Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like #### quoted as much as he possibly could. Not sure why.

Sent from my iPhone using Crapatalk
    Cheers
    Blake

04 Silver Diesel GXL with lots of stuff
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

• Originally posted by BlakMoth View Post
      Looks like #### quoted as much as he possibly could. Not sure why.
      Aaaaaaw!....... Looks like #### has found himself another "Puppet master!"

Rather than quoting off someone who got it all wrong and used a mitsi as his beta machine!.... how about #### in his "OWN WORDS" explain how the EGR & turbo work together on the "PRADO D4D" instead of a mitsi?

Blocking or restricting EGR on the Aussie euro4 Prado's is pure stupidity and is only aimed at selling/ Making money out of the stupid blanking/Resticting plate?...... Lets not go near the rip-off version of the provent.

Clearly we are aiming for making loads of Money, Money, Money at the members expence istead of sticking to actual facts!!!

Comment

• Hey great read 1

Originally posted by SWR View Post
        Hi all

I have done another basic description on the EGR system of the 1KD D4D engine & this does NOT apply to the 1KZ mainly due to the Turbo & EGR configuration.

May I also add that i did not do this write-up to start an argument but to let those who are not fully mechanically minded to have a better understanding.

On the 1KZ engines the turbo has a mechanical waste gate attached to the external of the turbo which is operated by manifold pressure and independent of the EGR system so when you block the EGR port everything runs happy (Better) and no more EGR gases are pumped into the intake manifold and you get to run the engine on nice clean air and boost pressures are not provoked.

If you block or restricted the EGR system on the 1KD D4D engine by fitting a blanking plate you will inadvertently increase fuel consumption (Worse) and cause loss off power backed up with an engine check light with error code

You can get rid of the error code by drilling a whole in the middle of the banking plate (10mm) which will stop the error code but you will still cause issues globally due to the restriction of the turbo boost dumping process!

REASON: The 1KD has a variable high press turbo which is mechanically adjusted via an electronic solenoid which is solely controlled by the ECU (Electronic Control Unit) to improve the spooling of the turbo depending on engine rpm.

IF this doesn't make things harder to by-pass the EGR system then what follows will! The 1KD does not have a simple system like on the 1KZ's but rather a system where the turbo boost is sent BACK through the EGR cooler on the same path in-order to dump the access turbo boost back into the exhaust. (EGR valve in the intake throat opens to let exhaust gases in but also opens to let access turbo boost out).

Depending on engine load the access turbo boost needs to be dumped immediately. If this is not accomplished then the turbo boost will hang around in the intake manifold and inter-cooler which will cause a leaning off (Weak Mixture) in the combustion chamber and the boost that is trapped will back-flow back into the inter-cooler then pushed through the air filter box in order to escape. This will also put the dirty air and EGR gases across the MAF (Mass Air Flow) sensor. This will also be recognised by the turbo sensor located on the turbo inter-cooler which will be sent to the ECU and will in-turn drop the fuel rail pressure to try and reduce the access boost that has been trapped!

OUTCOME: Even though the car will drive "ok" it will feel doughy at the pedal and feel like you are driving in a head wind and your fuel consumption will get worse not better.

I know that this whole principle of the 1KD sux but apart from being stuck with EGR gases it is a very officiant principle.

OPTIONS: If you want to reduce the fouling of the intake components the only best option at the moment (Until someone develops a chip to disarm the EGR gas flow but still allow the EGR valve to operate to dump access boost) is to fit a PCV (Positive Crankcase Ventilation) filter or catch-can to at-least reduce oil mixing in the intake manifold which is made very sticky when EGR gases are blown across the oil.

The cooler housing for the EGR does not only cool EGR gases but has a simple switching mechanism which is controlled by a vacuum canister that closes one port and opens another simultaneously when dumping turbo boost.

Blanking off this vacuum line does not effect turbo dump as it just back-tracks through the port that is open as both ports are linked together anyway! One side is cooled by the engine coolant for the hot EGR gases and the other is just a straight through port for dumping access boost.

PS. Hint! I basically mean to say Do Not Block EGR port with a blanking plate on 1KD D4D.

Hope this has made a few things clearer for some one who is thinking of fitting the blanking plate on the EGR on the 1KD D4D.

I just found your info after reading other posts re trying to minimise the gunk that can build up in the manifold .
        I have ordered the catch can [best one] and can easily fit this. I'm a fitter !!!
        Not a diesel mech.I previously owned GQ much simpler !HA
        so blanking plate is not the go even with hole ?
        periodic cleaning type sprays that are available ?
        Mine is 2012 D4D GX auto Mums and Dads occasional offroader 50000km
        This prado is great truck I must say.

Cheers

Spike

Comment

• Originally posted by BlakMoth View Post
          Looks like #### quoted as much as he possibly could. Not sure why.

Sent from my iPhone using Crapatalk
          Lazy!

Originally posted by SWR View Post
          Aaaaaaw!....... Looks like #### has found himself another "Puppet master!"

Rather than quoting off someone who got it all wrong and used a mitsi as his beta machine!.... how about #### in his "OWN WORDS" explain how the EGR & turbo work together on the "PRADO D4D" instead of a mitsi?

Blocking or restricting EGR on the Aussie euro4 Prado's is pure stupidity and is only aimed at selling/ Making money out of the stupid blanking/Resticting plate?...... Lets not go near the rip-off version of the provent.

Clearly we are aiming for making loads of Money, Money, Money at the members expence istead of sticking to actual facts!!!
          All your views & opinions.
          Do you have shares in provent? Waste of $$$ IMO.
          I Don't sell blank plates, they are on eBay for less than $10, someones getting rich you think? PLEASE........

Chris, there is no way I would bother to discuss or explain this on a forum, you already have enough argumentative posts. It would never end.
          I can see you have spent some time on this & seem to be a smart person, the only way we could hope to agree would be to discuss it.

Originally posted by spikegorman View Post
          I just found your info after reading other posts re trying to minimise the gunk that can build up in the manifold .
          I have ordered the catch can [best one] and can easily fit this. I'm a fitter !!!
          Not a diesel mech.I previously owned GQ much simpler !HA
          so blanking plate is not the go even with hole ?
          periodic cleaning type sprays that are available ?
          Mine is 2012 D4D GX auto Mums and Dads occasional offroader 50000km
          This prado is great truck I must say.

Cheers

Spike
          Facts:

Soot is your enemy! Not oil.
          Yes the 2 combined is the big issue!

Clagged up intake system & injector tips, filthy engine oil, poor fuel economy & cruise responsiveness, Valve recession & more.
          This soot is killing these vehicles.

I know of these engines out there with drilled plates in place, in Prados & Hiluxes it has made Improvements! & No probs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anth120playdo View Post
            All your views & opinions.
            My opinions are just as valid as you with yours!... Only difference with mine is that they are facts that i back up in a detailed explanation and not a copy and paste from a past arrogant person who was proven wrong!.

Originally posted by Anth120playdo View Post
            Do you have shares in provent? Waste of $$$ IMO.
            You are kidding aren't you?.. I made my own from a marine spec fuel filter housing (Cast alloy) with glass bowl and a metal casing (Baffle filter) due to the fact that the PCV would/ Does get extremely hot on long cruise journey's so my confidence (Just my opinion only) in any plastics would be of minimal confidence!.. Also.. Plastic is not as good as metals & glass for disbursing high temps which is what is needed if wanting to convert oil vapour back into its oil state just like the turbo intercooler does but obviously the turbo intercooler is far more officiant at doing this!

Chris, there is no way I would bother to discuss or explain this on a forum,
            If you are not prepared to discuss this on the forum then don't Copy and paste someone elses comments who was proven wrong based on facts and it is very naive on your part to quote someone without you willing to back it up if you wish to copy and paste!

you already have enough argumentative posts. It would never end.
            Unless you can argue with "FACTS" on the given subject (This would end a debate and not be ongoing) you would obviously loose the so called argument if that is what you want to call it given you obviously lac facts without you willing to put your say next to the post you copied.

Facts:

Soot is your enemy! Not oil.
            Yes the 2 combined is the big issue!
            Huh??...
            Facts: A car will kill you if you step out in-front of it is when travelling at high speed but wont if you let it pass without stepping in front of it! ... lol

WTF is behind your oil/ soot comment?

You being as smart as you are Anthony the fact is that there always will be oil passing through the turbo intercooler & the EGR heat exchange will "ALWAYS" be "FREE" of soot (despite soot particles are constantly passing through it due to there being no oil present it will "ALWAYS" be spotless) but due to your "Apparent lack of basic knowledge" you should know that if you was "Dumb" enough to block or restrict the EGR valve (1KD not 1KZ) this "will" inadvertently restrict and slow down the turbo boost pressure dumping process and stall the turbo!.... But you already know this but continually try to insinuate that this is not true???..

So Anthony!... Would blocking or restricting the EGR (1KD not 1KZ) stall the turbo or not??

Anthony!.. Would blocking or restricting the EGR (1KD not 1KZ) increase fuel consumption/ Overheat the turbo or not??

Anthony!.. Would blocking or restricting the EGR (1KD not 1KZ) increase cruise/ Mid range peak duration combustion temps or not??

Anthony!.. Would blocking or restricting the EGR (1KD not 1KZ) fracture/ Crack or chip the turbo compressor impeller blades if constantly prematurely stalling the turbo compressor or not??

Anthony!.. Does the 1KD give "More power/ Torque" - "Better fuel consumption" - "Cleaner burning emissions" and lower compression ratio than the 1KZ despite both engines have the same cubic capacity and both are turbo'd and both have same amount of cylinders!

It is fact that the 1KD injectors have more pulses that the 1KZ per firing cycle and much higher pressures than the 1KZ so logically they wear quicker!...

So can we say that it is logic to clean the inlet manifold and EGR when required as appose to being stupid and dumb enough to insinuate or try to block and restrict the EGR on the 1KD (Not the 1KZ)?

Clagged up intake system & injector tips, filthy engine oil, poor fuel economy & cruise responsiveness, Valve recession & more.
            This soot is killing these vehicles.
            Did anyone ever tell you that it is the typical trait of a diesel engine if not maintained properly to its service schedules?.... No #%*@ing around with the engine of course!

A diesel is not the same as a petrol engine so what you loose in lower maintenance costs on the diesel engine compared to a petrol you will gain in extra toque and fuel consumption in diesel but the fact is that a properly maintained diesel is allot cleaner burning than a badly maintained one!

Mmmmmmm?...... I often wonder why all heavy goods trucks are diesel?

I know of these engines out there with drilled plates in place, in Prados & Hiluxes it has made Improvements! & No probs.
            LMAOI!!! Given that i know how the 1KD engines are configured to run i fined your lack of in depth knowledge on this matter hard to believe! IMHO!

How many of these modes have you personally done and put your name to Anthony?

My advise to you "Anthony" is to read the past "so called" arguments that i had with your buddy and read my replies to his claims that carry no tangible cred IMHO!

You are also fully aware that if you was to alter/ Manipulate the engine mechanics from factory (Unless on private property or race track) that it will "INSTANTLY" void/ Cancel your factory engine warranty and insurance policy if trying to make a claim as past @issed off owners found out the hard way.

Anthony!! .. Would you personally warrant and put your name to the work if you carried the mod out to anyone's vehicle because most reputable workshops have to warrant there work?

Made even worse is when the owner of the vehicle fits/ carries out the stupid mods to there engines and the typical backlash of the instigators getting off Scott-free from any liability of course despite taking/ making money out of there claims!.. Go figure!!

By the way Anthony! I Luuuuv your little disclaimer in your signature! Quote: CAUTION: what I post is just my opinion from my experience.. UN-quote!

Comment

• WOW.

Many obvious facts mixed in with your opinion on the matter.

I don't sell or fit blanking plates to customers vehicles.
              D.i.y job that one, I'm monitoring & sharing the results, not just writing theory on it. these plates have been in & around for years.
              You needent worry about my under standing of the system either.

Did you say worse fuel economy? Well there's thats one example of how incorrect you are!
              Now time for some of my opinion, IMHO You are now discredited on the lot!

Record breaking fuel economy.

Looks like you can put me on your proven wrong list.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anth120playdo View Post
                Looks like you can put me on your proven wrong list.
                The one thing that will bite you clearly on your ass Anthony is time and this will bite when it comes full circle simply because you are not putting into your equation that if you install a resister to fool the MAP sensor the MAF meter will eventually know that there is something wrong based on the feedback readings from "particular sensors" on the engine for which you will just have to work out for your self but i would not be fooled by the readings of the external monitor readings because i will guarantee those figures wont last long...

I don't sell or fit blanking plates to customers vehicles.
                D.i.y job that one,
                As i have stated repeatedly in the past!... The consequence of your actions if you carry out the blanking/restricting mod on the 1KD (Not 1kz) will have costly consequences in the long run!.. "ESPECIALLY" when the un-witting are encouraged to do the mod themselves.

I have put it in writing in words on this forum for all to read because i am that confident that you are over-looking something just like your friend did in the past and will practically guarantee that your outcome will be costly compared to not doing the mod at all.

Did you say worse fuel economy? Well there's that's one example of how incorrect you are!
                Now time for some of my opinion, IMHO You are now discredited on the lot!
                Yes i did say bad fuel economy & believe me it is "VERY EASY" to fool those fuel figures if you was to put a chip or any Module in front of any engine sensor!... (Not including a guaranteed engine factory & insurance warranty void) I also include a resistor fitted to the MAP sensor into that equation.

If you was to fully tank with fuel then run with logged millage/ Kilometres then fully fuel the tank again you can bet your ass those figures would not match up with the so-called engine mod that you are so confident about Anthony!

Record breaking fuel economy.
                Your kidding right???

I cruise at 120km on the freeway (Not drive like a pussy and irritate truckers co's your driving like a princess in your Prado instead of the national speed limit of 110kmh on the freeway) and i still get high 7's/ low 8's with the EGR fully functional and the ECU with all other engine sensors fully factory standard so my engine can fully protect its self!

You start to play with engine sensors and i will guarantee the out-come will end in tears but i wont be doing or advising on the mod so i wont be paying the consequence of those actions either!
                Last edited by SWR; 21-03-2015, 09:37 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SWR View Post
                  The one thing that will bite you clearly on your ass Anthony is time and this will bite when it comes full circle simply because you are not putting into your equation that if you install a resister to fool the MAP sensor the MAF meter will eventually know that there is something wrong based on the feedback readings from "particular sensors" on the engine for which you will just have to work out for your self but i would not be fooled by the readings of the external monitor readings because i will guarantee those figures wont last long...

As i have stated repeatedly in the past!... The consequence of your actions if you carry out the blanking/restricting mod on the 1KD (Not 1kz) will have costly consequences in the long run!.. "ESPECIALLY" when the un-witting are encouraged to do the mod themselves.

I have put it in writing in words on this forum for all to read because i am that confident that you are over-looking something just like your friend did in the past and will practically guarantee that your outcome will be costly compared to not doing the mod at all.

Yes i did say bad fuel economy & believe me it is "VERY EASY" to fool those fuel figures if you was to put a chip or any Module in front of any engine sensor!... (Not including a guaranteed engine factory & insurance warranty void) I also include a resistor fitted to the MAP sensor into that equation.

If you was to fully tank with fuel then run with logged millage/ Kilometres then fully fuel the tank again you can bet your ass those figures would not match up with the so-called engine mod that you are so confident about Anthony!

Your kidding right???

I cruise at 120km on the freeway (Not drive like a pussy and irritate truckers co's your driving like a princess in your Prado instead of the national speed limit of 110kmh on the freeway) and i still get high 7's/ low 8's with the EGR fully functional and the ECU with all other engine sensors fully factory standard so my engine can fully protect its self!

You start to play with engine sensors and i will guarantee the out-come will end in tears but i wont be doing or advising on the mod so i wont be paying the consequence of those actions either!
                  OMy

Lots of assumptions there too. Your doing some dreaming there.
                  Obviously you didn't read the small amount I bothered write.
                  B.T.W 120k is 10k over the national speed limit. (in the few places its actually 110) more often its 100, another argument no doubt.
                  For every 5 Klm's over the speed limit you double your risk of a collision. I don't speed especially in a lifted, 4x4.

Look I think from about post 93#, 95# & around the 100# mark, is some examples of your huge argumentative posts, it's there for all too see.
                  Robert was clearly tired of wasting time on it. Nobody will win an argument with you.
                  You need to learn to discuss, (in person is ideal, or on phone) or agree to disagree which many of us have.

Comment

• Watching this thread gentlemen..
                    Tread very lightly as some of you are on final warnings already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Piggy View Post
                      Watching this thread gentlemen..
                      Tread very lightly as some of you are on final warnings already.

Obviously!, as you do. Many other quiet people watching also.
                      I am trying to be gentle, please highlight any areas of concern for me to consider.
                      Also attempting to close off the attempted argument.

I'm such a bad man I know, ban me anytime it suits you, i know you don't need a reason.
                      Have a nice day

Comment

• Thread closed

Comment

canli bahis siteleri bahis siteleri ecebet.net
                        mencisport.com
                        antalya escort
                        tsyd.org deneme bonusu veren siteler
                        deneme bonusu veren siteler
                        gaziantep escort
                        gaziantep escort