• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken Nylon Clutch Pedal Bush 2015 Prado

Click image for larger version

Name:	Prado 150 Clutch Bush Broken.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	5.4 KB
ID:	746330 Hi, I have a 2015 Prado, which started to have a clicking feeling in the clutch pedal when depressed, I have had lots of experts opinions that include everything from thrust bearings, to finger on the clutch plate worn, to clutch worn. Turns out the culprit is a broken nylon bush in the clutch pedal assembly, there are two that I can see, it is the top one, has anyone else had this problem? If so, was it an easy fix? Attached is an image of the culprit. The vehicle has done 58,000km, any information is greatly appreciated.
    Attached Files

It's a bit hard to see from the photo. I have changed mine in my 120. Not too difficult, if the pedal mechanism is the same as the 120.

http://www.japan-parts.eu/toyota/gr/...-hose/1#31301C
    Silver '04 KZJ120~Manual~GXL~Dobinson/Kings lift~Custom valved Ironmans~Detroit Locker~Endless Air~X9 Superwinch~Madman EMS1~TJM Dual Battery~Rhino Roof Tray~120W solar panel~Foxwing awning~Bushskinz UVP~Long Ranger water tank~Bushman fridge~Steinbauer P-Box~Beaudesert 2 3/4"~Airtec Snorkel~TJM Sliders~Prico Boost Gauge~BFG-KO2s~TPMS~GME TX3420~Front and Rear Cameras~Ultimate Camper hanging off the back!

Comment

Hey, great stuff, the local Toyota Dealer quoted $20 for the parts and $260 for labour. How many kilometres had yours done when you had to change out the bushes?, what symptons did you experience?

Comment

I had a slightly creaky pedal at around 200k km, it refused to quieten with spray lube so I removed the pedal assembly and replaced the bushes, steel sleeve and nylon pivot for the spring.

When you take it out, make sure you mark the position of the two brackets held together with the pivot bolt, they will pivot around each other when that bolt is loosened and you won't know the right position when you reassemble it. Take photos of how the spring goes too.. ;-)
        Silver '04 KZJ120~Manual~GXL~Dobinson/Kings lift~Custom valved Ironmans~Detroit Locker~Endless Air~X9 Superwinch~Madman EMS1~TJM Dual Battery~Rhino Roof Tray~120W solar panel~Foxwing awning~Bushskinz UVP~Long Ranger water tank~Bushman fridge~Steinbauer P-Box~Beaudesert 2 3/4"~Airtec Snorkel~TJM Sliders~Prico Boost Gauge~BFG-KO2s~TPMS~GME TX3420~Front and Rear Cameras~Ultimate Camper hanging off the back!

Comment

Just replaced 31301P that was causing my squeak. The bush had completely disintegrated. Thanks so much for this post! $6 repair!

Comment

Mine has just started doing the same at 250K. How hard was it to get to the bush to change it? The schematic doesn't mean too much to me and I haven't really tinkered with a clutch pedal before.

Comment

Originally posted by armageddon View Post
              Mine has just started doing the same at 250K. How hard was it to get to the bush to change it? The schematic doesn't mean too much to me and I haven't really tinkered with a clutch pedal before.
              Remove the nuts that hold the clutch master cylinder on and above the pedal is a bolt that holds the top of the pedal bracket in the dash. From memory it's easier to remove the speedo cluster to access to remove it.

When you reassemble it make sure you have free play on the pedal to the master cylinder of about 5mm pedal movement

Click image for larger version  Name:	clutch pedal.png Views:	0 Size:	301.0 KB ID:	752445
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X