X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vehicle Registration Labels in WA

Just a little something I have just found out here at work :shock:

www.wa.transport.gov.au.
    Registration stickers/discs will no longer be issued in WA for light motor vehicles

I wanted to drop you a small line to update you on some minor changes in the registration process that came into effect on 1st January. In an innovative approach to vehicle registration efficiency, the WA Government will no longer issue registration stickers and discs for light vehicles. Amendments to the governing legislation (Road Traffic Act 1974) have been completed and are effective on 1 January 2010.

This initiative has been made possible through advances in technology, which facilitate roadside registration checks being carried out by advanced wireless equipment and number plate recognition software The WA Police have Automatic Numberplate Recognition Cameras in addition to the new TADIS computer system in their police vehicles and hand-held units. This system enables the instantaneous retrieval of the current vehicle licence information.

What does this mean to you?
    This change simply means that vehicle owners and custodians will no longer receive a registration sticker from the Department of Transport upon registration or re-registration of their vehicle.

There is no other change to the light vehicle registration process.

Frequently Asked Questions:
    Why haven’t I been issued a registration sticker or disc?
    What is a light vehicle?
    Why aren’t registration stickers and discs being issued?
    When did this change happen?
    How will I know when my vehicle registration is due?
    How will I know if my vehicle registration is valid and/or has been paid?
    How will WA Police know that my vehicle registration is valid?
    If I travel interstate, how will local police know my vehicle/trailer/caravan is registered?
    If I’m not getting a sticker or disc, do I even need to pay my registration?
    Will my registration be cheaper now that I’m not getting a sticker or disc?
    What if I drive someone else’s car? How do I know the registration is valid?
    What do I do if I want to sell my car?
    What do I do if I want to buy a car and I am unsure of the registration status of the vehicle?
    What about trucks/heavy vehicles?
    Do I have to take my sticker off now or can I wait until my registration is due for renewal?
    My registration expires next year. Will I get a registration sticker or disc?
    I renewed my registration until March 2010 (or after). Can I have a sticker or disc?
    Will Australia Post give me a sticker or disc?
    I live in regional WA. Do I need a sticker or disc?
    My windscreen was replaced and it had a sticker on it. Do I need a new sticker?

1. Why haven’t I been issued a registration sticker or disc?
    Recent changes to the Road Traffic Act 1974 mean that, from 1 January 2010, owners of WA registered light vehicles will no longer be issued with nor need to display a registration sticker or disc.

Find out when your light vehicle registration is due

2. What is a light vehicle?
    Light vehicles have a Gross Vehicle Mass (GVM) less than or equal to 4.5 tonnes.
    This generally includes:

cars;

motorcycles;

trailers;

boat trailers;

horse floats; and

caravans.

3. Why aren’t registration stickers and discs being issued?

This decision was made because;
    WA Police now have the technology to immediately check a vehicle’s registration status using the vehicle number plate details;

The use of technology renders the registration sticker obsolete;

There are environmental benefits in reduced production and wastage; and

Owners will no longer have to struggle to scrape the sticker off.

4. When did this change happen?
    Registration stickers and discs are no longer required for light vehicles from 1 January 2010.

5. How will I know when my vehicle registration is due?
    Transport will continue to send renewal notices to vehicle owners six weeks before the registration expires.

6. How will I know if my vehicle registration is valid and/or has been paid?
    Transport recommends that you retain your current registration papers and receipt details following your payment.

7. How will WA Police know that my vehicle registration is valid?
    The WA Police have a number of technological aides to check registration status, including Automatic Number Plate Recognition devices and the new TADIS computer system available in police vehicles and in hand-held units for police on the beat. This system enables the instantaneous retrieval of the current registration information of the vehicle.

8. If I travel interstate, how will local police know my vehicle/trailer/caravan is registered?
    All police in Australia are able to access information regarding a WA vehicle registration. However, this may not be available instantly in all instances to police in other states as it is in WA. Transport recommends drivers of WA registered vehicles carry the current registration papers in the vehicle when driving interstate. This will reduce any inconvenience caused to drivers of WA registered vehicles should police in other states wish to confirm the validity of their vehicle registration.

9. If I’m not getting a sticker or disc, do I even need to pay my registration?
    Yes, you still need to pay your registration by the due date. The sticker or disc was only used as an indicator of a vehicle’s registration for law enforcement purposes. All vehicles used on WA roads must have valid registration. If you use a vehicle on the road without paying for the vehicle registration you may be committing an offence and you are not covered by a compulsory third party insurance policy.

10. Will my registration be cheaper now that I’m not getting a sticker or disc?
    The vehicle registration fees are reviewed annually, including assessment of costs, service delivery and any adjustments for other factors such as CPI increases. The production of vehicle registration stickers and discs forms a small component of the registration fees charged to register your vehicle. While Government will save approximately $2 million over four years by not printing and posting registration stickers and discs, there are over 1.5 million light vehicles registered in WA and the saving per individual vehicle may not be noticeable by the owner.

11. What if I drive someone else’s car? How do I know the registration is valid?
    You can ask the owner to see the current vehicle registration papers and receipt details. If the owner is unable to locate the current registration papers and receipt details, they can check the expiry of the vehicle’s registration through an online vehicle registration expiry enquiry service.

12. What do I do if I want to sell my car?
    You should always retain your vehicle renewal notice with payment receipt details. When selling a vehicle, you are required to provide these papers (referred to as the vehicle licence) to the new owner.

13. What do I do if I want to buy a car and I am unsure of the registration status of the vehicle?
    You should ask to see the current registration papers for the vehicle and this should be provided to you when you purchase a vehicle. If unsure, the owner can check the registration details of their vehicle using the online vehicle registration enquiry service.

14. What about trucks/heavy vehicles?
    Heavy vehicles (i.e. all vehicles with a gross vehicle mass of more than 4.5 tonne) will still be required to display a heavy vehicle registration label. This is part of the national charging and enforcement regime.

The heavy vehicle registration label shows the vehicle configuration, make, body type, vehicle identification number, gross vehicle mass, gross combination mass, manufacturer’s gross combination mass and any conditions that apply. Light vehicle registration stickers and discs only showed the month and year of registration expiry.

15. Do I have to take my sticker off now or can I wait until my registration is due for renewal?
    It’s your choice! You can remove the sticker on or after 1 January 2010 or you can wait until your registration is due for renewal.

16. My registration expires next year. Will I get a registration sticker or disc?
    If you renewed your registration before 1 January 2010, you will still receive a sticker or disc. If you renew your light vehicle registration after 1 January 2010, you will not receive a sticker or disc.

17. I renewed my registration until March 2010 (or after). Can I have a sticker or disc?
    Registration stickers and discs will no longer be issued from 1 January 2010.

18. Will Australia Post give me a sticker or disc?
    No, Australia Post outlets will no longer issue registration stickers and discs from 1 January 2010.

19. I live in regional WA. Do I need a sticker or disc?
    All owners of WA registered light vehicles will no longer need to display a registration sticker or disc from 1 January 2010. This is regardless of whether the vehicle is used in regional or metropolitan WA.

20. My windscreen was replaced and it had a sticker on it. Do I need a new sticker?
    If your windscreen was replaced after 1 January 2010, you do not need to obtain a replacement sticker.

Western Australia is leading the nation in the use of automated registration checking technology. At this stage it is recommended that WA motorists still carry a copy of their registration papers with them when driving interstate to avoid any confusion if queried by local authorities.

I trust that this information has been useful and of interest to you. Please feel free to distribute to your employees as you see fit. Additional information can be obtained from WA Transport – www.wa.transport.gov.au.
    Manata 3" Exhaust, Blisten shocks, King Springs 50 mm lift, Poly Air Bags, Roof Rack, Iron Man Bull Bar, HID 50W LightForce XGT spotties, Daul Batteries, GME TX3440 & AE4705 ant, Upgraded window washer, Bonnet Scoop, Tunit chip, bonnet protector, headlight protector, Cooper STT's, ScangaugeII, Dash Mat, Endless Air, Stebel Nautilus, Diff Breathers, Water Sedimentor. ([b]Camprite TL8s [/b] Arrived ALIVE~!)

Re: Vehicle Registration Labels in WA

Originally posted by karrathaprado2
    If I travel interstate, how will local police know my vehicle/trailer/caravan is registered?
    All police in Australia are able to access information regarding a WA vehicle registration. However, this may not be available instantly in all instances to police in other states as it is in WA. Transport recommends drivers of WA registered vehicles carry the current registration papers in the vehicle when driving interstate. This will reduce any inconvenience caused to drivers of WA registered vehicles should police in other states wish to confirm the validity of their vehicle registration.
    This will also most likely result in WA vehicles being apprehended more often by interstate police wanting to 'check their registration'. I strongly recommend that WA registered vehicle owners carry their papers when travelling interstate otherwise it is likely to mean a much longer stop by police if pulled over (who are more than likely going to suspect that your car is unregistered before they believe it is registered).
    [B][SIZE=4]ntp
    [/SIZE][/B][COLOR=#000040][B][SIZE=1]Love the Outback............. Love my Prado.[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]
    [I][SIZE=1][URL="http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w328/ntpryce/Picture23.png"]My Prado[/URL][/SIZE][/I], [I][SIZE=1][URL="http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w328/ntpryce/MyExtras.png"]My Extras[/URL][/SIZE][/I]
    [B]4wdriving First Party[/B][COLOR=#0000ff] - [/COLOR][B][COLOR=#0000ff]dןǝɥ ɹoɟ ןןɐɔ 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı[/COLOR][/B]

Comment

Originally posted by ntpryce
      This will also most likely result in WA vehicles being apprehended more often by interstate police wanting to 'check their registration'. I strongly recommend that WA registered vehicle owners carry their papers when travelling interstate otherwise it is likely to mean a much longer stop by police if pulled over (who are more than likely going to suspect that your car is unregistered before they believe it is registered).
      I totally agree us sandgropers will be targeted when travelling inter state .And who is going to ask their mate when driving their vehicle if they could have proof of current registration and what is the penalty if the vehicle is expired and you the none owner get caught driving it ? I do like the idea of the trailers I am forever loosing the labels .

Comment

The Argus rego plate identification system is a right pain in the ar#@! We had it here for two days and it flagged every car going through. 100% of mining vehicles had alerts. Checks of the system came up with nothing. An elderly couple driving their older sedan - one owner, fully registered and insured, both with un-blemished drivers licences - was stopped as it came up with an alert. Again - nothing. If the cars weren't going at less than 10km/hr the machine wouldn't register the number plate. Yes, great piece of kit.

The in-car Tadis system gives all the info about a car, it's owner, his/her details, and much more in a matter of seconds. The stickers are pointless. Besides, there are so may lazy people getting around with multiple expired stickers anyway. And more than one out of five cars stopped is unregistered or the driver is unlicenced anyway.

I had a little Hyundai Exel, it had been pranged and I was going to repair it for my son. The repair costs, parts etc were going to be more than the car was worth. The rego was due on 5 December. Around Christmas day I received a notice informing me that the rego was over due (by 3 weeks) and that I would be infringed if the plates were not surrendered within 3 months. This means that if you forget to renew the rego, then DPI will send you a reminder notice.

I pay my regos via B-pay and the due dates are on my computer under outlook calendar, along with insurance due dates, firearms licence, club fees, etc.
        Dave
        Views expressed are mine alone and are not intended to compromise the integrity of my employer nor offend those who may read such views.
        Bugger Bali, get out and see Australia before we sell it all to China.

Comment

Looks like we are all in for a fun time out and about. So a word to the wise...if you know you are in the right keep your Kool on and be patient with the brothers in Blue. :shock: Yes sometimes you have to give a little to get something in return. :lol:
          Manata 3" Exhaust, Blisten shocks, King Springs 50 mm lift, Poly Air Bags, Roof Rack, Iron Man Bull Bar, HID 50W LightForce XGT spotties, Daul Batteries, GME TX3440 & AE4705 ant, Upgraded window washer, Bonnet Scoop, Tunit chip, bonnet protector, headlight protector, Cooper STT's, ScangaugeII, Dash Mat, Endless Air, Stebel Nautilus, Diff Breathers, Water Sedimentor. ([b]Camprite TL8s [/b] Arrived ALIVE~!)

Comment

Looks like we are all in for a fun time out and about. So a word to the wise...if you know you are in the right keep your Kool on and be patient with the brothers in Blue. :shock: Yes sometimes you have to give a little to get something in return. :lol:
            It's famously known as the "ATTITUDE TEST".
            Dave
            Views expressed are mine alone and are not intended to compromise the integrity of my employer nor offend those who may read such views.

Comment

Yes it has worked for me a number of times. It is all in how you approach someone. :shock:

Comment

Yes it has worked for me a number of times. It is all in how you approach someone. :shock:
                Rarely works for me ops: I do tend to go off the handle occasionaly when they give me a bit of attitude

Comment

There is a link with the lisencing dept were you just type in your rego no and it tells you when rego expires also tells you if it is unrgistered canceled or expired so I gave it a go , entered my trailer all good mrs paid the rego checked the camper same again checked the boat trailer yep thats paid checked the bomb I use to travel to and from work in yes she is a good girl then checked the Prado WTF says it is unregistered :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: jumped on the blower to the mrs she said it was renewed two weeks ago 3 weeks before expiration she faxed the receipt to me yep it was paid for :? . Now what is going to happen when the boys in blue pulls us over ? Yep bloody good system they have

Comment

Keep the fax in the Prado until you can get it pulled up on your system...but I would also be tracking it down too from the other end to get them to confrim that it went through and did not end up in cyber space someplace.

Comment

What can I say - it's a computer system used by civvies where they input all the data - nothing to do with coppers.

I got my firearms licence renewal. It did not have my latest addition that I purchased and licenced 3 months earlier. When i rang up and questioned why not I was told that I would be lucky if any additions within the last 12 months were included and updated!
                      Dave

Comment

Keep the fax in the Prado until you can get it pulled up on your system...but I would also be tracking it down too from the other end to get them to confrim that it went through and did not end up in cyber space someplace.
                        Yes its staying in the glove box along with all the trailer regos . Years ago they had new programs for car regos & drivers licence's and the dept had a whole lot of teething problems with liceneces going to wrong addresses , wrong photo's on licences etc ... So maybe they might have teething problems with this new system

Comment

Is any one aware that you could get a fine for not removing the old label from windscreen ?

Comment

Yep :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: ............ Revenue
                            [color=red]GXL D4D AUTO Option pack more to follow & Camprite TL8s[/color] [url=http://www.fuelly.com/driver/Chuck1/prado][img]http://www.fuelly.com/smallsig-metric/46023.png[/img][/url]

Diabolus fecit, ut id facerem!

Comment

Originally posted by fishfinder
                              Is any one aware that you could get a fine for not removing the old label from windscreen ?
                              Yes.
                              [B][SIZE=4]ntp
                              [/SIZE][/B][COLOR=#000040][B][SIZE=1]Love the Outback............. Love my Prado.[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]
                              [I][SIZE=1][URL="http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w328/ntpryce/Picture23.png"]My Prado[/URL][/SIZE][/I], [I][SIZE=1][URL="http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w328/ntpryce/MyExtras.png"]My Extras[/URL][/SIZE][/I]
                              [B]4wdriving First Party[/B][COLOR=#0000ff] - [/COLOR][B][COLOR=#0000ff]dןǝɥ ɹoɟ ןןɐɔ 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı[/COLOR][/B]

Comment

canli bahis siteleri bahis siteleri ecebet.net
                              mencisport.com
                              antalya escort
                              tsyd.org deneme bonusu veren siteler
                              deneme bonusu veren siteler
                              gaziantep escort
                              gaziantep escort
                              asyabahis maltcasino olabahis olabahis
                              erotik film izle Rus escort gaziantep rus escort
                              atasehir escort tuzla escort
                              sikis sex hatti