What did you do to your 90 today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tonz View Post
    online and in the common shop out lets , i didnt find a suitable electronic antena that was a universal model wich would fit. super cheap had one also for about 60 odd dollas but the thread was just a little short ... i settled for now on a holden antenna as the 90 s have an out let at about 45% angle . and as well as a small area of space under means that it is almost compatible with the holden standard antenna . non electronic. .. it just fit with minor modifications and was only about 20 bucks..
    it will do for now . till i think of something better.
    I'm thinking of running 2 antennas..or is that "antennae"? One 3 dBi and one about 9 with a line splitter between them. In any event I want to change my antenna as its running on a snapped UHF cable that I've just twisted and taped together.

Comment

• the cheapo holden job i did is working fine but it sounds like twisting and taping also works! . its a tricky one. i did like the automatic one when it wasnt busted but thats how it goes . they are all getting old now so the 90 series are going to start having some make shift jobs to get them through.

Comment

• I changed the power steering fluid today (KZ) and fixed the wheel cap the tyre fitters broke, well bent the tabs on at least, so it was loose, when I got new tyres on Thursday. The fluid must have been the original. I replaced it with Penrite Power Steering Fluid very good stuff. The manuals never say to change it in the service schedule but I think it is a good thing to do every once in a while. I also got a 12V compressor from Repco 85 litre per minute unit 125 PSI I believe, also got some other goodies for the upcoming 5k service. The tyres are Kumho AT51's seem okay so far just road driving. Might need to take it for a wheel alignment as the tyre fitters who did the "alignment" just adjusted toe and not camber or castor. Now pulls to the right. No printout of course. Anyone know if a decent tyre place that is capable of toe, camber, castor alignments exists in Victoria? If so please let us know. I've yet to find one. The only one I have knew of was one I worked at twenty years ago one guy and myself would actually adjust these and get it right rather than pretend camber and castor adjustment don't exist.
        Oh yeah it was actually me who put the tyre shine on and claeaned up the tyre in the tyre pic. The fitters had left tyre lube stains splattered all over the tyres... I know that sounds wrong... but that's what they did when they were fitting the tyres onto the rims. Their greasy prints are still on this rim though. At least they weren't over the whole car like the time I took a different car to Jax Preston.

Comment

• Hey guys, long time no post! The Mighty Green Garbage Truck has been through some changes recently. After it got smacked in the front end with minimal damage and taking a cash payout on the insurance, Iíve got a brand new bullbar and had enough left over for some BFG M/Ts.

Anyway, yesterday I put the car up on the hoist to change the oil and also diagnose some front squeaks and wobbles. After finding a multitude of bushes dried and cracked I noticed my front brake lines were looking a little shabby.

So today Iíve replaced all five brake lines and flushed the brake fluid through.

Next week though? All new lower control arm bushes and lower ball joints will be done, which Iím really not looking forward too and a handful of bushes down in the rear will be done as well.

In a a month or two... another timing belt.

412xxx kms on the clock and this motor is still pretty tight. Worth spending the money on the old girl.

Comment

• Hey guys, long time no post! The Mighty Green Garbage Truck has been through some changes recently. After it got smacked in the front end with minimal damage and taking a cash payout on the insurance, Iíve got a brand new bullbar and had enough left over for some BFG M/Ts.

Anyway, yesterday I put the car up on the hoist to change the oil and also diagnose some front squeaks and wobbles. After finding a multitude of bushes dried and cracked I noticed my front brake lines were looking a little shabby.

So today Iíve replaced all five brake lines and flushed the brake fluid through.

Next week though? All new lower control arm bushes and lower ball joints will be done, which Iím really not looking forward too and a handful of bushes down in the rear will be done as well.

In a a month or two... another timing belt.

412xxx kms on the clock and this motor is still pretty tight. Worth spending the money on the old girl.

Comment

Working...
            X