No announcement yet.

Our STUPID laws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filming is a waste of time in the dead of night, and I can't wait up ALL night on the off chance the police MIGHT show up. I have pointed out the miscreants with a serious handheld spot as the police also caught them in the spotlight, and the wagon just switched off the light and drove around the block. That is what prompted the call to the local MP. They had the little pricks cornered in a unit block between two GD units and they just declined to chase and arrest, probably because the paperwork is not worth the effort. I'd support the force IF they managed to catch anyone! The sooner there is a curfew and capability to arrest and detain these little sh1ts the better life will be. Being socially responsible, I am only concerned that any of them on my property might happen to injure themselves, and I would not want to be responsible for that!

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbasher View Post
      Seriously, if you are not happy about the police (in) attention to your calls then you should talk to your local MP.
      Yes done that Dave, my Councillor (Ann Prince ) did get back to me and we did lodge a complaint and never did get a reply they did apparently ring her back some time later to say the complaint would be sent to a higher body who said , and I quote , it is all about priorities and we have to attend accordingly, so right youv'e got a house full of drunken hoons the place is rocking their smashed and doing wheelies other than a pollie getting broken into how bad does it have to get before they come ??? I mean after THREE calls she finally rang back at FOUR in the morning and said hi there just to see if the out of control party you reported has finished yet !!! mate I was STAGGERED when she said that, what's the point in ringing AT ALL ??? but you stuff up on the road and bang their all over you like a rash, as I said easy nick, instant revenue.................
      Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

Comment

What's that joke about the guy that rings four or five times about a noisy out of control party and the cops don't come. So he rings again and says there's a madman armed with a gun threatening to shoot members of the public. The cops suddenly turn up looking for the gunman. When he tells them there is no gunman he gets nicked for a false report.
        Dave
        Views expressed are mine alone and are not intended to compromise the integrity of my employer nor offend those who may read such views.
        Bugger Bali, get out and see Australia before we sell it all to China.

Comment

True story from years ago: it's a commonly held belief that the boys love a car chase. Listening to the scanner one night call comes over about robbery at a corner store, car gives chase. All of a sudden about five GD and HWP cars call up wanting to know the location. Even the boys on their break threw their Maccas out the window and wanted in! The route was being broadcast and every car wanted updates, you could not get a word in edgeways on the freq. All of a sudden the lead car calls "shots fired!". The freq went absolutely dead! All you could hear was VKX calling "503? 902 reading? Any station respond!" Apparently the novelty had worn off once the lead started flying :-)

Comment

Originally posted by ntp View Post
            And to demonstrate that this wasn't a one-off and the problem is deeper than a single individual: Bike leg fine: Top cop does it too

QUEENSLAND’S police commissioner has admitted he also stretches his leg while riding a motorbike.
            Commissioner Ian Stewart, a regular user of social media Twitter, replied to several complaints after it was revealed a man had been fined $146 for stretching his leg while riding a motorbike to work.
            Jake Sloman was riding along the Logan Motorway on Monday when he stretched his leg.
            Police pulled him over and fined him $146. The offence? "Fail to keep both feet on footrest".
            The fine has caused outrage on Twitter and on Sloman's Facebook page, with people saying taking this particular road rule to the letter would mean almost every motorcycle rider would be liable to be fined.
            Hi guys, thanks for throwing this curve ball in NTP when I said I'd fly the banner for the boys hehehe Ok you'll have to read all my other responses to the first "window offense" that wound you all up (pardon the pun hehehe) that is also applicable here. So I don't write another war and peace response that is too repetitious, I'll try to be quick. Let's start at the top:-
            1. (Start slow clap here) Well done Commissioner Ian Stuart, great support for your front line troops and what a great moral boost to the troops. Shows great leadership skills NOT. Firstly, this also highlights the support HWP get from upstairs! With all due respect Commissioner Stuart made a huge error in judgement and handled the situation very poorly. Seriously, WTF is a commissioner of police doing on twitter really? (Sadly some imbecile probably got a promotion for getting him on there). I'd love to be paid $250+ to waste my precious time tweeting instead of focusing on administrating a better Police force for the State of Queensland. He has a whole unit to dedicated to deal with public relations and media (police PR & media unit), maybe he should step down into that unit if he wants to "play" on social media. I'd be really disappointed if I lived in QLD and my Police Commissioner was getting the big bucks tweeting over such a trivial matters.
            2. Commissioner Stuart should have handled it professionally - he should have requested a SITREP from the officers involved first so he could address the media fully appraised or more appropriately his media liaison officer should have. Guys seriously, you can not believe everything you hear in the media, not all offenders accounts are true either (majority of crims in gaol are innocent just ask them! Or ask people who get booked you've seen it herein this thread!) I don't have the full facts so in reality I can't comment accurately (since the commissioner isn't going to support his troops - I will). There could be so many different scenarios here, from cautioned for a more serious offense (popped a wheelie) and written up for the cheaper foot pegs offense, he's happy to pay it and not dispute it... Why? Again something's aren't always what they seem.
            2b- never add fuel to a fire - not smart at all to admit you do it too, sorry totally inappropriate in his position as commissioner, he has made a mountain out of a mole hill. Seriously, I'd have no confidence in him as a commissioner if he handles such a minor situation, what the hell is he like with more serious matters...... Maybe move him sideways since he loves social media so much, maybe put him as a coffee boy in the PR media unit as he has no idea how to handle or "spin" difficult matters that way he can't do any MORE damage to QLD police force image.
            3. Being accountable and responsible for your actions....mentioned this in other threads this goes for all members of society, the offender, HWP officer and yes Commissioner Stuart.
            4. There is a law and a penalty notice if you don't want it then remove it from your statute laws in your state don't whinge about it.
            5. Now if the HWP officer was being over zealous and in fact the offender did a controlled stretch, done sensibly and not in the spirit of the law was created for stupidity, or dangerously then I would council and assess the officer suitability to remain a HWP officer. If the latter was the case I would pull the ticket and notify the offender accompanied with an apology from the Qld Police. This is what the commissioner should have done addressed the concern fully armed in a professional manner.
            6. If the HWP officer, did in fact detect other offense like popping a wheelie. When offender stopped and showed remorse for his actions and needed his last points to keep his job and feed kids and there was minimal danger. If he for all intensive purpose genuinely learnt a lesson used his discretion to fine him for the non points, then commend the officer for doing a good job!

Hehehe maybe someone should forward this to Qld police to assist them in public relations hehehe
            RareSense
            Last edited by RareSense; 09-01-2014, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by davy View Post
              Yes I admit it I HAVE got sour grapes, after 40 years with a clean license I did a uie at the lights and believe it or no didn't know it was an offence as I wrongly assumed if it didn't say no u turn you could do it (it didn't say anything) and yes I DID write to the commissioner who promptly hand balled it to the desk sergeant who all but told me where to go and yes I DO think after FORTY years that one mistake should count for a caution I even asked to pay a fine but pleaded to keep my points intact , might as well have asked a blind man to paint my portrait so sorry mate but I'm seriously NOT impressed with your lot at all , what have I done ? was I hooning ? doing burn out's ? driving with no license ? driving recklessly ? no you tell me do you not think even I deserve a caution ? no mate I've got a job so instant revenue and they know I'll pay it , why ? cause I'm honest and a safe bet they'll get their brownie points and their revenue it's enough to make you sick the crim's get off time and time again (no hope of getting ANYTHING out of them) and us lot cop it so now you at least know why Joe public (this one anyway) cant look up to you lot with respect, 3 months ago our neighbor went to Bali left her a@#$#@$ of a son in the house who went MENTAL for 3 night s we had shouting swearing screaming when it got to doing burnouts up the street I phoned the cops at 10pm yet again at 12 am again at 2 am and this time I said listen to them doing burnouts and they are smashed of thier face and STILL no one came, I'm handing them hoons on a plate and they DONT come ??? but I do a uie and bang I'm done ??? no mate sorry but this guy has the grumps and I think I've every right to be pissed at how the law shapes up at least here anyway........................
              Davy, I congratulate you for admitting "sour grapes" very honorable you are half way there, you still haven't admitted you where wrong and accepted that it was by your act alone as well as accept responsibility for it. What you did to answer your question in short is do a U-turn at traffic lights - its dangerous - how many prangs do you think I've gone to relating to upturns at lights it's obviously a major road for lights to be installed there. It's hard to judge speed it's all down to meters per second, what about the motorbike you might not have of seen you didn't see the police car? Ends in a fatal and culpable drive causing death? I don't know if you read all my responses throughout this post, you could be forgiven not to due to the length of them hehehe. But I do address all that you have said above in depth. I'll make this quick though as I got to get some sleep for tomorrow.
              1) U-turn traffic light is dangerous its a points offense and not applicable to a roadside caution - ICV (video) - officer wouldn't listen because he hears your excuse all the time and people lie and he was also doing his job (not wanting to loose it either).
              2) like I wrote before if you were in NSW you would have been cautioned due to your excellent traffic record if you wrote a letter admitting the offense (criteria) infringement section,
              3) Davy honestly how was your attitude at the time to both the officer at the scene then the sergeant that contacted you. You get more with honey than you do with vinegar even with police. Your letter would have been sent straight to the responding officer not the commissioner he would not have seen the letter and the sergeant would deal with these matters all the time.
              4) if you said what you wrote above you wouldn't get cautioned as you didn't admit the offense you stated you didn't know it was wrong and only offered excuses! I wrote in depth on this and the logic behind it.
              5) have you ever been stopped and let off before or booked in another state?????? It may be recorded that you where cautioned.
              6. Personally if you had a good attitude and this was indeed your first offense in 40 years I would have no hesitation in cautioning you if I received your letter but not at the scene as I've a mortgage and kids to feed and can't afford to loose my job, times have changed police discretion by public demand (you) has gone and yes I can see why you are disappointed but back to my first points in other threads you did wrong no excuses mate (how many other times then did you do upturns and not get caught since you didn't know??? I bet since being booked you've not done it again does that count as reforming or driver education? Ignorance sadly, is no excuse to the law, we should know, we hold the license, it's your responsibility, when in doubt err on the side of caution and do what any other reasonable prudent person would do in that situation and not do it.
              7; regarding the noisy parties next door, from "BUSHBASHER" response Rockingham sounds like Bankstown in Sydney's West (a war zone) very busy and not enough police. It's great that you reported the chaos on the street, shows your a good bloke concerned for the community. Yes it's disappointing that they didn't attend but they called you at 4am. I did also address this in earlier threads in detail, about prioritising jobs and that police are a scare resource and were obviously tied up with more life threatening situations than yours - although it seemed bad think there was worse happening else where,. I can tell you the police would have loved nothing more than to come charging in to have helped you and nailed those peanuts (I'm talking from personal experience here) but unfortunately we can't be everywhere as frustrating as it is. It's obvious the 4am call was because they cared and may have had a car ready to respond and because of time restraints and not wasting that precious resources time on a job that was already over they rightly first checked with you their ears and eyes (you) to see if to still send it. I can't stress more not to give up upon the boys, next time they might have the recourses or even an unmarked HWP car available in the vicinity and he will get done but will you sing there praise or still be grumpy. I can assure you if you get the young fellas number plate and ring the HWP (be nice) and tell them about his driving habits and times you might just be surprised. We had an ANZAC LIST "we will remember them" (that's what we jokingly called it) they were our problem child's in our area - it was intelligence reports so when it's quiet we can go hunt them, when we stop them and we do eventually end up catching up with them. Funnily, it is usually in the act of some unbridled act of irresponsibility especially if he drives like you stated. Then he will be given no quarter as we know he is a menace and he will be dealt with full extent of law, defects included and most probably $1000's in fine for those tickets like eg: frayed seat belt over $300 and red label (park it lock it and leave it) whilst discussing and letting him know we have received numerous reports of his behaviour (certainly stops them farting in church heheh). If he's a real wombat and doesn't learn the lesson (menace to society type with all disregard) he'll loose his license and eventually be gaoled. So...Police are more effective when community members like yourself contribute reporting instances and work in collaboration with the police as they are there to serve you. Anyway Davy in all sincerity not that it counts for much but I'm sorry to hear of your experiences all the same, I hope you can understand the Police position and wish you better luck in the future. Hey if your neighbour is housing commission as I know they put pockets of them everywhere, you can always report them, seen them be relocated plenty of times

(Late addition) Being part of a community means it's not all about me, there's others and we have to share community resources police included and it has to prioritised. Your noisy party and donuts or a girl getting attacked in a car park? How would you feel if the police went to a noisy party instead and that was your daughter in trouble, then when they finally get to her she's been gang raped and tortured and left for dead? It's about changing our attitude where we are accountable and responsible for our own actions and understanding that it matters not how others behave or act to a situation but how you do that actually matters (context is: your are in control, no excuses later you have a choice at the time). Eg; Where you nice and understanding of the police when they called? You could have given detailed information or got a number plate or other information (video) in that 4 hours while you waited, so the peanut joined the Anzac list and the officer because you were so nice went out of their way making sure it was recorded and forward to HWP and appropriate action taken or did you let them have it and vented about police, being booked, not fair, not doing their job or bit late now isn't etc type of responses?...

Later addition: Don't know how well you get on with your Neighbour but regardless did you approach them? If you had a recording or video you could have showed your neighbours when they returned. I'm sure his parents would love to know exactly what their darling cherub did to their prize belongings whilst they where away? Depending on the parents if they were half decent they'd apologise and even stop it from occurring next time. If it was my nieghbours, I'd approach them using more with honey than vinegar and say something like "hey, how was your Holiday?" Patiently listen to them brag, then drop the bomb), "Mate, that's good to hear, talking of hearing, it's a wonder you didn't hear the wild parties here in your house all the way in Bali, your young bloke didn't want to be left out he partied hard too! (Use humour) Mate as much as it pains me to tell you but I'm just really concerned that he thrashed your car doing donuts in the street, he looked plastered too etc I got this video as I knew you wouldn't believe it .(show video)....look there he near side swiped that car ooooohhhhh look at them sparks, I thought it was fireworks at first, better check that rim that definitely was the gutter (hehehe), did ya here that! my god he kept going when it made some god awful noises under the bonnet, might be a good idea to get it checked out to see if it is still safe to drive! Sorry to be the one to tell you. Anyway mate I'm glad to hear you had a great break and home safe!" Be friendly it's a lot harder for them to a be a backside to someone nice with their best interest at heart (smiling assassin). Then go home make a cuppa, turn on TV and ignore the screams and fireworks from next door as it's probably just "lawful chastisement" hehehe
              RareSense
              Last edited by RareSense; 09-01-2014, 04:54 PM. Reason: Gramma

Comment

Originally posted by t303 View Post
                Filming is a waste of time in the dead of night, and I can't wait up ALL night on the off chance the police MIGHT show up. I have pointed out the miscreants with a serious handheld spot as the police also caught them in the spotlight, and the wagon just switched off the light and drove around the block. That is what prompted the call to the local MP. They had the little pricks cornered in a unit block between two GD units and they just declined to chase and arrest, probably because the paperwork is not worth the effort. I'd support the force IF they managed to catch anyone! The sooner there is a curfew and capability to arrest and detain these little sh1ts the better life will be. Being socially responsible, I am only concerned that any of them on my property might happen to injure themselves, and I would not want to be responsible for that!
                SteveM is on the money, if we received good video footage, ie: if vehicle related number plate, time date and place, driver is a bonus and you MUST be willing to go to court then yes police will take action, take a statement from you regarding video then charge or summons the peanut. In NSW I used to suppress the address in court to protect the witness, I know it doesn't work if you live next door but on the flip side if you want action taken then you sometimes have to step up to the plate. We can put bail conditions or the court can issue a restraining order so if the peanut annoys or threatens you we lock them up. Police do it everyday so instead of whinging about why not help them, be proactive give a statement and get something done or be reactive call and hope the police get there in time - buck stops with you! (back to accepting responsibility and being accountable).
                2. The scenario you mentioned regarding police driving off. They may have actually grabbed them. We had a similar situation happen - guy complained of police inaction to find out that we had in fact arrested two offenders around the block for enter enclosed lands and possession of house breaking implements (2x screwdrivers)
                3. There are so many things I could write ... Where to start. where to finish? But I believe I've said enough through all these treads already if you can take the time to read it. In closing, Police are only as good as our community who are ears and eyes. For example we have had people ring 000 and tell us we drove past the offender hiding in a bush, VKG relayed the callers info, so we reversed up to the spot, flushing them out and got in a foot chase and took him down (ouch). If you hear sirens then see someone hiding in your backyard then call 000 NEVER ASSUME anything (people often assume we are supermen and sometimes think we automatically know everything) There might have been 4 offenders and only one police officer , and the guy hiding in your yard is the 4th so if you help police, everyone wins even the offender who gets to wear the queens designer cuffs (handcuffs) hehe. Just do the right thing or whatever you feel comfortable with as you too have look in the mirror.
                RareSense
                Last edited by RareSense; 09-01-2014, 04:52 PM. Reason: Gramma

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbasher View Post
                  What's that joke about the guy that rings four or five times about a noisy out of control party and the cops don't come. So he rings again and says there's a madman armed with a gun threatening to shoot members of the public. The cops suddenly turn up looking for the gunman. When he tells them there is no gunman he gets nicked for a false report.
                  Hehehehe yeah Thats right knocked off for public mischief lol lol lol

Comment

Originally posted by t303 View Post
                    True story from years ago: it's a commonly held belief that the boys love a car chase. Listening to the scanner one night call comes over about robbery at a corner store, car gives chase. All of a sudden about five GD and HWP cars call up wanting to know the location. Even the boys on their break threw their Maccas out the window and wanted in! The route was being broadcast and every car wanted updates, you could not get a word in edgeways on the freq. All of a sudden the lead car calls "shots fired!". The freq went absolutely dead! All you could hear was VKX calling "503? 902 reading? Any station respond!" Apparently the novelty had worn off once the lead started flying :-)
                    T303- mate what you are referring to is Police networking, very hard to outrun a radio! Its very ordered in NSW metro, we have a strict radio protocol pertaining to pursuits. IF police vehicle is involved in chase then they only will radio it in. All cars will stand by whilst the pursuing car calls it in (continually street, speed, direction of vehicle, number of P's on board, offense (armed hold-up) traffic and road conditions, category police vehicle and police drivers police license colour not civilian)) Police Vehicles are pursuit categorised - 1 being HWP Vehicle to 4 bull wagon not pursuit suitable. These all are accessed to see if the pursuit is terminated or continued by the DOI (district operations inspector). If I came up behind the pursuit, the GD's, D's all defer drop off to let HWP in and we would take over and start calling it. Dog squad would be in bound and if a chopper is up then they join the party. Reference to shots fired sounds like an urban myth to me, in my experience it just stirring up the hornets nest and making it far worse. I remember a young lovely constable was shot and killed in my car (I wasn't in it but I drove it before him it was my call sign as he took my spot when I just got transferred) in pursuit turned corner and met a hail of bullets in ambush by the offenders, he still called it in whilst dying and returned fire. Point is every man and his dog hunted them and there are plenty more examples where shots fired gets actually more attention, we even bring out the big guns "break glass in case of emergency" - tactical. Hehehehe so if anyone here wants to get into a high speed pursuit in their prado or in my case low speed (2001 3ltr diesel) wanting the red carpet treatment from NSW finest just backfire or rip some shots off at them! Lol lol
                    RareSense
                    Last edited by RareSense; 09-01-2014, 12:08 PM. Reason: Gramma

Comment

Originally posted by RareSense View Post
                      Davy, I congratulate you for admitting "sour grapes" very honorable you are half way there, you still haven't admitted you where wrong and accepted that it was by your act alone as well as accept responsibility for it. What you did to answer your question in short is do a U-turn at traffic lights - its dangerous - how many prangs do you think I've gone to relating to upturns at lights it's obviously a major road for lights to be installed there. It's hard to judge speed it's all down to meters per second, what about the motorbike you might not have of seen you didn't see the police car? Ends in a fatal and culpable drive causing death? I don't know if you read all my responses throughout this post, you could be forgiven not to due to the length of them hehehe. But I do address all that you have said above in depth. I'll make this quick though as I got to get some sleep for tomorrow.
                      1) U-turn traffic light is dangerous its a points offense and not applicable to a roadside caution - ICV (video) - officer wouldn't listen because he hears your excuse all the time and people lie and he was also doing his job (not wanting to loose it either).
                      2) like I wrote before if you were in NSW you would have been cautioned due to your excellent traffic record if you wrote a letter admitting the offense (criteria) infringement section,
                      3) Davy honestly how was your attitude at the time to both the officer at the scene then the sergeant that contacted you. You get more with honey than you do with vinegar even with police. Your letter would have been sent straight to the responding officer not the commissioner he would not have seen the letter and the sergeant would deal with these matters all the time.
                      4) if you said what you wrote above you wouldn't get cautioned as you didn't admit the offense you stated you didn't know it was wrong and only offered excuses! I wrote in depth on this and the logic behind it.
                      5) have you ever been stopped and let off before or booked in another state?????? It may be recorded that you where cautioned.
                      6. Personally if you had a good attitude and this was indeed your first offense in 40 years I would have no hesitation in cautioning you if I received your letter but not at the scene as I've a mortgage and kids to feed and can't afford to loose my job, times have changed police discretion by public demand (you) has gone and yes I can see why you are disappointed but back to my first points in other threads you did wrong no excuses mate (how many other times then did you do upturns and not get caught since you didn't know??? I bet since being booked you've not done it again does that count as reforming or driver education? Ignorance sadly, is no excuse to the law, we should know, we hold the license, it's your responsibility, when in doubt err on the side of caution and do what any other reasonable prudent person would do in that situation and not do it.
                      7; regarding the noisy parties next door, from "BUSHBASHER" response Rockingham sounds like Bankstown in Sydney's West (a war zone) very busy and not enough police. It's great that you reported the chaos on the street, shows your a good bloke concerned for the community. Yes it's disappointing that they didn't attend but they called you at 4am. I did also address this in earlier threads in detail, about prioritising jobs and that police are a scare resource and were obviously tied up with more life threatening situations than yours - although it seemed bad think there was worse happening else where,. I can tell you the police would have loved nothing more than to come charging in to have helped you and nailed those peanuts (I'm talking from personal experience here) but unfortunately we can't be everywhere as frustrating as it is. It's obvious the 4am call was because they cared and may have had a car ready to respond and because of time restraints and not wasting that precious resources time on a job that was already over they rightly first checked with you their ears and eyes (you) to see if to still send it. I can't stress more not to give up upon the boys, next time they might have the recourses or even an unmarked HWP car available in the vicinity and he will get done but will you sing there praise or still be grumpy. I can assure you if you get the young fellas number plate and ring the HWP (be nice) and tell them about his driving habits and times you might just be surprised. We had an ANZAC LIST "we will remember them" (that's what we jokingly called it) they were our problem child's in our area - it was intelligence reports so when it's quiet we can go hunt them, when we stop them and we do eventually end up catching up with them. Funnily, it is usually in the act of some unbridled act of irresponsibility especially if he drives like you stated. Then he will be given no quarter as we know he is a menace and he will be dealt with full extent of law, defects included and most probably $1000's in fine for those tickets like eg: frayed seat belt over $300 and red label (park it lock it and leave it) whilst discussing and letting him know we have received numerous reports of his behaviour (certainly stops them farting in church heheh). If he's a real wombat and doesn't learn the lesson (menace to society type with all disregard) he'll loose his license and eventually be gaoled. So...Police are more effective when community members like yourself contribute reporting instances and work in collaboration with the police as they are there to serve you. Anyway Davy in all sincerity not that it counts for much but I'm sorry to hear of your experiences all the same, I hope you can understand the Police position and wish you better luck in the future. Hey if your neighbour is housing commission as I know they put pockets of them everywhere, you can always report them, seen them be relocated plenty of times

(Late addition) Being part of a community means it's not all about me, there's others and we have to share community resources police included and it has to prioritised. Your noisy party and donuts or a girl getting attacked in a car park? How would you feel if the police went to a noisy party instead and that was your daughter in trouble, then when they finally get to her she's been gang raped and tortured and left for dead? It's about changing our attitude where we are accountable and responsible for our own actions and understanding that it matters not how others behave or act to a situation but how you do that actually matters (context is: your are in control, no excuses later you have a choice at the time). Eg; Where you nice and understanding of the police when they called? You could have given detailed information or got a number plate or other information (video) in that 4 hours while you waited, so the peanut joined the Anzac list and the officer because you were so nice went out of their way making sure it was recorded and forward to HWP and appropriate action taken or did you let them have it and vented about police, being booked, not fair, not doing their job or bit late now isn't etc type of responses?...

Later addition: Don't know how well you get on with your Neighbour but regardless did you approach them? If you had a recording or video you could have showed your neighbours when they returned. I'm sure his parents would love to know exactly what their darling cherub did to their prize belongings whilst they where away? Depending on the parents if they were half decent they'd apologise and even stop it from occurring next time. If it was my nieghbours, I'd approach them using more with honey than vinegar and say something like "hey, how was your Holiday?" Patiently listen to them brag, then drop the bomb), "Mate, that's good to hear, talking of hearing, it's a wonder you didn't hear the wild parties here in your house all the way in Bali, your young bloke didn't want to be left out he partied hard too! (Use humour) Mate as much as it pains me to tell you but I'm just really concerned that he thrashed your car doing donuts in the street, he looked plastered too etc I got this video as I knew you wouldn't believe it .(show video)....look there he near side swiped that car ooooohhhhh look at them sparks, I thought it was fireworks at first, better check that rim that definitely was the gutter (hehehe), did ya here that! my god he kept going when it made some god awful noises under the bonnet, might be a good idea to get it checked out to see if it is still safe to drive! Sorry to be the one to tell you. Anyway mate I'm glad to hear you had a great break and home safe!" Be friendly it's a lot harder for them to a be a backside to someone nice with their best interest at heart (smiling assassin). Then go home make a cuppa, turn on TV and ignore the screams and fireworks from next door as it's probably just "lawful chastisement" hehehe
                      Christ why could'nt it have been you that pulled me up ? you actually seem to have human traits or are you an automated recording lol? no mate I didn't have any attitude at all in fact I was more stunned than anything as was the wife as she knows that was the only uie I'd done and my luck the only car there was the cops and no I didn't give any one a serve I actually just gave up as said I done wrong so fine me but the points were personal as for my neighbor she's an officer like me and I left a message on her phone and she has never spoke to me since, way I see it is if you dont tell them they'll never know but to not come to me and ask WTF happened here well that tells me she's in denial but hey I'm not putting up with it but sorry mate neither am I ringing the cops again I hear your explanation and agree with it but even after it was all done and dusted they STILL never came I mean they just let it go personally I wouldv'e thought right we're too late but lets go and see the complainant and then the have a chat with the hoon but no nothing no phone call no explanation bugar all , not what I'D call good public relation's, at the end of the day this is why people take it on themselves to deal with it because even when the law does do thier job theres no justice for us, unless we commit a road traffic offence THEN you'll be there GRRRRRRRRRRRRR
                      Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

Comment

Originally posted by davy View Post
                        Christ why could'nt it have been you that pulled me up ? you actually seem to have human traits or are you an automated recording lol? no mate I didn't have any attitude at all in fact I was more stunned than anything as was the wife as she knows that was the only uie I'd done and my luck the only car there was the cops and no I didn't give any one a serve I actually just gave up as said I done wrong so fine me but the points were personal as for my neighbor she's an officer like me and I left a message on her phone and she has never spoke to me since, way I see it is if you dont tell them they'll never know but to not come to me and ask WTF happened here well that tells me she's in denial but hey I'm not putting up with it but sorry mate neither am I ringing the cops again I hear your explanation and agree with it but even after it was all done and dusted they STILL never came I mean they just let it go personally I wouldv'e thought right we're too late but lets go and see the complainant and then the have a chat with the hoon but no nothing no phone call no explanation bugar all , not what I'D call good public relation's, at the end of the day this is why people take it on themselves to deal with it because even when the law does do thier job theres no justice for us, unless we commit a road traffic offence THEN you'll be there GRRRRRRRRRRRRR
                        Cheers Davy, I'm often caught sneaking in with the humans! Lol lol no mate very much like you, bleed red, sh1t brown and love Prados!

Well, if you had a good attitude then I stand corrected and it's good to hear. I'm sure if I pulled you up we certainly wouldn't be having this dialogue it's one of the random natures of life we all arrive at different points, beliefs, opinions through our own experiences.

I apologise I thought they rang you on the night 4 hours later. Yes, I concede poor form if they never got back to you at all. In a quite area in NSW you would have received a visit. I wrote before in Bankstown there were times you were just was struggling for air as you were drowning in jobs, admittedly, I know at Bankstown we were guilty of that same thing that happened to you through no fault of the police. Serious some nights were incredible, with fights in the police foyer etc but we just didn't have the man power, resources nor time and it really burnt you out quick there.

Thanks for reading those long replies, I only intended on giving you boys a good insight into police through my experiences as they are sadly so misunderstood, it was done so you could digest the information and reevaluate and come to your own conclusions that all isn't what it seems especially from offenders and media. I ultimately believe we are responsible and accountable for our own actions or in-actions (sorry to pull the whip out and flog that dead horse but I believe it one of societies main problems).

I can fully appreciate your perspective Davy considering your experience and we can agree to disagree on police. I still think they are great people, but l also lived eat and breathed it for 14 years.

Disappointing about your neighbour, you did the right thing bringing it to her attention, maybe she is embarrassed or as you say in denial - regardless it's pretty poor form on her behalf.

Officer?....... Is it military?..... If so she should have better manners especially if you are part of the same organisation. If military, I worked with a lot with you guys both navy and army.
                        RareSense
                        Last edited by RareSense; 10-01-2014, 02:21 AM. Reason: Gramma

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbasher
                          I remember getting told to back off from a stolen car one night just so the detectives could pass me and blast away at the offenders with a shot-gun! Just as well they were terrible shots.
                          Lol lol shot guns and still missed lol lol you did say detectives lol lol lol

Comment

Great Explanations RareSense!

Having been the son of a Police Officer, now retired after 40 years of service and believe me it is service often to the detriment of their own family! Your explanation have been both insightful and fair.
                            What we all have to remember is that rules, regulations and laws and those that enforce them are in place to maintain some order in society, without these in place society breaks down and we have anarchy! A simple part of having a good society is the value of having respect, this starts with respecting ourselves first and foremost because without this how do we respect anything else?
                            We will all break rules, regulations and Laws at some stage in our lives, this is human nature, I certainly have and I'm sure I will again but the big question is do I have the intent to go and break that rule, regulation or law in order to cause harm to somone or some thing? Again the question of human nature and respect will come in to play here, I'm sure all of us as reasonable human's would say no!
                            Do you remeber as child learning the meaning of the word no and the consequence of not listening to it? Then in school when the cane was still the punishment for challenging the rules, it was action and cosequence, I have felt the swift swipe of the cane on many occasions through my education (Was it right to use this as a form of punishment, I'm not here to debate this!) I did the crime was punished and moved on as did the Headmaster that administered it. Rules were there to protect the masses and simply applied it is the same for society!
                            Follow the rules and respect yourself, others and property there will be less drama, make a mistake and for your action then there will be a consequence! Sometimes those that administer the consequence will be reasonable and appropriately apply a penalty that is in accord with the offence, others will utilise the full force of the penalty that is applied to the offence, again human nature!
                            Having seen what my father went through in the Police Force, it is an unenviable job, how many jobs are there that you go to work and not know whether you are going to go home because of the actions of another human being because you are doing your job? I know there are all sorts of dangerous jobs out there but in most cases where injury or death occur it is due to accident or misadventure not due to the intent of another individual!
                            Was I and am I proud of the job my father did? Absolutely, as I am of all Police who have the gumption to pull the uniform on and head out into the public who have no respect!
                            Life is about action and consequence, let's all just think about it and get on with it, maybe society will improve if did rather than us thinking it is someone elses fault!
                            I made the decision to jump in the car travel on the expressway, 110 km/h I'm running late, I'll just put my foot down a little, I'm travelling at 120 now and the car in the left lane pulls out to go around the P plate driver actually sitting at their assigned speed limit, I drop anchors lose control of the vehicle and hit the P plater, who is then airlifted from the scene in a really bad way! My action for speeding is the problem because I chose to do it!
                            Cheers
                            John
                            John
                            2007 GXL D4D Auto, Stock standard! Now with Pirelli Scorpion ATR's 265/65 x 17
                            [url=http://www.fuelly.com/driver/Strawb/prado][img]http://www.fuelly.com/smallsig-metric/59665.png[/img][/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Strawb View Post
                              Having been the son of a Police Officer, now retired after 40 years of service and believe me it is service often to the detriment of their own family! Your explanation have been both insightful and fair.
                              What we all have to remember is that rules, regulations and laws and those that enforce them are in place to maintain some order in society, without these in place society breaks down and we have anarchy! A simple part of having a good society is the value of having respect, this starts with respecting ourselves first and foremost because without this how do we respect anything else?
                              We will all break rules, regulations and Laws at some stage in our lives, this is human nature, I certainly have and I'm sure I will again but the big question is do I have the intent to go and break that rule, regulation or law in order to cause harm to somone or some thing? Again the question of human nature and respect will come in to play here, I'm sure all of us as reasonable human's would say no!
                              Do you remeber as child learning the meaning of the word no and the consequence of not listening to it? Then in school when the cane was still the punishment for challenging the rules, it was action and cosequence, I have felt the swift swipe of the cane on many occasions through my education (Was it right to use this as a form of punishment, I'm not here to debate this!) I did the crime was punished and moved on as did the Headmaster that administered it. Rules were there to protect the masses and simply applied it is the same for society!
                              Follow the rules and respect yourself, others and property there will be less drama, make a mistake and for your action then there will be a consequence! Sometimes those that administer the consequence will be reasonable and appropriately apply a penalty that is in accord with the offence, others will utilise the full force of the penalty that is applied to the offence, again human nature!
                              Having seen what my father went through in the Police Force, it is an unenviable job, how many jobs are there that you go to work and not know whether you are going to go home because of the actions of another human being because you are doing your job? I know there are all sorts of dangerous jobs out there but in most cases where injury or death occur it is due to accident or misadventure not due to the intent of another individual!
                              Was I and am I proud of the job my father did? Absolutely, as I am of all Police who have the gumption to pull the uniform on and head out into the public who have no respect!
                              Life is about action and consequence, let's all just think about it and get on with it, maybe society will improve if did rather than us thinking it is someone elses fault!
                              I made the decision to jump in the car travel on the expressway, 110 km/h I'm running late, I'll just put my foot down a little, I'm travelling at 120 now and the car in the left lane pulls out to go around the P plate driver actually sitting at their assigned speed limit, I drop anchors lose control of the vehicle and hit the P plater, who is then airlifted from the scene in a really bad way! My action for speeding is the problem because I chose to do it!
                              Cheers
                              John
                              Very well said Strawb
                              Yeap respect....... Spot on

I hope my explanations my help remove the us and them attitude replacing it with a collaborative one where we are all together working towards the same goals as a community of a safer environment for us, our children and loved ones to live in. Road trauma is horrific and I wouldn't wish it upon anyone.

John, sorry to hear of your accident, I hope you all pulled through it ok both physically and mentally. Big thank you for sharing your accident as I really appreciate it as it adds weight to to all I've said and the dangers associated on breaking the rules even at 10kph over the speed limit. Better still to hear it from a non police perspective from a member of the public but closer to home a fellow PPer involved directly really drives home the point it can happen to YOU. Guys John wouldn't have had any intention to hurt anyone when he set out driving that day, just like you every time you get in behind the wheel, so have a good think before you exceed the speed limit or knowingly break the rules. I can honestly say from both personal experience and accidents I've attended the majority of the time its the unexpected that is a catalyst to it occurring just like in Johns case with the contributing factors of speed, road conditions, weather, etc all accumulating in disaster. Maybe thank the HWP guy next time he writes you up for speeding as it may just slow you down an avoid the same unfortunate grief John has gone through, thinking the unexpected event of the ticket could just have been an unexpected car entering the next intersection your speeding through.........

Let me know if you guys are interested and want me to explain speeding from a police perspective relating meters per second, reaction times, and breaking times it highlights that as you increase speed the ability to pull up your vehicle in the event of an emergency or unexpected event (roo. Kid) etc dramatically decreases. It even become more interesting when you factor in alcohol into the equation as it dramatically affects reaction and breaking speeds even at .002 your reaction speeds are affected resulting in longer stopping etc.

Ohh just touching on impact on family..... I'm fifth generation police officer, my father ran our house like a police station, he left my mum 4 times 5th time was divorce. We never got to see dad as he was hardly there, then when on night work we got in trouble waking him up. We never went on holidays as my dad was always working them and we often went to family functions without him. Then some of the times you see him come home all banged up. Funny at times he'd look at you all sad and distracted but put on a happy face! Or getting whacked by the police belt! Lol I'm sure John you appreciate all I've said. I had no idea until I entered the Frey and joined the job and did cot deaths and seeing death in all horrors and the daily tragedies you emerged yourself in taking the reports or investigating the same, being the harbringer of terrible news or death messages. It was later when I had kids that the impact hit home waking up in fright checking constantly on the kids in there cots to see if they where breathing. At the time I did the cot death or kid jobs because I had no kids and I didn't understand the enormity at the tender age of 19 and early 20's yes I'd show compassion and go beyond the call of duty and would pop in on quite times on later shifts to check on the parents and family it was heart breaking without kids and I then knew the look on my dad's face when my partner I was working with had kids...... Anyway I'm digressing ..... Other than that personally I didn't hold a relationship down too long they all ended up leaving you as you where never there for them or meeting someone at a new years party or Christmas or away on holidays whilst you where at work. In 14 years I only recall ever getting one New Years off, I always worked all the school holidays and public holidays it was a condition of HWP section. Once I recall I had a fiancée that cried when she came home and found me in the hot bath relaxing with black eye, stitches etc and unfortunately my nose was bleeding into the bath (I didn't know, I had my eyes closed enjoying myself) she cried asking me to leave the job as she couldn't do it anymore. She left me and I understood why. I choose to play the field then and not let any in close for a while. Then I got cleaned up myself in a bad prang ripped the back end out of the car I was scalped! I gave a dying declaration at the scene and was airlifted. I was alone at the time, unfortunately I didn't change my emergency contact details and the poor buggers called my ex-fiancée at 3am (still my best friend) next thing she's ushered into the hospital theatre, she came in crying saying I knew this was going to happen to me and cried inconsolable lol lol I felt really bad about that. Lol my dad showed up he was a hard man he had that same look he had when I was kid... Poor bastard. Anyway, I lived to annoy all you guys up here lol lol. But seriously yeah it was hard on families. I didn't end up settling down till 10 years post police......... Oh as well as the times they came with you to bury your colleagues and friends that died wasn't a great help either, I was a pall bearer at on in full police honors....never again l

Anyway lads must run to work.... Hope you cut some quarter next time you see that HWP or Policeman out on the job

Cheers and thanks again john...,
                              RareSense
                              Last edited by RareSense; 10-01-2014, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Wow! What an interesting thread.

Comment

canli bahis siteleri bahis siteleri ecebet.net
                                mencisport.com
                                antalya escort
                                tsyd.org deneme bonusu veren siteler
                                deneme bonusu veren siteler
                                gaziantep escort
                                gaziantep escort
                                asyabahis maltcasino olabahis olabahis
                                erotik film izle Rus escort gaziantep rus escort
                                atasehir escort tuzla escort
                                sikis sex hatti
                                en iyi casino siteleri
                                casibom
                                betticket istanbulbahis
                                Working...
                                X