor heard 3 aboriginal's bragging about breaking into cars and stealing all they could carry he said to them "thats a shameful thing to do how would you like it if someone broke into YOUR car and done that"" and they all turned and said in one voice, "we dont have a car !!!" it's then you start to understand that enormity of the problem, they have NOTHING so they simply dont care because they have nothing to lose, I dont know where you start to try and rearrange that line of thinking but I do know education is a great place to start it's sad the best education they get is in prison,
                          Rare sense the more I read your posts the more i truly believe you should be our commissioner mate your attitude is exactly what we need here in WA they should all have a read and LEARN from you, anyway as for my category prison lets just say I deal with the very bottom of the barrel aye ?
                          Danda
                          Last edited by Danda; 12-01-2014, 04:02 PM.

Comment

• There's an element in society who behave worse than wild animals. I'm talking about the type that sodomise, bash and rob the elderly, the young, the vulnerable. They don't care if it's male or female, 9 months or 90 years old. When caught, they will claim that they were abused as youths and this is supposed to make it somewhat less serious.
                            Bushbasher
                            Out of control poster!
                            Last edited by Bushbasher; 26-12-2014, 07:17 PM.
                            Dave

Comment

• Originally posted by RareSense View Post
                              Hmmm, Unfortunately I still see problems with current generation social media like "Facebook" and twitter etc the current Internet is fragmented and limited. Know plenty that aren't on either twitter and Facebook that are youths plenty of literature out there on the shortcomings of Facebook.

I'm currently involved in a new patented system that we are currently raising capital for that is a social ecosystem that connects govt, business, corporate, community and individuals on a level playing field and overcomes existing issues of connecting in a relevant and meaningful way. Govt has some major legal hurdles using Facebook for data storage of citizens.
                              Looks fairly consolidated to me

http://www.qldalert.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by Bushbasher View Post
                                There's an element in society who behave worse than wild animals. I'm talking about the type that sodomise, bash and rob the elderly, the young, the vulnerable. They don't care if it's male or female, 9 months or 90 years old. When caught, they will claim that they were abused as youths and this is supposed to make it somewhat less serious. There's a solution to this lot. It's not rehabilitation and it's not employment. It's final. There's some good new though. Fertility rates in this element are at an all time low and getting lower. All to do with the STDs, diabetes and poor diet.
                                Your right Dave we all have our opinions unfortunately I have to keep mine to myself but there is an "element" that cant be fixed and they should never be released but the powers that be deem their fit to go and we have no say in the matter, interesting those in the power have never worked in a prison but they have excellent degree's and I'm sure they mean well, but then so did Hitler lol seriously all they have to do is talk to the grass roots (US) and they'll learn more in 5 min's than all the books on the planet, wont happen though their all in glass cases cushioned from the reality and if you dare say anything your a whistle blower or worse, no you cant run ANY kind of business unless you know it from the inside out and the fact is they rely on Management who are all yes men so nothing changes because their all too scared to say no that wont work you need to do otherwise ..............

Comment

canli bahis siteleri bahis siteleri ecebet.net
                                mencisport.com
                                antalya escort
                                tsyd.org deneme bonusu veren siteler
                                deneme bonusu veren siteler
                                gaziantep escort
                                gaziantep escort
                                asyabahis maltcasino olabahis olabahis
                                erotik film izle Rus escort gaziantep rus escort
                                atasehir escort tuzla escort
                                sikis sex hatti
                                en iyi casino siteleri
                                casibom
                                betticket istanbulbahis
                                Working...
                                X