Prado 150 v Landcruiser 200 Series

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prado 150 v Landcruiser 200 Series

Thinking about moving from my 2011 Prado 150 Diesel to the Diesel V8 Landcruiser and have concerns about big difference in running costs. Anyone made this move of have experience of servicing and fueling?

Any thoughts or advice greatly appreciated.

No doubt about it mate, more money spent on fuel, rego costs more and most likely so will insurance. Buy a new Prado and spend $10k enhancing the motor. Unless you have a large Caravan, boat and horses stick with a Prado mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Hostile1 View Post
      No doubt about it mate, more money spent on fuel, rego costs more and most likely so will insurance. Buy a new Prado and spend $10k enhancing the motor. Unless you have a large Caravan, boat and horses stick with a Prado mate.
      What exactly "motor enhancing" are you talking of?
      September 2016 GX Auto, D4D, Black, Stock standard.

Comment

the kind that makes the engine go boom or just throw codes all day

maybe the enhancement that doesn't allow 4th and 5th gears to operate normally?

Comment

Originally posted by Hornet View Post

What exactly "motor enhancing" are you talking of?
          Remap, turbo upgrade, piggyback computer, induction upgrade, exhaust, fuel pump upgrade, intercooler upgrade. (enhancments) If you are interested in this sort of thing then I would find a reputable mechanic/tuner and have a chat. Use the same method that has been working since cars were invented.

Fast, reliable, cheap, you can only ever pick two.

I would avoid some "forum opinions" as changing the factory wheels just might void your warrenty.

Comment

200 Cruiser over a Prado anyday of the week. Chalk and cheese to drive.. the 200 will tow all day without raising a sweat. Fuel economy isn't too bad even when towing.. And Yes, I have had both.

Comment

I guess the other factor is new or 2nd hand vehicle.
              The superiority of the 200 whether towing or just driving as a limo is clear and yes servicing will cost a bit more.
              If towing an identical load on the highway, the difference in fuel used is not worth consideration. Around town the 200 will drink more.
              If the 200's transmission computer is tweaked or converter lock fitted, you'll be towing at 100 and 1500 rpm just about anywhere.
              Your Cruiser has a bigger sump and a difficult to access oil filter. Only every 10,000k though.
              But any work on the engine will take much more labour than the 4-cylinder diesel Prado. Items like starter motor or turbos are almost an engine out job.
              A 2nd hand purchase would need a thorough inspection from someone who knows 200's, not just RACQ etc.

Comment

Working...
              X