Manual Mapper Project for Toyota Diesel Engines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Bill.
    Haven't driven either car in a couple of weeks, let alone offroad or camping, bugger. The 100 is a completely different beast and if compared to our Prado only the Toyota name is the same. Oh yes and the auto gearbox, with different mapping. The Prado is actually quicker than the 100 at the moment, but have a tuning package coming in the next month or so.

As for the mapper unit, working great. No EGR poo going through the intake makes me feel a lot better. The oil still goes black but this might settle after the next change. The way we are doing KM at the moment that will be next year. No point in winging just need to find a better job that allows some freedom.

Rusty.
    08 VX D4D, Lift, Safari Snorkle, Trailblazer Fridge, Custom Storeage System, BFG, ARB Safari Bar, Wife, Kids, Codan NGT HF Radio, Debt.
    06 100 Series Sahara, Bilteins, Kings, Beaudesert 3", Diff drop, Unichip Q4, Safari Intercooler, EGR delete, 20ft Bushtracker, Codan Envoy more coming.
    Sometimes i wake up Grumpy, most times i leave her sleep.

Comment

• Originally posted by virtaz View Post
      Is Manual Mapper still available? I messaged ozbush, no reply? Is he ok?
      Yes virtaz I am still here and Manual Mapper is still available. I am only extremely busy to come and look at the PP.
      Please email me if you have anything.
      My email is [email protected]
      Thanks
      Ozbush
      Last edited by Ozbush; 14-06-2016, 02:05 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

• Hi Gents,
        Good to be back in PP.
        I was and still extremely busy trying to develop new mapper.

A member called me and asking for waterproofing ability of the mapper.

The mapper is designed to be water tight. It may look like untidy(?) but inside of the mapper is fully sealed.
        All the electronics is epoxy resin molded and the rest of case inside is silicon filled so there is no open gap for water to be touched.
        All the wires are going through silicon sealing first and the switch is water proofed but we found it can't withstand high pressure water gun.
        The control knob is also water proofed too but I think it also can't withstand water gun.

You must realise having the current size of aluminium box then looking for water proofed parts was almost impossible.
        Not to mention finding good quality connectors. Many connectors looked same but it leaked water. So I had to buy very expensive connectors.

The current shape and size was the best compromise for what I can do for small and limited market that I wanted help people out for fun and yet I am trying to be military standard as much as I can.

If I truly wanted make military standard Manual Mapper then the size of the box will be 3-5 times bigger than what it is now because I will have to fit truly water proof military standard switch and control knob which is many times larger in size.

The electronic components I used also either high industry spec or military spec components. There are no parts which is made for consumer electronics which only meant to last few years.

The best solutions for full water proofing was in cabin controller which has no exposed parts at the main controller. All the controls are in cabin control box so the main unit in the engine bay is fully water proofed. In fact, you can operate in cabin manual mapper fully submerged in the water as long as you like. I tested for 2 weeks in the water and still worked fine. Every in cabin mapper I send out also go through water submerging test and field vib test too.

The wires used in the mapper are tin plated marine grade multi strand flexible wire with 500v insulation guaranteed. However, one of our member reported me that one of wire in the EGR harness actually broken by vibration near the EGR valve which was quite a surprise for me. What happen was main part of EGR harness was fixed in the main chassis very close to EGR valve then only very short wire was given to connect EGR valve so when the engine vibrates against main chassis it flexed too much and broke wire. I told him to wrap up with plastic conduit or insulation tape with giving long length to EGR valve, so it can flex with enough length.

So I don't really care much for how it looks like outside. I am satisfied with functionality without too much ugliness.
        But many PP members liked the package with price for what it does. I shipped so many units to Europe and US many loved package for what it is worth.

About New Manual Mapper:

The new mapper for digital MAF sensor is working fine in my Prado 150 as a prototype but not yet to be in full production.
        Because I have too many options to be tested and refined so it is taking time.
        I have tried to go for full production in June or July then I have a large pre-order from US for new mapper so I have given up for early release.

I am trying to use same aluminium die-cast box for new model with option connector for anyone want options. The whole reason is I have a very powerful computer chip is in the main unit and it is more than enough to care for other options so why not use main computer chip to do all the options with just one simple connector.
        I have now over 7 options list but I think I will drop some.

I am now trying to release new mapper around August which will give me enough time to do it right.
        But reminds you, I often used drop whole project at the last moment if I am not fully satisfied when I was young and pushy. It often drove company executive nuts.
        But some people will be depending their life on my designed equipment I had to do the right thing.

So guys if you have been waiting for new mapper then will be worth waiting.
        My apologies for not releasing in promised time but as you know.

Cheers

Ozbush.

PS: It's good to be back to PP.
        Ozbush
        Last edited by Ozbush; 14-06-2016, 04:17 PM.

Comment

• Hi Gents,
          I am taking my new mapper to Simpson desert to test on 9th of July.
          I will be crossing the desert from west to east bound through French line to Birdsville and visit Geo center on the way.
          I know it is off the subject but have a quick question.
          My question is I have brand new Bridgestone H/T tyres and using that to cross the desert. Do you think it is wise?
          I don't want throw away brand new tyres which only done 3000km.
          PM me if you could.
          Cheers
          Ozbush

Comment

• Hi Young.
            The Simpson is not too hard on tyres other than the gravel near Mt Dare and the road out of Birdsville. You shouldn't have any issues if you keep the pressures down as well as your speed.
            Enjoy the desert it is fabulous this time of the year. Bit cold at night but mild days.

Russell.
            08 VX D4D, Lift, Safari Snorkle, Trailblazer Fridge, Custom Storeage System, BFG, ARB Safari Bar, Wife, Kids, Codan NGT HF Radio, Debt.
            06 100 Series Sahara, Bilteins, Kings, Beaudesert 3", Diff drop, Unichip Q4, Safari Intercooler, EGR delete, 20ft Bushtracker, Codan Envoy more coming.

Comment

• excellent work. watching this space

Comment

• Hi Ozbush,
                I have a 2008 Prado D4D and have read on this forum about changing the mapping of the EGR so it is only open at idle. Does blocking this completely have any downside?
                I would also be interested in trialling your device.
                Kind regards
                Jon

Comment

• Originally posted by Rusty62 View Post
                  Hi Young.
                  The Simpson is not too hard on tyres other than the gravel near Mt Dare and the road out of Birdsville. You shouldn't have any issues if you keep the pressures down as well as your speed.
                  Enjoy the desert it is fabulous this time of the year. Bit cold at night but mild days.

Russell.
                  Hi Russell,
                  Thanks for your experienced advice.
                  I have been searching about that info but no-one could tell me that.
                  You convinced me.
                  I will post more after desert crossing.
                  Thanks again.
                  Ozbush

Comment

• Originally posted by Jonwood View Post
                    Hi Ozbush,
                    I have a 2008 Prado D4D and have read on this forum about changing the mapping of the EGR so it is only open at idle. Does blocking this completely have any downside?
                    I would also be interested in trialling your device.
                    Kind regards
                    Jon
                    Hi Jon,
                    Blocking EGR fully do not have any downside. If any it will increase the power output.
                    In early days I have been testing Manual Mapper with engine dynamometer, we found many good things about modifying few things.

To the facts of EGR (Exhaust Gas Re-circulation) system,
                    EGR system does not make your engine lose power output because it stops EGR function when you are in acceleration.
                    But it will enable EGR system back as soon as slight hint of acceleration is done and into cruise. In other words, EGR is on all the time!! Which feeds exhaust gas back into the inlet to lower the combustion temperature so that it can decrease the NOx gas emission.
                    In doing so it generates huge amount of cancer causing un-burnt fuel (Soot) which clogs up the inlet manifold with oil mist coming from crank case ventilation.

In the dynamometer testing, we found more power by blocking EGR system fully. It will help cruising and towing much more smoother and improved fuel economy.
                    Only downside is car computer will put up check engine light or MIL (Malfunction Indicator Light) when they see EGR is not working.
                    Many people who blocked EGR system put up with MIL for years but the danger is if there is other real problem arises then you wouldn't know.

If your car has done say 80,000km then there is fairly good chance that your inlet manifold is clogged up with thick cake of soot and blocking air flow. It causes bad fuel economy and poor acceleration and the worst thing of all is it will prematurely end your engine life by microscopic scratches caused by carbon. Some owner sent me a photo of his engine when he was re-building the engine that two of inlet valve were sitting on top of carbon scab above the valve seat which carbon scum was continuously build up as hard scab on top of valve seat and causing occasional miss fire and other surging problem when these things were broken off.

Another problem with EGR system is the EGR gas is cooled by EGR gas cooler which corrode and leaks the coolant ever so slowly until your cylinder head gets warped. This EGR gas cooler problem is universal to all makes and brands of diesel cars all over the world.

Another famous issue all over the world is when the brand new car gets old like say over 40,000km then the NOx gas emission is least of the problem, the main problem is blow-by gas from crank case which feed back into inlet to re-burn is increased exponentially that no car will pass initial total emission gas test when it was new.
                    In theory, you need to replace engine every 40,000km or so. This is the reason why you see so many second hand but almost brand new cars are coming from Japan which encouraged by government with high road tax as car gets older.

We in Australia don't need such incredibly complicated emission control system which doesn't even work half of the time.
                    Making you buy more car every few years causes more pollution and stress in my opinion.

I am an electronics engineer and I see new 200 series of 4wd cars coming out and see the engine bay full of electronics thinking I can't guarantee the reliability for our outback use. It must be for city and highway use. It has to be. I am scratching my head.

Cheers

Ozbush

Comment

• Hi Ozbush,
                      I have read your words above and I understand what you are saying which also worries me as my Pride and joy has 86000 k's on it now. I have asked in another thread how to remove the inlet manifold but no answers as yet. I am very interested in your mapper, it sounds like it could be the answer. If the mapper shuts down the EGR function, Do we still need to block off ? I look forward to more writing from you, thanks for your effort,
                      Kind regards
                      Jon
                      PS how can I get hold of a mapper for my Prado?
                      Last edited by Jonwood; 16-06-2016, 12:59 PM.

Comment

send him an email [email protected]
                        11/06 kdj120 gx wide body auto

Comment

• http://ozbushelectronics.com.au/page8.php

Or go to his web site.

Rusty.

Comment

Hi Ozbush,
                            I have read your words above and I understand what you are saying which also worries me as my Pride and joy has 86000 k's on it now. I have asked in another thread how to remove the inlet manifold but no answers as yet. I am very interested in your mapper, it sounds like it could be the answer. If the mapper shuts down the EGR function, Do we still need to block off ? I look forward to more writing from you, thanks for your effort,
                            Kind regards
                            Jon
                            Hi Jon,
                            The mapper does not shut down the EGR function unless I take out the car computer re-program the flash memory chip which has all the control software.
                            Our mapper simply emulates what car computer wants to see as a healthy emission control is at work.
                            Yes you need to block EGR system completely with full blanking plate. I don't believe in half job such as 7mm hole to let some exhaust gas back into inlet to satisfy car computer.
                            Taking out inlet manifold and cleaning out can be a hard work but not impossible.
                            Just take plenty of photos before you tear it down so you know where all the bits goes back.
                            I have done it myself to my Hilux 2 years ago and it took one whole weekend to do the job properly.
                            I regret that I forgot to take photo of inside of inlet manifold in heat of action.
                            It was only about 30% was open and rest was blocked by soot mud cake. You will be speechless when you see it.
                            It explained poor fuel economy and slow acceleration.
                            Just make sure you get spare gaskets, torque wrench, new injector seats from Toyota and clean environment when you are handling the fuel system to make sure no contaminants will ever enter fuel parts such as fuel line pipes and injectors. And most important of all to polish the injector ports before you reinsert injectors (don't swap around injectors put it back to the port you took it out).
                            Take notice for the the swirl control valve, I found mine was seized up.
                            I used just a big screw driver and sandpaper to scrap the hell out of those mud cakes and often dunking into petrol or kerosene.
                            In the end I ended up using wire brushes.
                            End result? my Hilux drove like new engine in breathing so nicely.
                            Try
                            Cheers,
                            Ozbush
                            Ozbush
                            Last edited by Ozbush; 20-06-2016, 01:39 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

• Hi Ozbush,
                              I have sent an email to you before I found your above reply. Thanks for your help. Have you or someone reading this got a full list of parts required if I chose to go ahead with removing manifold and cleaning and also doing injectors. Where is the best place to buy the blank plate or is it pretty easy to manufacture?
                              Kind regards
                              Jon

Comment

• Originally posted by Ozbush View Post
                                Hi Jon,
                                The mapper does not shut down the EGR function unless I take out the car computer re-program the flash memory chip which has all the control software.
                                Our mapper simply emulates what car computer wants to see as a healthy emission control is at work.
                                Yes you need to block EGR system completely with full blanking plate. I don't believe in half job such as 7mm hole to let some exhaust gas back into inlet to satisfy car computer.
                                Taking out inlet manifold and cleaning out can be a hard work but not impossible.
                                Just take plenty of photos before you tear it down so you know where all the bits goes back.
                                I have done it myself to my Hilux 2 years ago and it took one whole weekend to do the job properly.
                                I regret that I forgot to take photo of inside of inlet manifold in heat of action.
                                It was only about 30% was open and rest was blocked by soot mud cake. You will be speechless when you see it.
                                It explained poor fuel economy and slow acceleration.
                                Just make sure you get spare gaskets, torque wrench, new injector seats from Toyota and clean environment when you are handling the fuel system to make sure no contaminants will ever enter fuel parts such as fuel line pipes and injectors. And most important of all to polish the injector ports before you reinsert injectors (don't swap around injectors put it back to the port you took it out).
                                Take notice for the the swirl control valve, I found mine was seized up.
                                I used just a big screw driver and sandpaper to scrap the hell out of those mud cakes and often dunking into petrol or kerosene.
                                In the end I ended up using wire brushes.
                                End result? my Hilux drove like new engine in breathing so nicely.
                                Try
                                Cheers,
                                Ozbush
                                Sir,

To be clear it's not half a job, it's 93-98% of the job.
                                Reliable & Cheap too!
                                I don't believe in draining Pcv onto the road ways. That is as disgusting advice as the egr problem it's self.

Comment

canli bahis siteleri bahis siteleri ecebet.net
                                mencisport.com
                                antalya escort
                                tsyd.org deneme bonusu veren siteler
                                deneme bonusu veren siteler
                                gaziantep escort
                                gaziantep escort
                                asyabahis maltcasino olabahis olabahis
                                erotik film izle Rus escort gaziantep rus escort
                                atasehir escort tuzla escort
                                sikis sex hatti
                                en iyi casino siteleri
                                casibom
                                betticket istanbulbahis
                                Working...
                                X