Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have recently been shown inner guard cracks on my 2010 ZR Prado by another owner who had a look and informed me of the problem. I have just ordered the parts from Amamya.
    I feel the cracks are only newish, as I recently heard a squeaking rattling sound a week or so beforehand, but couldn't track them down.
    At least I know and can fix the lroblem as we want to hang onto our shorty for another 10 years.
    DOM: JUNE 2010
    Engine4D
    Model: ZR ( shorty)
    Crack Location: About rhe same place as all the others. Left side about 30mm, Right side just starting
    Crack appeared at: 154,000
    Toyota response: Didnt bother
    Battery: crank N70Z , aux AC Delco 95ah
    Battery tray: Crank toyota standard, aux.? But is braced at the front. I will be bracing the crank battery.
    Vehicle mods: 50 mm lift kit, smartbar bullbar, 150 watt solar panel on roof.
    4wd trips: Frazer Is, Googs Track, Oodnadatta and Strezelecki tracks, Flinders Ranges, currently travelling around SA.

Comment

• Have just ordered the patch kit $180 delivered from Amayma for those contemplating doing the same. Delivery is about 2 weeks.

Comment

• Does anyone have images with the patch kit fitted?

Comment

• I now have the patch kit, but what I thought would be a simple straight forward job, looks like developing into something bigger. I am having trouble fitting the patch and getting the left side holes in the patch to line up with existing bolts etc. Also I only received 2 bolts, 2 dome nuts and 2 plastic clips. I'm hoping Krypto or others who have fitted the patch kit might be able to give some advice regarding fitting as I dont know how those 4 pieces will attach both patches. When the back of the patch is flush with the innerguard, there is a 16-25mm gap between the top of the innerguard and the patch. Am I meant to use additional bolts to pull the patch in tight and if so where should they go?
          I certainly would appreciate any advice or assistance as we are currently in Canberra and we would like to fix it before heading to SA on Sunday . I have tried to download photos but get a whole lote of codes
          thanks in anticipation,
          Rob

Comment

• I now have the patch kit, but what I thought would be a simple straight forward job, looks like developing into something bigger. I am having trouble fitting the patch and getting the left side holes in the patch to line up with existing bolts etc. Also I only received 2 bolts, 2 dome nuts and 2 plastic clips. I'm hoping Krypto or others who have fitted the patch kit might be able to give some advice regarding fitting as I dont know how those 4 pieces will attach both patches. When the back of the patch is flush with the innerguard, there is a 16-25mm gap between the top of the innerguard and the patch. Am I meant to use additional bolts to pull the patch in tight and if so where should they go?
            I certainly would appreciate any advice or assistance as we are currently in Canberra and we would like to fix it before heading to SA on Sunday . I have tried to download photos but get a whole lote of codes
            thanks in anticipation,
            Rob

Comment

Working...
            X