Squeaky 120 series range selector boot / removing selector knob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squeaky 120 series range selector boot / removing selector knob

The boot around the low/high range selector boot on my 120 Series squeaks like a mad thing and drives me mad. I can stop it by holding the selector to stop it vibrating. I can change the squeak by twisting the neck of the boot around - but it soon reverts to normal squeaking.

I have tried squirting WD40 and silicon lube between the shaft and the neck, but this has resulted in absolutely no change.

It might be easier to attack the problem if I could get the knob off - anyone know how it comes-off ?

Originally posted by steerage250 View Post
    The boot around the low/high range selector boot on my 120 Series squeaks like a mad thing and drives me mad. I can stop it by holding the selector to stop it vibrating. I can change the squeak by twisting the neck of the boot around - but it soon reverts to normal squeaking.

I have tried squirting WD40 and silicon lube between the shaft and the neck, but this has resulted in absolutely no change.

It might be easier to attack the problem if I could get the knob off - anyone know how it comes-off ?
    It just unscrews - lefty loosey - righty tighty...

My 120 squeaks a bit from the gear levers, I just use some leather conditioner on the leather boot and it goes away for a while.
    Silver '04 KZJ120~Manual~GXL~Dobinson/Kings lift~Custom valved Ironmans~Detroit Locker~Endless Air~X9 Superwinch~Madman EMS1~TJM Dual Battery~Rhino Roof Tray~120W solar panel~Foxwing awning~Bushskinz UVP~Long Ranger water tank~Bushman fridge~Steinbauer P-Box~Beaudesert 2 3/4"~Airtec Snorkel~TJM Sliders~Prico Boost Gauge~BFG-KO2s~TPMS~GME TX3420~Front and Rear Cameras~Ultimate Camper hanging off the back!

Comment

Originally posted by adrian5800 View Post

It just unscrews - lefty loosey - righty tighty...
      Thanks Adrian, I hope I've solved the problem just by unscrewing it 2 turns so it doesn't clamp down so tight on the collar of the boot. Fingers crossed.

Comment

Working...
      X