Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stewy's 08 D4D

Hi Stewy, Congrats on the install. Looks just like a bought one only better
    I think Ill run down the AGM path for a dual battery, not completely sold on the idea of having a wet cell battery up the front. Your post will give me a few ideas, would it be possible to get a copy of your guide you said you have?
    Ill go to PM on this.
    [b]Silver 2008 D4D Auto GXL[/b]
    [url=http://www.pradopoint.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=6032]My build up[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by pradogxlv6
      With no visible cargo barrier or aux battery tray in the back of the car.. what stops the battery falling over or flying around in an accident :?: :?: :?:
      As mentioned in the post, the pictured Battery is not fixed down, I'd only just hooked it up when I took the pics.
      Later that day I did make a temporary Battery Tray and bolted it down to the rear passenger seat anchor points in the floor. The batteries home in the very near future will be in the cavity at the back of the Cargo Drawers which is all fully enclosed.
      No one would want a 30kg brick flying around, let alone the damage it could do in an accident.
      I've taken all this into account. :shock:
      Stewy
      [B][COLOR="#0000FF"]"I need to change my avatar to an FJ"[/COLOR][/B]
      [I][B]I don' get stuck,....but I'll borrow your [COLOR="orange"]Maxtrax[/COLOR] anyway![/B][/I]
      [URL="http://www.pradopoint.com/showthread.php?14024-Stewy-s-08-D4D"]My Build up, and still going[/URL]
      [B][URL=http://www.youtube.com/user/MrStewys]My YouTube Channel[/URL][/B]

Comment

Stewy the rig is looking great been a while since I checked in to see what your up to. Coming along nicely 8)
        [color=#BF0000]Trail Toy - TJ Wrangler with some mods and some bling

Wifes Daily and Tourer - V6 120 Prado, some mods wife wont give me the keys.[/color]

Comment

Originally posted by boof
          Stewy the rig is looking great been a while since I checked in to see what your up to. Coming along nicely 8)
          Thanks buddy, it has been awhile since we've talked.
          Two more addons I haven't posted yet, but will after I fit them over the weekend. Its all $$ but I'm almost ready for the GTG.
          1. the Waeco Fridge/Freezer bought today and
          2. ARB pullout awning.

R U heading to Landcruiser over June longweekend for the Superior All terrain Challenge?
          If U R I might try and catch up with you.

Regards

Stew.
          Stewy
          [I][B]I don' get stuck,....but I'll borrow your [COLOR="orange"]Maxtrax[/COLOR] anyway![/B][/I]
          [URL="http://www.pradopoint.com/showthread.php?14024-Stewy-s-08-D4D"]My Build up, and still going[/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by stewy
            Thanks buddy, it has been awhile since we've talked.
            Two more addons I haven't posted yet, but will after I fit them over the weekend. Its all $$ but I'm almost ready for the GTG.
            1. the Waeco Fridge/Freezer bought today and
            2. ARB pullout awning.

R U heading to Landcruiser over June longweekend for the Superior All terrain Challenge?
            If U R I might try and catch up with you.

Regards

Stew.
            Unfortunately I will probably be doing house renos and trying to get some work done on the single cab over that weekend. Just doesnt seem to be bugger all time for wheeling lately :cry:

Wifes Daily and Tourer - V6 120 Prado, some mods wife wont give me the keys.[/color]

Comment

:arrow: Draw System – Part3

Well, I finally got these drawers fitted up just before the June long weekend.
              Just as well because I’m sick of scuffing the interior trim when we go camping.
              The drawers are large and strong enough to carry all the essentials.

I used the long weekend to test the electrics for the new fridge and battery setup
              and watched with baited breath as the little Ranox worked hard at times, but in the end everything tested o.k.
              The only thing to do now is finish off the side covers and pockets on top of the cargo box.

I also need to add a few extra tie down points for the storage boxes and gas bottle.
              The battery is held down fairly well, although I haven’t heard or seen it move around,
              I’ll be ensuring that I use a better strap than the bungy cord which is there now.

All and all I’m quite happy with it.

Stewy

Comment

:arrow: Waeco 60ltr Fridge

I finally got round to purchasing the beer chiller.
                The Waeco 60ltr lives in the back on top of the cargo drawers.
                I made the cargo drawers to accommodate the fridge.
                It’s a perfect fit in the back and is held down with 4 x JustStraps Fridge Tie Downs.

I gave it a good test over the 3 days up at Landcruiser Mountain Park
                The straps held very well over the corrugated roads.

Stewy

Comment

:arrow: ARB 2500 Touring Awning

Another item to add to the roof bars was the new ARB 2500 awning.
                  I found that other awnings can range up to approx $600 in price, and there was no way I’d pay that much.
                  The ARB package seemed like a good quality awning for the money.
                  The only disappointment was the mounting for it.
                  I discussed how I would need to mount it with the sales guy,
                  who then informed me of using Rhino Ladder Stops for the H/Duty CXB Bars.
                  The ladder stops in my view aren’t suitable to mount an awning from so I looked around and found that the Optional CXB Bar Rhino FoxWing fitting kit works a treat for this awning and many other brands.

The mounting points are strong, it clamps to the upper and lower track of the Rhino CXB H/Duty Bars.
                  The only thing you need to do is drill another hole in the FoxWing fit kit and touch it up with some black paint.
                  The ARB Awning comes with 6 nuts and bolts that fit in the 2 grooved channels on the back of the awning.
                  The only thing I may do down the track is chop off the top part of the FoxWing fitting kit.
                  The fellow at the roof rack place mentioned that I could mount a high lift jack off this top point, but I’ll see how it goes.
                  I have no need for a high lift jack yet.

Rhino FoxWing Backets to suit Rhino H/D Cross Bars

Stewy

Comment

:arrow: Rhino Luggage Bag

At the same time of fitting up the ARB Awning, I though I’d try and save cargo space by putting a luggage bag on the roof sitting on my Rhino AT1510 Aluminium Tray.
                    These luggage bags are better suited to the Rhino baskets, but will still fit well to Aluminium Trays.
                    In the end I went for the Medium Bag as I doubted the width of the Tray with using the large size.
                    It worked out well as these bags do spread out a fair bit and fill the tray well.
                    As you can see I haven't filled it and can still throw alot more gear in there.
                    The bags are waterproof, dust proof, lockable, are zipped and velcro’ed around 3 sides for easy access.
                    If you fit one of these, also tie down the bag over the top with extra straps to take the weight off the incorporated bag straps. It was just something the fellow at the Roof Rack store mentioned, and I thought it was useful advice.

Sorry about the pics, it was taken at night after my weekend away as I was unpacking the car.

Stewy

Comment

We'll the Build is almost final with the only thing left to do on the wish list is tyres and suspension.
                      I can't see these items getting done straight away, but I will do over the next 6 months or so once the cashflow returns.
                      The wish list is as follows:-

:arrow: Mickey Thompson ATZ 4Rib
                      :arrow: Suspension, either OME Sports or Bilsteins with Kings

Will be sure to advise with pics once done.

Cheers
                      Stewy

Comment

Stewy imo check out the MTZ and STT I know they add a little more road noise than the ATZ but they are so much better off road, nothing worse than being out and then some rain falls. Then you end up doing some damage as you just lacked that little extra traction, I have run both of the above tyres and they are great all rounders imo.

Comment

Stewy imo check out the MTZ and STT I know they add a little more road noise than the ATZ but they are so much better off road, nothing worse than being out and then some rain falls. Then you end up doing some damage as you just lacked that little extra traction, I have run both of the above tyres and they are great all rounders imo.
                          Good point. I'll need to feel the ride from the STT. I think the MTZ may be too much for the Blacktop. Onroad performance is important to me. I have a mate in a 90series and the MTZ's sound excessively noisy at 100klms on the highway.
                          I looked at the ATZ recently on my mates F250 and was quite surprised how they performed on the road.
                          The Coopers STT were my second choice. Maybe we could slip out for test drive in your Mrs GXL????

Catchup with you soon

Regards
                          Stewy

Comment

What I want to know is why no one commented on how tidy Stewy's MIL looks in the muddy water at LCMP... LOL...
                            July 2008 D4D Auto GXL in White - rubbered, lifted, snorkeled, lit, bagged, barriered, barred, radio'd, and racked

Comment

:arrow: OZ-Accessories

These aren't really mods or accessories to the car, but I thought I'd include them anyway.
                              As camping and 4WDing go hand in hand, they should make the camping experience after a long day offroad - at bit more comfortable.

The first is the famous OzPig.
                              I picked up one of these after seeing Longdog's in action whilst at the 2009GTG.
                              The Mrs and I thought it was quite nifty, so I bought one for her birthday.

The second is another great Aussie Invention,....the OzTent.
                              The Coleman tent we regulary use was at the end of its life after the GTG, so it was time to invest in another.
                              The Mrs and I have seen these in action and were happy with the durability and more importantly the setup
                              .....just 30secs they say.

I came across the RV5 model over the weekend at a good price and couldn't resist.
                              We also bought the Fly Sheet to keep the outside a bit cleaner, should any birds fly by.

In future, we may add the side pieces,...but we'll see.
                              The 2mtr long tent when packed in the bag just fits inside the 120series,
                              if you can put up with it resting between the front passenger and driver, and the end just siting ontop of the center console.

But really,... because of the length, we'll probably just carry it on the roof bars.

Hopefully it will last and see us many happy camping days in the future.

Stewy

Comment

:arrow: My Build Up......almost complete

Well folks, I was flicking through my own build up thread today, reminiscing on on everything done far,
                                ....and reading all the comments...... "can you you hear the violins playing" ........only kidd'n

Reading back through what I wanted to achieve and all I've done so, I came to the sudden realization
                                that the build up is almost complete

My Orginal list from an early post read as follows:-

"I’ll fit a few more accessories just to make things a bit comfortable and to enhance the cars 4x4 capabilities off-road"

Plans were to add:-

:arrow: Hot wired 50amp Anderson Plug fuzed at 10amps to run external lights etc. - DONE
                                :arrow: IPF 900XS Spots (converted to HID) - DONE
                                :arrow: Cargo Drawers - DONE
                                :arrow: AGM Auxiliary Battery - DONE
                                :arrow: Ranox charging system - DONE
                                :arrow: Fridge/Freezer - DONE
                                :arrow: Rhino roof cross bars - DONE
                                :arrow: Rhino Rack - DONE
                                :arrow: Pullout roof awning - DONE
                                :arrow: Upgrade the suspension - Finally NOW DONE
                                :arrow: Beefier AT Rubber

The last 2 items left are suspension and rubber.

At this late stage I've decided that suspension is becoming more and more important.
                                The 1 yr old girl is starting to sag a bit in the rear, even more now since I returned from the GTG,
                                and since fitting the drawers.
                                With the extra weight I carry now and all the other gear when I head away on weekends and short trips,..
                                its about time I do something about it.

I've finally decided to fit an OME package, and join the club.

After discussing my requirements with ARB and talking to quite few people about it,
                                it all came down to my recent test drive in an OME equiped Prado.

Very soon the new suspension will be fitted. Its now just a case of getting the parts and doing the install.

:idea: Watch this space as I'll take some pics during the install

The new package will include the new sports OME gear and the parts will be as follows:

OME884 FRONT SPRINGS - 51-100KG
                                90000 NITROCHARGER SPORTS STRUT
                                OME896 REAR SPRINGS - 150-400KG
                                60005 NITROCHARGER SPORTS SHOCKS
                                OME661 STONE GUARD KIT

PICS TO COME REAL SOON
                                Stewy

Comment

canli bahis siteleri bahis siteleri ecebet.net
                                mencisport.com
                                antalya escort
                                tsyd.org deneme bonusu veren siteler
                                deneme bonusu veren siteler
                                gaziantep escort
                                gaziantep escort
                                asyabahis maltcasino olabahis olabahis
                                erotik film izle Rus escort gaziantep rus escort
                                atasehir escort tuzla escort
                                sikis sex hatti
                                en iyi casino siteleri
                                casibom
                                betticket istanbulbahis
                                Working...
                                X