Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unsure how long this kit pricing promotion will go for, I will check with Toyota NZ and let you know
    07 Prado 120 D4-d

Comment

Originally posted by Rick NZ View Post
      unsure how long this kit pricing promotion will go for, I will check with Toyota NZ and let you know
      That's fine.
      Winston.

White 2009 120 Series D4D GXL manual.

Comment

Originally posted by Talktheroo View Post
        How are you Winston.
        Mate, here a link for the ITII : http://www.ecutool.com/ToyotaLexus-I...rd_2053.html#8
        Bit over $500.00 now, because of the Australian dollar being at 90c.
        This is the real unit Winston, me old mate. It has the Denso battery in it.
        Catch you later, John.
        Cheers John,

By the way are missing your oil filter removal tool? If so I have a story to tell.
        Winston.

White 2009 120 Series D4D GXL manual.

Comment

Update from Toyota NZ - current injector Injector pricing of $2065 NZD is until further notice

One injector kit already delivered to Skywalkerrun last week and have just taken orders for two more sets today
          These as stated earlier these kits are genuine with 4 x NEW *****316 DLC injectors with washers, 4 xpipes and 5x return pipe washers
          Price includes frieght to your door on 2-3 an International courier - by either DHL or EMS

Bargin deals
          07 Prado 120 D4-d

Comment

OK - seems that my pricing on Injector kits have annoyed sponsors on this site !
            For that I say sorry to these sponsors

Rick
            07 Prado 120 D4-d

Comment

Originally posted by Rick NZ View Post
              OK - seems that my pricing on Injector kits have annoyed sponsors on this site ! For that I say sorry to these sponsors Rick
              Oooooooo Kay???........ So whats this whole thing about competition making it a better place for the greater pradopoint community??

If i remember rightly if it wasn't for me finding Amayama in the first place i do believe that all of those thieving back-street garages (and lets not forget "Toyota") would still be shafting the small guy for top-dollar fuel injectors due to the fact that there was "NO" competition to "FORCE" there greedy profit prices down in the first place!

If its not bad enough with "TOYOTA" shafting everyone with a warranty that has more perforation holes in it than a tetley's tea-bag!... Lol ...... then how the hell can there be a such thing as competition if all's you have to do is to be is a paid member/sponsor or what ever, then suddenly you have access all areas on the forum then are also allowed to get upset because a maybe better deal comes along?.......

I personally am a big fan of choice and not to be told what i have to buy!

It was my ability to search in the first place that spoiled it for the big greedy guy's and "WAS" able to share it through an open forum!

"HELLLLLLO!" ... I think that's called competition?

Competition usually yells out drop your price to compete or get out! ... Lol

I thought that the sponsors are supposed to be "privileged" to be able to advertise on a great forum like this sight "PRADOPOINT" that was built on the idea of its founder and of course that it is also its very members that was attracted to this sight based on its informative and helpful tips that help to complete this forum to be Awesome!

So who gets screwed again??... You guested it!!!!..... The small guy!

Maybe someone should google the word "COMPETITION"..... (I Did!)... Its a word that makes competitors force there prices down and makes it easier for the small guy!

If you can not beat the competition then you loose and the guy that Win's has obviously provided good competitive prices and remains the hero of the month till someone can beat him with a better deal and of course and the small guy is happier again

How many times did i mention the word "competition"? ......... Lol

Cheers

Comment

too True Skywalker,
                however Im not interested in being a paid memeber/sponsor or whatever. Im here as a regular everyday hard working bloke, that just happens to own a Prado
                Im all too happy to share my many years trade experience - and help out where and if I can
                *** I am not a bussiness ** im a everyday Kiwi bloke
                If being able to supply fellow members at my NZ cost (which is a metric truckload cheaper than current Aussie prices ), I thought it would benefit the members
                I dont see what is so wrong - I am offering NZ cost on NEW injector kits - no one else on this forum appears to be !!!
                I am not offering rebuilt or blueprinted injectors - thats someone else's area
                Note - the Injectors I have offered to supply (at my cost) are dearer than rebuilt or blueprinted ones - however the NZ kits come with pipes, wahers etc

I have replied to the admistrator of Pradopoint, who had threatened to remove all my posts
                If my profile gets deleted -then to all you members who didnt get the chance to save yourself plenty - You can blame PP administrator

Regards Rick

(ps to those of you with injectors already ordered dont strees - I have your delivery details and ph numbers)
                Last edited by Rick NZ; 18-07-2013, 07:43 PM.
                07 Prado 120 D4-d

Comment

Ok, So didn't want to write this on the open forums, and i'm not sure what the Mods had said to you RickNZ, but ultimately here are my points:

Firstly, I have no problems with Competition at all, if its on a level playing field. I've built a fairly successful business based upon competition and even the work that we are currently doing is 'shaking the market' by virtue of competition, so its not the competition that I have the problem with.

My email to the Admins was based upon my history and how we came about to Sponsor it. I did convey that i was not perfectly happy with you openly advertising your products (Which is different to simply notifying people as we've all known ToyotaNZ's pricing for a long time), But the only action i ask was them to look into it... I also stated that given that we (PP Community) are openly discussing illegal importation activities, and promoting an imported product at the detriment of local (Australian) jobs, That i did not think it was appropriate. The action and what ever was said was there's...

Basically, my understanding is that a Forum is not for a person to be openly advertising for personal gain. If they are informing people of alternative sources, thats fine (I assume, just a Skywalker Run has posted above), especially when its for mutual (community) gain. But as we already stated, we've known about TNZ's prices for a long time, as we are about amayama.

Lastly, these forums and communities do exist because companies like ours sponsor it. From a Community point of view (and morally, because ultimately we make money from this community) I feel its only right to 'give back'. RickNZ my thoughts were that if you were going to profiteer off the community and openly advertise like you have been, that you should at least support the community.

From a competition point of view, i personally think we are still ok. for the above kit, we're priced at $1450 Including GST, or a little over 1300 if we're comparing on an equal playing field. Couple that with a 2 year warranty (what's your warranty and process?) and the fact that we are actually supporting Australian companies who are employing Australian people (to date, we have 5 full time staff working on these injectors full time, which i hope will grow to 20+ within 12 months) and of course the Australian economy, and lastly our lovely friends in Canberra (this bit IS debatable) by virtue of the taxes that we SHOULD be paying to live in this awesome country.

I never wanted to turn this into a public shite fight, and its still not my intention. If you're looking for reasons you can now read them.
                  Regards
                  Matt - 0403 243 786

Comment

I am gobsmacked Rick. Seriously that is complete bullshit. I am really disappointed. This whole place is about getting the best for our members whether it is the price on parts or information. Very disappointed. Mods please comment.
                    My 150 build - http://www.pradopoint.com/showthread.php?27423-A-Random-approach-to-a-Bluestorm-150-GXL-D4D-automatic

Comment

Dear Baileys Inj co,

These forums exist with not only your support but also financial members too. And at the end of the day PP only exists because of Prado owners - without them there's nothing !
                      Your a bussiness, it is you choice to support a forum that has financial rewards for you - you also do this as "advertising" and is a tax right off
                      If I was a bussiness and making $$ for selling or rebuilding injectors, I would happily spend a couple of hundred $$ to make many thousands of dollars. Thats good business !!
                      Im not here to take your injector recon business - thats your market - which I know very little about

At my cost for the Kits, inc's just under $50 for my running around and packaging - so really Im supplying them at a LOSS ! - why? to help members in OZ

This has nothing to do with keeping Aussies in jobs !, everyone is trying to save $$ these days - Are new 316 injectors made in Australia?. If memebers want new then they should have a decent opportunity to buy them at a good price ! The only one losing sales from these kits is Toyota Australia ! "loud clapping"
                      There is nothing Illegal about buying a set of injectors from NZ. ( they have been nowhere near any sheep - I promise ! )
                      Lowering value on goods is illegal ! There is another risk in doing so - that if the package is lost then the insured value wont cover the parts !

Baileys - (Matt) I have no problem with you and respect that fact your trying to protect your operation.

Understand that the members have a choice - and that member will help other members where they can

Regards Rick

Lets alll move on, and have a great friday

Originally posted by Baileys Diesel Group View Post
                      Ok, So didn't want to write this on the open forums, and i'm not sure what the Mods had said to you RickNZ, but ultimately here are my points:

Firstly, I have no problems with Competition at all, if its on a level playing field. I've built a fairly successful business based upon competition and even the work that we are currently doing is 'shaking the market' by virtue of competition, so its not the competition that I have the problem with.

My email to the Admins was based upon my history and how we came about to Sponsor it. I did convey that i was not perfectly happy with you openly advertising your products (Which is different to simply notifying people as we've all known ToyotaNZ's pricing for a long time), But the only action i ask was them to look into it... I also stated that given that we (PP Community) are openly discussing illegal importation activities, and promoting an imported product at the detriment of local (Australian) jobs, That i did not think it was appropriate. The action and what ever was said was there's...

Basically, my understanding is that a Forum is not for a person to be openly advertising for personal gain. If they are informing people of alternative sources, thats fine (I assume, just a Skywalker Run has posted above), especially when its for mutual (community) gain. But as we already stated, we've known about TNZ's prices for a long time, as we are about amayama.

Lastly, these forums and communities do exist because companies like ours sponsor it. From a Community point of view (and morally, because ultimately we make money from this community) I feel its only right to 'give back'. RickNZ my thoughts were that if you were going to profiteer off the community and openly advertise like you have been, that you should at least support the community.

From a competition point of view, i personally think we are still ok. for the above kit, we're priced at $1450 Including GST, or a little over 1300 if we're comparing on an equal playing field. Couple that with a 2 year warranty (what's your warranty and process?) and the fact that we are actually supporting Australian companies who are employing Australian people (to date, we have 5 full time staff working on these injectors full time, which i hope will grow to 20+ within 12 months) and of course the Australian economy, and lastly our lovely friends in Canberra (this bit IS debatable) by virtue of the taxes that we SHOULD be paying to live in this awesome country.

I never wanted to turn this into a public shite fight, and its still not my intention. If you're looking for reasons you can now read them.
                      Regards
                      Matt - 0403 243 786
                      Last edited by Rick NZ; 18-07-2013, 09:00 PM.
                      07 Prado 120 D4-d

Comment

Rick,
                        Its largely all agreed.
                        I have a strong feeling about keeping Australian's employed and keeping works in our country where possible, and therefore the sale of new injectors which are manufactured overseas (its the same for your in NZ really) when they could be Re-man'ed here in Aus is just wasting potential. Obviously this side of the arguement has little to do with you directly, but i really believe that without a shift in mindset of the Australian people, manufacturing + many other jobs will simply not be there... Its the same with people bringing shit in from overseas because its cheap - doing more aussies out of work (even if it is just those so and so's that work at Toyota!) - but then not being willing the pay the shitty 10-15% on it that will fund the hospital they will go to after having sold a kidney to pay toyota for a turbo (joking - but you get the point).
                        I fully appreciate that money is tight, that's why we've done what we've done with our injectors trying to create a win/win/win.

Anyway, i was never seriously ticked off by it, and you're totally right that people should have a choice, but it does frustrate the living hell out of me how willing Aussies are to send money overseas and then bitch because of 10% in customs fees or similar...

Comment

I agree with you re cheap oversea's componets - esp China and USA
                          Complete wate of time and $$ - and the parts never fit right
                          Which is why I mainly deal in genuine parts, even for 90's vehicles - much less stress

RE Job losses - Toyota Aussie are by the sounds of it doing everything they can do go out of bussiness

RE - injectors , not another word needs to be said

RE - Friday - its friday here already !!
                          07 Prado 120 D4-d

Comment

Just to clarify our position on the issues at play here and so this thread can return to it's actual topic.

Rick was advertising his offers in the forum. This is in breach of our rules. The rules were put into place to stop people advertising all over the place and to give our retail and corporate sponsors an opportunity to put their offers out there. The place for these offers is in their own forum.

This site is all about providing the right information to the Prado community. It's whole ethos is that it's for the benefit of the Prado community as a whole. Competition is healthy and we do not offer 'exclusivity' for any retail or corporate member in a given field.

Rick should have sought clarification prior to posting his offer and if it had been mentioned only once instead of a number of times in different threads it would not have seemed so 'sales like'.

I'll be cleaning the threads up. Rick's offer will stay but will be listed only once.

Comment

Dear Admin,

This is another example (on top of Mr ChipIT) where this forum should not be sponsor based but by members paying their membership fees instead.

This way if I find a deal on king spings which is better than wholesalesuspension can sell them for or a tent that your outdoors fella is selling his one for I cannot mention it more than once.....WHY?

I am potentially saving $ for people like you and I. Has Prado Point been taken over by corporate greed? If that is the case then this is definitely not a place for me.

Baileys:

You've just been added to the list (which includes ChipIT) of people who I won't be dealing with.

Originally posted by prado-admin View Post
                              Just to clarify our position on the issues at play here and so this thread can return to it's actual topic.

Rick was advertising his offers in the forum. This is in breach of our rules. The rules were put into place to stop people advertising all over the place and to give our retail and corporate sponsors an opportunity to put their offers out there. The place for these offers is in their own forum.

This site is all about providing the right information to the Prado community. It's whole ethos is that it's for the benefit of the Prado community as a whole. Competition is healthy and we do not offer 'exclusivity' for any retail or corporate member in a given field.

Rick should have sought clarification prior to posting his offer and if it had been mentioned only once instead of a number of times in different threads it would not have seemed so 'sales like'.

I'll be cleaning the threads up. Rick's offer will stay but will be listed only once.

Comment

I think there is a clear difference between putting gear out for sale for profit and just posting up for the benefit of members. In a way I am guilty of promoting Rick's offer. And Densos and Baileys in two or three replies I have made to people who are scared sick of what their D4D is going to cost them to repair. If Rick was a dealer in NZ and making margin (not just a pooteenth for handling) on these then sure he should be a corporate retail member but for him to simply offer to be the go between for genuine parts at a cheaper price than we can buy here I think it is unreasonable for him to have to be a corporate retail member.

I trust that the same email has been sent to mud maps who was touting his product in a specific thread he started for that very purpose? I even suggested in that thread that he become a corporate member and received a pm from him saying no thanks.

Sorry but I see Ricks case being no different to other members here who have made stuff for their Prado and are offering to others. And so there can be no mistake I have taken advantage of probably at least one item from each of those and I applaud them for the time and effort they are spending to help me out. In fact I reckon those particular items should be a sticky in the for sale thread so I can find them easily (and I sent a pm to admin suggesting this). LEt's face it SkyWalker has let us know about Amayama and there are a few PPers who have used them and I am sure SkyWalker gets nothing out that either. He could have kept that to himself.

Let's not lose sight of the reason we are all here. To enjoy our Prados and this community and if this is the sort of bullshit that is happening behind the scenes then the site is poorer for that.

I am disappointed in Baileys for raising this in the first place and disappointed at the way it has been handled. People need to make their own decisions on what they will do. Whether to go with the reco injectors and double the warranty, spend the same and get new NZ injectors and maybe a few hiccoughs if warranty is claimed or spend another $1k and go Denso with factory length warranty which is half what Baileys offer.
                                My 150 build - http://www.pradopoint.com/showthread.php?27423-A-Random-approach-to-a-Bluestorm-150-GXL-D4D-automatic

Comment

canli bahis siteleri bahis siteleri ecebet.net
                                mencisport.com
                                antalya escort
                                tsyd.org deneme bonusu veren siteler
                                deneme bonusu veren siteler
                                gaziantep escort
                                gaziantep escort
                                asyabahis maltcasino olabahis olabahis
                                erotik film izle Rus escort gaziantep rus escort
                                atasehir escort tuzla escort
                                sikis sex hatti
                                en iyi casino siteleri
                                casibom
                                betticket istanbulbahis
                                Working...
                                X