Replace with Flat Tailgate on Prado150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replace with Flat Tailgate on Prado150

So our Prado 150 has the tailgate with mounted spare wheel. Because of the chronic jiggly loud squeaks probably caused by the spare wheel weight, I'm thinking of replacing this tailgate with the flat type with no spare wheel as is on some Prado versions.

I imagine that all that's needed is the fuel tank and underbody spare tyre mechanism, plus some reprogramming to accept new fuel tank size as well as camera position. Anything else?

Hmm, that’s an awful lot of time, effort and money ($thousands.) to reduce rattles which could be solved by some attention to the latches .....
    I have a bigger heavier tyre on the rear wheel carrier and mine doesn’t squeak. (2013 model)

Comment

Lubricate the latches! Rattles not normal on either my previous 120 or current 150. Clean all of the rubber seals on all 5 doors as well and give them a wipe with armorall or similar. Also check out the rear spoiler, a known source of rattles. there is a fix on here somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by rascal View Post
        Hmm, that’s an awful lot of time, effort and money ($thousands.) to reduce rattles which could be solved by some attention to the latches .....
        I have a bigger heavier tyre on the rear wheel carrier and mine doesn’t squeak. (2013 model)
        True, but most hacks even as you suggest seem not to work for me. I've seen a few people suggest it's better to live with the squeaks and just ignore them... I can't

Comment

Working...
        X