This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JGD View Post
    Legalities aside, a decent antenna is always going to be more beneficial than putting out 25 watts. No point putting out a strong signal if you can't receive anything back because of a crappy antenna setup
    Uniden has since failed, and been replaced with a GME 4701B 2.1db
    '04 120 Petrol Flinders Red GXL
    with ARB Catalog, with TJM add ons!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by amts View Post
      Done. Download it from here
      https://app.box.com/s/ke0baexc6ulkrsaiwn31
      Great idea. My mrs laminated it today and now in the visor for future reference
      Thanks Matt
      2008 120 GX D4D with a few extras
      Rig build here
      [url]http://www.pradopoint.com/showthread.php?33115-Mattfunk-s-120[/url]

Comment

Awesome idea mattfunk.
        2015 Silver Pearl Prado GXL

Comment

What do DX RPT I/P O/P stand for

DX is an amateur radio abbreviation for DISTANCE but in this context probably means DUPLEX. RPT means REPEATER

I/P is for INPUT and O/P is OUTPUT

Repeaters are used to extend the range of radio systens. A site, usualy on a hill [high] or mountain that has a good view of then area you wish to cover is chosen. On this site are a transmitter and receiver on 2 different frequencies. The transmitter and receiver are connected together so when the receiver receives some thing it is retransmitted by the transmitter but on a different frequency, sometimes higher and sometimes lower. Hence the I/P and O/P. The mobile or handheld has these frquencies reversed. This method of operation is called 2 frequency simplex. Simplex because the mobile station can either receive or transmit but not at the same time.

Hope this helps or have I just confused you! It is secnond nature to me as I have been involved in the radio game all my working life, since 1964 in fact!!

PM me if need to and I will anwser any question you may have.

Cheers,

Owen VK6YBA

Comment

I would love to sit down with you and pick your brains Owen, it would probably be a little painful for you, but I would supply the coldies!

I need to learn how to use my uhf properly and get the most out of it.

Matt

Comment

Working...
            X