Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: pricing for the 150

Spot on mcsumway,
    I have an 08 GXL auto diesel on lease plan. Was going to lease a new GXL every year (works out cheaper for me with resale prices... long story) went to put order in for new GXL around August for delivery late september and was told No 120 models left and new 150 model not due till mid November BUMMER. re financed my 08 GXL for another 12 months. Was going to get option pack on my new one but it comes standard on new 150 model GXL . So the new GXL 150's are about $3 to $4k dearer but you are getting much more value for that in the 150's. I will buy a standard GXL auto diesel and get the toyota accessories i want separately as you will pay luxury tax on any extras as well!! tow bars i was told are dearer as there is more involved in making them? same as 200 series and the kluggers so you will find you arb's and tjm's prices will also reflect this. Bull bar wait is a pain. prob march april till arb make one? like the look of them better then toyota. From memory 120's auto diesel GXL was recommended retail for about $61k but early this year you could get them for $58k drive away. so 150 prices will come down after all the demand has died down a bit? Remember there was a gap in prado sales as well. couldn't buy old 120's and couldn't buy new 150's for about 3 months.

p.s only thing i don't like about new GXL's are 3rd row seats! i bought a lifestyle rack for my 120 GXL that clips into 3rd row seat pivot points. rack allows space in cargo area to be seperated. 40l engle sits on top and you can put a golf bag under rack for example. Hope someone is able to sort this rear cargo area out! what a backward step in situation anyway :evil:

Cheers
    Klanny

Comment

Price from Ian weigh motors

NS PRADO GXL AUTO T/DIESEL 5 DOOR WAGON

Vehicle price $57093.71
      Super white paint - no charge
      Dealer delivery $1298

Subtotal $58391.71
      On roads (QLD) non taxable $678

Stamp duty $1887

Vehicle total $60956.71
      GST $5839.17
      Luxury car tax $2115.26

Total amount payable including GST $68911.14

That price was in Rockhampton central Queensland. auto diesel white GXL drive away,

Comment

Originally posted by bilo33prado

Vehicle price $57093.71
        Dealer delivery $1298

Subtotal $58391.71

Stamp duty $1887

Vehicle total $60956.71
        GST $5839.17
        Luxury car tax $2115.26

That price was in Rockhampton central Queensland. auto diesel white GXL drive away,

They are having a go at you on the LCT, it is appliad only on any amount GST EXCLUSIVE over $57180.

so car price $57093.71 +
        dealer delivery $ 1298
        Stamp duty $1887. (stamp duty is a Duty not a Tax, so all taxes including LCT are applied to it, same as GST is applied to it, a rip off a tax on a tax, but what can you do?)

Sub total $60278.71

less $57180 LCT threshold $3098.71 this amount is the ammount that is taxable by both GST and LCT

so $3098.71 X 33 % =$1022

+ GST $6027.87
        on road non taxable $ 678.00

Total $68005.

it is only $900 od diference, but my dealer tried to do the same, applied the LCT to all cost inc tax exclusive ones rego and green slip, was off by around $700. cheerfully admited a mess up when it was pointed out.

how many people get hood winked I dont know.

my price of $63900. Metalic GXL TD auto drive away is looking good.

off that I get my GST of approx $5800 back.

then get a 50% of Pre GST cost off taxable income (small buisiness) so that is around $28000. of my taxable income or around $11,000. of tax I dont have to pay at my tax rate.

Brings it back to around $48,000. drive away after tax, cheaper than a 2006-2007 D4D.
        2010 VX

Comment

Originally posted by Eugene

Vehicle price $57093.71
          Dealer delivery $1298

Subtotal $58391.71

Stamp duty $1887

Vehicle total $60956.71
          GST $5839.17
          Luxury car tax $2115.26

They are having a go at you on the LCT, it is appliad only on any amount GST EXCLUSIVE over $57180.

so car price $57093.71 +
          dealer delivery $ 1298
          Stamp duty $1887. (stamp duty is a Duty not a Tax, so all taxes including LCT are applied to it, same as GST is applied to it, a rip off a tax on a tax, but what can you do?)

Sub total $60278.71

less $57180 LCT threshold $3098.71 this amount is the ammount that is taxable by both GST and LCT

so $3098.71 X 33 % =$1022

+ GST $6027.87
          on road non taxable $ 678.00

Total $68005.

it is only $900 od diference, but my dealer tried to do the same, applied the LCT to all cost inc tax exclusive ones rego and green slip, was off by around $700. cheerfully admited a mess up when it was pointed out.

how many people get hood winked I dont know.

my price of $63900. Metalic GXL TD auto drive away is looking good.

off that I get my GST of approx $5800 back.

then get a 50% of Pre GST cost off taxable income (small buisiness) so that is around $28000. of my taxable income or around $11,000. of tax I dont have to pay at my tax rate.

Brings it back to around $48,000. drive away after tax, cheaper than a 2006-2007 D4D.

Nice If i give you $49000 can you buy me one :lol:
          You seem to know your numbers, here's q quote for same car but a lease plan price with discounts. can you see if these numbers stack up?

Vehicle price $57093.71
          EMPLOYEE PACKAGE dISCOUNT -$2500-
          Dealer delivery $525

Subtotal $55118.71

Stamp duty $1917

Vehicle total $57713.71
          GST $5511.87
          Luxury car tax $1035.71

Total amount payable including GST $64260.75

Couple interesting notes, why is dealer delivery different price and why is stamp duty different price. Both quotes from same dealer and car but last quote was a salary sacrifice price. LCT prob wrong again???

interesting to see break down of prices from other dealers and states?

Cheers
          Klanny

Comment

Bugger me! Toyota were always a dab hand at the rape and pillage bit (pricing, I mean), but now they've elevated to an even higher plane... nucking futs if you ask me.

Quotes for $70K for a GXL??? I know guys who bought 120 Grandes for that sort of dough.

I love my Toyotas as much as the next guy, but there will be plenty who will gravitate to other brands quicker than you can say "F###ing Pajero Driver" and pocket the $20K-$30K difference (when it comes to the daftly named Kakadu, at least).

Many of us will be making our beloved 120's last the distance. Must admit 180litres v 150litres is a big deal for me...

If you're going to drop $100K on a 4WD, why wouldnt you just go to a 200 VX or Sahara? Or even a Disco, if you're a computer genius and mechanic...

For those that take the leap into the 150's, congratulations - always a good feeling jumping into something new... I am sure you will feel every bit as good as I did when I got mine...

Comment

Now Toyota are trying to tell us that at these prices a 150 Prado is value for money!!!!! :roll:

http://news.toyota.com.au/new-prado-big-value-all-round

The whole point of this new technology is to filter it down as a standard inclusion when it becomes 'old technology'
              Look at how it was once a premium to get ABS and disc brakes. Now you get it on even the most basic cars.
              Those saying that now you get things like traction control etc on the GXL which was a $2000 plus option on the 120 series is why the new 150 is more expensive doesn't cut it. Sure I'd be happy to pay more for the new technologies like KDSS etc.

Value for money. No not really.

Seems Toyota are sensing that people are not willing to pay for their new overpriced Prado.

Wasn't too fussed about the pricing(actually I was :wink: ) until they decided to make these ridiculous media releases. From their release:

"With entry level models priced substantially below the current market expectation for such a high-spec vehicle, new Prado presents great value for money"

So who on here agrees with this?

Seems as though the majority on here have bitched about the higher pricing for spec level compared to the pajero etc.

Are the ones not happy with Toyota's pricing the outspoken ones on this site?

I must have had a long week :lol:

cheers

J

Comment

There is no doubt that the new 150 is expensive. But for my money they are still way cheaper than X5(made in USA) or the Disco. I am waiting on a VX and have never spent so much on a new vehicle, however I feel that I am getting a far better vehicle than the BMW and dont start me on the Disco. I am coming back to Toyota after 2 Discos. The Disco I am leaving has been a mechanical piece of poop. I guess I might be dissapointed with Toyota but had a Hilux then a Landcruiser and both were rock solid. Come to think of it not sure why I drifted to LandRover for the past 10 years. My mistake.
                Sorry for the rant but I can not wait to get the new bus

Comment

Originally posted by Eugene
                  The ATO says:

"Luxury car tax (LCT) is a tax of 33% imposed on the GST-inclusive value of luxury cars over the relevant LCT threshold. You must generally pay LCT when you sell or import a luxury car. You must pay LCT as well as any goods and services tax (GST) payable." and

"The LCT value is the price of the car less any:
                  ? LCT included in the supply
                  ? any other Australian tax, fee or charge other than GST and
                  customs duty.
                  The price of the car should include:
                  ? GST and any customs duty
                  ? dealer delivery charges, and
                  ? standard and statutory warranties.
                  Generally it does not include any other Australian tax, fee or
                  charges (for example, stamp duty, transfer fees, registration,
                  compulsory third-party insurance, extended warranties and
                  costs associated with financing the purchase of the car)."

So it would appear your example should be:
                  car price $57093.71 + dealer delivery $ 1298 = $58391.71
                  GST = $5839.17
                  Price = $64230.88
                  Less $57180 = $7050.88
                  LCT = $7050.88/1.1*.33 = $2115.26
                  Total Cost = $64230.88 + $2115.26 + $1887 +$678 = $68995.14

Therefore the quote to bilo33prado was probably correct.
                  [FONT="Arial"][SIZE="1"][color=#008040]Was Prado 150 GXL T/D auto, graphite, tint, factory towbar, D697LT, Autosafe cargo barrier, ARB deluxe bar, ABR-Sidewinder dual battery & monitor, GME TX3440, ARB fridge, Safari snorkel, Maxtrax, Tekonsha P3, ScanGaugeII, OME suspension, Tigerz11 winch, TG150, Now Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo with QL and ORAII[/size][/color][/FONT]

Comment

If i give you $49000 can you buy me one :lol:
                    You seem to know your numbers, here's q quote for same car but a lease plan price with discounts. can you see if these numbers stack up?

Vehicle price $57093.71
                    EMPLOYEE PACKAGE dISCOUNT -$2500-
                    Dealer delivery $525

Subtotal $55118.71

Stamp duty $1917

Vehicle total $57713.71
                    GST $5511.87
                    Luxury car tax $1035.71

Total amount payable including GST $64260.75

Couple interesting notes, why is dealer delivery different price and why is stamp duty different price. Both quotes from same dealer and car but last quote was a salary sacrifice price. LCT prob wrong again???

interesting to see break down of prices from other dealers and states?

Cheers
                    Klanny
                    Your figures seem to add up OK to me although I think registration should be $671 and stamp duty should be $1819.

I was quoted by a Brisbane dealer for the same vehicle salary sacrificed as follows:

Vehicle price $57093.71
                    Metallic Paint $363.64
                    Window tint $300
                    EMPLOYEE PACKAGE dISCOUNT -$2326.23
                    Dealer delivery $1495.45

Subtotal $56926.57

Stamp duty $1971

Vehicle total $57713.71
                    GST $5692.66
                    Luxury car tax $1631.77

Total amount payable including GST $66900

The dealer made it quite clear that as they couldn't keep up with demand, they were not interested in doing good deals.

I also got a quote from our fleet management company and although it is hard to decipher actual costs from the way they present the quote, they appear to offer a discount of more like $4000.

I also got a quote from them for a GLS Pajero which seems the closest to the Prado GXL although it lacks reversing camera and a few other small items and is around $2000 cheaper to start with. Again, it is difficult to determine actual costs but it appears to be around $7000 cheaper than the Prado due mainly to a larger discount. Although I am happy to pay extra for the Prado, that big a difference is hard to justify.

I might just have to hang out a bit longer until Toyota is prepared to offer better discounts or alternatively go with the Pajero.
                    [FONT="Arial"][SIZE="1"][color=#008040]Was Prado 150 GXL T/D auto, graphite, tint, factory towbar, D697LT, Autosafe cargo barrier, ARB deluxe bar, ABR-Sidewinder dual battery & monitor, GME TX3440, ARB fridge, Safari snorkel, Maxtrax, Tekonsha P3, ScanGaugeII, OME suspension, Tigerz11 winch, TG150, Now Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo with QL and ORAII[/size][/color][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny
                      Those saying that now you get things like traction control etc on the GXL which was a $2000 plus option on the 120 series is why the new 150 is more expensive doesn't cut it.
                      Which is kind of interesting as other car manufacturers just include Traction Control across the range as a standard technolgy, always have but make rear diff lockers the optional purchase

Comment

Originally posted by BIGBLACKDOG
                        There is no doubt that the new 150 is expensive. But for my money they are still way cheaper than X5(made in USA) or the Disco. I am waiting on a VX and have never spent so much on a new vehicle, however I feel that I am getting a far better vehicle than the BMW and dont start me on the Disco. I am coming back to Toyota after 2 Discos. The Disco I am leaving has been a mechanical piece of poop. I guess I might be dissapointed with Toyota but had a Hilux then a Landcruiser and both were rock solid. Come to think of it not sure why I drifted to LandRover for the past 10 years. My mistake.
                        Sorry for the rant but I can not wait to get the new bus
                        i think it may be expensive but after sitting down and looking at what the vx does offer above and beyond i believe it to be worth it, what other car offers for example the headlights a vx has, the xenon and the lights also self adjust and also turn when u turn into a corner, go back say 5 to 6 years and this wasn't even offered on a grande.. even the gxl may be pricey but looking at what comes standard now i reckon it's pretty much worth it..
                        150 on order ??

Comment

Originally posted by BIGBLACKDOG
                          There is no doubt that the new 150 is expensive. But for my money they are still way cheaper than X5(made in USA) or the Disco. I am waiting on a VX and have never spent so much on a new vehicle,
                          I'm in the same situation as you BBD except this is my first 4WD. I ordered my VX last Tuesday and get it on Monday 3 more sleeps to go :!:

Geoff
                          Geoff
                          2009 150 series Silver VX auto V6

Comment

Got a Quote on new 150 GXL today.

$70400-on road :shock: :shock: :shock:

Smart arse salesman said that if I traded my current '04 Prado we could work out a price for the trade.
                            Then get this :wink: He would reduce my trade-in price by a few K then reduce the OR price of the 150 by the same amount.
                            This way I would save money :shock: -Reduction in LC tax-He still makes a killing :evil:

Not to be outdone a said I would go home and discuss it with the other half :P

DEAL DEAD IN THE WATER!!

Nick

Comment

Originally posted by troy_i
                              even the gxl may be pricey but looking at what comes standard now i reckon it's pretty much worth it..
                              I think the 150 GX is pretty good in comparison to the 120 GXL. Even though the prices have gone up a leap, the equipment level has gone up too, but I still think it's too expensive.

Comment

Be aware when adding accessories to your new vehicle price that the dealer doesn't calculate the Luxury Car Tax on the additional cost of the accessories. 33% on a $2,000 bullbar is a lot of dough.

johnv

Comment

canli bahis siteleri bahis siteleri ecebet.net
                                mencisport.com
                                antalya escort
                                tsyd.org deneme bonusu veren siteler
                                deneme bonusu veren siteler
                                gaziantep escort
                                gaziantep escort
                                asyabahis maltcasino olabahis olabahis
                                erotik film izle Rus escort gaziantep rus escort
                                atasehir escort tuzla escort
                                sikis sex hatti
                                en iyi casino siteleri
                                casibom
                                betticket istanbulbahis
                                Working...
                                X