No announcement yet.

GXL quote - Toyota won't budge!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GXL quote - advice on bargaining with Toyota?

[quote="Croozer"]Thanks guys,

Ill take your advice on the wheel cover and sensors, on reflection theyll be more hinderence than their money's worth. Has anyone requested Toyota fit ARB gear ie: bullbar & snorkel etc to their Prado prior to delivery and if so, was it that much more expensive than fitting it later directly with ARB? Im just thinking about warranty issues if I fit aftermarket gear myself, particularly the bullbar.[/quote
    mate give bathurst city toyota a call, only 2hrs from sydney, and maybe it will be worth it, they are pretty good, speak to matt he is a good bloke
    150 on order ??

Comment

Re: GXL quote - Toyota won't budge!

Originally posted by Croozer
      That's certainly what i would have thought - but I won't give up and will keep on trying. I sent a second group email out to another 15 dealerships across Sydney and just outside Sydney requesting a quote better than $57k drive away. Within 30min I had ten responses saying 'Can't do it - best of luck.' Once Ive exhausted all the dealerships in NSW Ill have to start enquiring interstate!
      Croozer, my thoughts would be that the group email can sometimes back fire as the dealers just get the shits as they think no loyalty to me, just after the best price. No good deals have ever been done over email or the phone normally, you need to get in their and negotiate. However if you have already contacted that many dealers you might not be in a good position to negotiate as they now know what you are after. You need to play your cards a bit closer.
      [b]Rob[/b]

[b]2016 Toyota Hilux SR5 D4D Auto Company Cruiser... [/b].
      [url=http://www.pradopoint.com/showthread.php?23866-Hutch-s-2012-150-GXL-V6-petrol-Auto]Hutch's 2012 Build up[/url]
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

We bought ours through a broker. Cost $138 and shaved thousands off the price, and it was much less hassle than dealing with a bunch of dealers to get a good price.

Michael
        2008 D4D M6 GXL [MT ATZ-P3][Whitey's Ironman 45710FE/45682FE+KTFR101H/Dob487][extended Roadsafe links][Polyairs][DBA T3/T2][amts diffdrop & recovery points][Tin175's stone guards][Bushskins BashPlate][ARB Sahara][IPF 900s][Snorkel][WindCheetah][MaxTrax][IC-440][Parrot Asteroid][ARB Fridge][Lifestyle 2nd Row Fridge Mount][ARB Compressor][Thumper][SandGrabbers][Cargo Barrier][Tigerz Awning][MCC Rear Bar]

Comment

Hey Croozer,

I just went through my lease stuff and I got my 08 (08 compliance, 07 build) M6 D4D Prado for $53,716 (inc GST) on the road.

That was with:

- Colour coded ARB bar with IPF foggies
          - Rear spoiler (the tinted plastic one, or dust deflector I think they call it)
          - Genuine Towbar
          - Rear sensors (hate em)
          - Mats
          - Dunlop AT3's (changed grandtreks to AT's)
          - Fleet discount of around $7k

I believe there has been a few price rises since then so the pricing may be a bit out of whack.

Hope this helps.

Crammy
          2008 GXL M6 D4D, Silver
          Build Up---> [url]http://www.pradopoint.com/viewtopic.php?t=2315[/url]

[b]{[/b]ATS Ridepro/Bilstein Lift[b]}[/b] [b]{[/b]Dual Batteries with RanOx Battery Booster[b]}[/b] [b]{[/b]600w Projecta 240v Inverter[b]}[/b] [b]{[/b]Dunlop AT3's / MT MTZ's on Speedy Grande Rims[b]}[/b] [b]{[/b]ARB Deluxe Winch Bar[b]}[/b] [b]{[/b]IPF900XS Spotties - Converted to 50w 4300k HID[b]}[/b] [b]{[/b]35w H4-3 4300k HID Hi-Lo Conversion[b]}[/b] [b]{[/b]ARB Underbonnet Compressor[b]}[/b] [b]{[/b]GME TX3440[b]}[/b] [b]{[/b]T-Max 10,000lb winch[b]}[/b] [b]{[/b]Safari Snorkel[b]}[/b] [b]{[/b]Milford Cargo Barrier[b]}[/b] [b]{[/b]Rhino HD Roofies & AT1410 Roof Tray[b]}[/b] [b]{[/b]60L Waeco[b]}[/b]
          [img]http://www.gifs.net/Animation11/Transportation/Cars/4_wheel_drive.gif[/img]

Comment

I haven't had any luck either. I currently have an order placed with a Perth dealer which cannot be filled.
            Apparently White or Charcoal 3ltr/auto GXL's are rare as rockinghorse poop and even Melb / Syd dealers aren't interested.
            Dealer said that Japan has stopped Prado production for May so cars will only become more difficult to obtain.

Given the new Prado has been unveiled at Perth dealers this week and they're saying deliveries will begin in September I can't say I'm surprised.

Very frustrating tho.
            2009 GXL D4D White Auto - ARB Duluxe Bar - Lightforce 240 Blitz spots - Icom IC440 CB - Bilstein shocks, Lovells 1.5" lift H/Duty coils - Polyairs - Tracklander Alloy roof cage and ladder - Maxtrax - rear work lights - PP Rear-door-table - Underfloor water tank - 275/65/17 BFG AT's - Ranox dual battery system - Rear door spacer - Safari snorkel - Steel sliders - ARB front and rear air lockers - ARB CKMTA12 onboard air compressor...

Comment

Given the new Prado has been unveiled at Perth dealers this week and they're saying deliveries will begin in September
              Given there is not one mention of the "New" Prado on the Australian, German, UK, US or even Japanese Toyota Motor Corp websites or has there been any release at any of the international motor shows then I'd say don't hold your breath....

I'm betting we won't see anything until next year.... and I imagine the overseas markets will see it before we do here in Oz.

Mick
              [CENTER][B][I][SIZE=1][COLOR=blue]1KZ-TE Turbo Diesel, 5 speed manual, 3.5 inch lift, 265/70/17 Mickey Thompson MTZ, D-Tronic chip, Boost controller, mandrel exhaust, dump pipe, modified intake, ARB steel bar, Magnum winch, Safari snorkel, rear drawers, half cargo barrier, dual batteries, Uniden UHF, Sat Nav, reverse camera, Magellan XL , Tjm bash plates, ARB alloy roof rack, rear telescopic work light and numerous other modifications!!!
              Now with 3BAR MAP sensor & 18PSI Boost![/COLOR][/SIZE][/I][/B][/CENTER]

Comment

I think the method here might be to get a quote from one dealer, and then take that to another dealer and see what mileage you can get. You just need to be a little tactful when you do it though because as soon as you ask for a quote only, the sales reps know exactly what you're up to. I tried it at one dealer and they flat refused, saying that I could take the deal discussed there that day or leave it. If I needed time to reconsider, the details could be saved and I'd have to wear any subsequent market variations. Maybe if you said to them you wanted to take a quote home and think about it you might get somewhere. I suspect that dealers might have been told to tighten their belts a bit by Toyota Australia and be much firmer on prices, given Toyota's (along with everyone else's) downturn in sales. Seems the prices you've been quoted are all close together making me think that there's a magic number in there that cannot be crossed right now.

It's almost unbelievable the complete blackout Toyota has managed concerning the new Prado. Only rumor and one spy pic on the entire web. Film companies and record labels could learn something from them I'm thinking.
                [b]#[/b] 2007 D4D GX [b]#[/b] Full Privacy Tint [b]#[/b] [color=#FF0000][b] Flinders Red [/b][/color] [b]#[/b] 2 x HID LightForce 240 Blitz [b]#[/b] ARB Winch Bar [b]#[/b] Alloy Rims [b]#[/b] Hilux Washer Jets [b]#[/b] Stebel Nautilus Compact Truck Horn [b]#[/b] ARB Alloy Roof Rack [b]#[/b] ARB Dual Battery System [b]#[/b] Charcoal Rough Country Canvas Seat Covers [b]#[/b] [color=#0000FF]Suspension:[/color]Autocraft Bilstein Shocks/Struts & Ridepro Coils [b]#[/b] [color=#0000FF]L.E.D[/color] Side Marker Lights [b]#[/b] ARB Onboard Air [b]#[/b] Pirelli Scorpion LT ATR 265/70's [b]#[/b][color=#0080FF]--Custom 3"exhaust---[/color]

Comment

I should clarify my earlier quote that the New Parado was unveiled in Perth. I should have said that it was to the dealers senior management only. Pre-release display/etc of pics/specs. Even then no material whatsoever was left behind. Toyota were apparently full-on about keeping it hush hush and giving the market a real wake-up.

It went like this:

1. Spy pic on web is nothing like the real thing;
                  2. Real body is a cross between Kluger and 200 series;
                  3. 7 seater only with rear seats folding into floor like Disco 3;
                  4. 150 ltr capacity due to space needed in rear for seats;
                  5. Petrol gets the 201kw V6 out of the Kluger/Rav4;
                  6. Diesel is the same motor but up by 30% in power and 20% better fuel economy;
                  7. New electronic technology will revolutionise 4wd's in this maket space, with new, more sophisticated 4wd system. Much the same as the Prado did before when it was first released.
                  8. Wheels are up to 18's and even 19's in the Grande.
                  9. Bull bars etc are curently in design and will be available for release when launched in Sep 09 following Melb motor show.

I don't claim to be an expert. I can only go on the DP's comments when I was seeking to buy a new car: "you'd be mad to buy one of these...keep the VX for a few months and get the new one"
                  2009 GXL D4D White Auto - ARB Duluxe Bar - Lightforce 240 Blitz spots - Icom IC440 CB - Bilstein shocks, Lovells 1.5" lift H/Duty coils - Polyairs - Tracklander Alloy roof cage and ladder - Maxtrax - rear work lights - PP Rear-door-table - Underfloor water tank - 275/65/17 BFG AT's - Ranox dual battery system - Rear door spacer - Safari snorkel - Steel sliders - ARB front and rear air lockers - ARB CKMTA12 onboard air compressor...

Comment

Originally posted by Bankrupt
                    7. New electronic technology will revolutionise 4wd's in this maket space, with new, more sophisticated 4wd system. Much the same as the Prado did before when it was first released.
                    8. Wheels are up to 18's and even 19's in the Grande.
                    "
                    If its true then I'm glad I got the current model. Having had Range Rovers for years I can tell you that "whiz bang" technology goes more "bang" than "wizz". Limp home mode is fine within 20kms of a dealer but 1000kms is a long way to limp. Range Rover also went 18 wheels, but they were low profile and useless out west - hope the new prado doesn't get too suburban.
                    [color=#000080][b]Stephen[/b][/color]
                    [color=#BF0000]Aug 2008 GXL D4D Auto, White, Toyota Sovereign Alloy BB, Toyota Tow Bar, VIP Protector II Elect Rust Protection, Toyota Rubber Floor Mats, Toyota Cross Bars, Uniden UHF UH400SX-RM, AusGuard Cargo Barrier, TJM Snorkel, Diff/Trans/Auto Breathers, Platinum Seatcovers, Dual Batteries (Piranha Battery Tray, Redarc Isolator, Exide ED5), Maxtrax [/color]

Comment

Hi Croozer - I brought roughly the same optioned GXL D4D auto with option pack 1 tow bar etc in September 2008 for a bit under $60K registered on road - business. I would look at what previous members have said - try a broker or look elsewhere outside NSW. Yes end of financial year is coming up and might have better luck then. Cheers Mark
                      GXL D4D AUTO, Option Pack 1, DEPK from Toyota Motorsport, Toyota Tow Bar, Build July 08, ARB Dual Battery, Scanguage II, 50mm Lift from AutoCraft, TJM Airtec Snorkel, ORS 2 Drawer setup, 35 Litre Water Tank, Half Cargo Barrier, BFG AT, ARB Sahara Bar, Bushranger Hot Water System (and it works well), Tigerz11 12,000lb with rope, and other bits

Comment

Hi, I know what you mean when you say the dealers will not shift on the price. I tried and there was no dealing to be done. I was given a vehicle price, which included the fleet discount, and then I was shown the cost price list for accessories and told that was the best I could get. I had to sit there and work into my budget the accessories I could afford. I this same sort of response from 3 large dealerships in Perth.

I started on bronze fleet, but waited a few weeks before buying as they brought out the March deal which was Gold fleet pricing. Only saved me a few grand, but a few weeks wait was worth it.

I also planned to buy an 08 over the 09 as the price was discounted about $4000 I think, but they didn't have charcoal so I went with the 09.

When I signed the contract for the 09 I thought servicing was capped at $180 (as I was looking at 08 models originally), I didn't know, nor was I told at the time that servicing was increased to $210. Was a little shocked to be handed the servicing cost at the time I picked up the car.

I have a friend who brought the same model as me and from what I have heard his pricing was similar to mine, and I was a little surprised as I hear he brought it through a friend who works in the fleet section.
                        [size=0][i][b]2009 Charcoal V6 GXL Prado:[/b] [/size][size=0]OEM Tow bar + rear recovery point - PP Front recovery points - Just Straps Recovery Gear - 40L Engel on Waeco slide - RanOx 100Ah AGM portable dual battery system - Rhino 1512 Roof Rack on factory rails - PP spare tyre spacer - DIY Rear drawers - Staun tyre deflators - Hilux washer jets[/i][/size]

Comment

I picked up my 09 GXL in January (19th). Because I ordered in 2008 and was supposed to be delivered 24th December I got it as per contract price and escaped the 09 price rise because it was their fault they couldn't deliver. Also my servicing is capped at $180 as I signed up under 2008 conditions.

Toyota have just announced their first annual loss. When you look at the saturday papers and see all the GX and GXls offered by dealers such as Newtown, Big Rock, etc they must be prepared for some negotiation. They have stacks of 08 models that were ordered by the rental yards only to have the downtown in the mining industry force them to reneg on taking the cars.

I got offered a GX for $52,000 bog stock but with colour coded bumpers and steel GXL rims not the skinny 225s as per stock GX. Colours were white or silver. ABS and additonal airbags were extra. I ended up with my GXL because I wanted the Dune colour. Cost $65,000 to drive away from base price of $59,990. Nobody wanted my 98 GXL as a trade in so I now have 2 Prados!
                          Dave
                          Views expressed are mine alone and are not intended to compromise the integrity of my employer nor offend those who may read such views.
                          Bugger Bali, get out and see Australia before we sell it all to China.

Comment

Well after two weeks my dealer walked away from my order today saying they couldn't supply a GXL diesel auto in any colour. They claim there is absolutely no stock in WA that isn't already spoken for, and that Eastern States dealers wouldn't give any up due to then being so rare.

Also commented that many dealers were signing people up when they knew no cars were available. Be VERY careful if you sign a deal in the near future as a 3% price rise is due on 1July and dealers will be legally allowed to impose it on you (Unless you strike it out of the contract of course)

I'm totally bummed as we have a 6+ week trip planned in July / August and were hoping to cross paths with those on the GTG.

Looks like it will be in jeopary now.

If anyone knows of any cars lying around at dealers I'd appreciate any heads up. MY deal was $62 on road with metalic paint, tint, carpet mats, tow pack, reverse park, headlight and bonnet protectors as well as window shields and rear deflector...oh and a insect screen.

Sorry for taking over this thread.

Comment

It seems all you guys who bought a little earlier ('08 or thereabouts) may have hit the jackpot as far as decent discounts go; as it appears reasonable discounts have now been flung aside at Toyota dealerships with $60-$62k being the minimum magic number for GXL Prados. My local dealership always had a couple of GXL D4D autos in the yard as they were always able to move them. Now, they have a yard full of petrols (which don't seem to be turning over all that quickly) with not a D4D in sight. They got a GXL D4D in last week which sold in three days. I ended up getting information from a mate's brother who works in Toyota corporate. He indicated I should expect a difficult time getting D4D Prados for a while, and if I could hang out I'd probably be better off waiting for the new Prado later this year. I think I may heed his advice and just watch the market for a while. I think I'd still prefer the current model - even though its starting to show its age a little (not that I mind) and if I can get my hands on one before June 30 I will. Otherwise, there may be an all new Prado sitting in my garage later this year.
                              Croozer

...gone walk-a-bout.

Comment

Originally posted by Bankrupt
                                Well after two weeks my dealer walked away from my order today saying they couldn't supply a GXL diesel auto in any colour. They claim there is absolutely no stock in WA that isn't already spoken for, and that Eastern States dealers wouldn't give any up due to then being so rare.

Also commented that many dealers were signing people up when they knew no cars were available. Be VERY careful if you sign a deal in the near future as a 3% price rise is due on 1July and dealers will be legally allowed to impose it on you (Unless you strike it out of the contract of course)

I'm totally bummed as we have a 6+ week trip planned in July / August and were hoping to cross paths with those on the GTG.

Looks like it will be in jeopary now.

If anyone knows of any cars lying around at dealers I'd appreciate any heads up. MY deal was $62 on road with metalic paint, tint, carpet mats, tow pack, reverse park, headlight and bonnet protectors as well as window shields and rear deflector...oh and a insect screen.

Sorry for taking over this thread.

Hey Bankrupt Grand Toyota has what they stated the last d4d gxl in Perth i was in there on Saturday by the way it's silver.
                                [url=http://www.fuelly.com/driver/jogal/hilux][img]http://www.fuelly.com/sig-metric/51196.png[/img][/url]

Comment

canli bahis siteleri bahis siteleri ecebet.net
                                mencisport.com
                                antalya escort
                                tsyd.org deneme bonusu veren siteler
                                deneme bonusu veren siteler
                                gaziantep escort
                                gaziantep escort
                                asyabahis maltcasino olabahis olabahis
                                erotik film izle Rus escort gaziantep rus escort
                                atasehir escort tuzla escort
                                sikis sex hatti
                                en iyi casino siteleri
                                casibom
                                betticket istanbulbahis
                                Working...
                                X