Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dust passing 1GD Filter

Gday,

As suspected these airboxs / OEM air filters on the new 2.8 allow dust into the clean side of the intake has any one found a filter that seals better than the OEM one ?

I found the same thing after a trip to the cape , I dont think its the filter i suspect the housing flexes a bit too much. Ive added some vaseline around the filter edges which has seemed to help. I also removed the MAFsensor and cleaned it with MAF cleaner while there.

Comment

Similar issues on the 200 cruiser. A strip of foam rubber or some grease fixes it.

Comment

If itís an issue Iíd imagine all are effected ?
        Why donít they just add more squash rubber or foam to the OEM filters ?

Toyota at there best !

Rattles, dust leaks, clunks, smoke clouds
        and there No.1 selling SUV well I think if they keep this up they wont be for much longer

Any known manufactures doing aftermarket Boxs ? Plenty for the 200s and 79s

Comment

https://www.pradopoint.com.au/forum/...-mod-dust-seal
          2008 GXL D4D + Option Pack 1, Safari snorkel, factory alloy bar, dual battery system, Lovells TFR-118/TRR119 Springs, Bilstein Shocks, Prodigy P3 brake controller, factory tow bar, Orac coupling.

Comment

Thanks mate,

I saw that but noticed it was a 120 airbox thought maybe by now someone might just make a filter that does the job

Comment

Working...
            X