X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WARNING ON SALE OF PRADO

Originally posted by croozza
    Originally posted by Seththecursed
    When I was looking for a Motorcycle I found a really cheap one online. I emailed the seller and got nearly the exact email you have got except he said the bike was in a Darwin warehouse at the shipping company. I new it was dodgy so I told him I had a friend in Darwin and can I arrange for him to inspect it for me. He replied "I am currently on a boat out at sea for 6 months and can't arrange for anyone to see the bike" He then went on to say "If you make a payment of $2000 into my PayPal account I can get them to ship it to you for inspection and if you don't want it to send it back and I will refund you the $2000" I sent back "SCAM" and never heard from him again. I know of a couple of people at work that have had similar experiences and the seller always has the item at a transport warehouse ready to be sent and he is always unavailable to see you in person. If you play along with these scams they always end up needing a deposit or for you to pay for the item first for one reason or another.

Check this out http://www.used-car-advisor.com/car-seller-scam.htm

Your in Tassie Seththecursed, maybe you can act as Steve if you have the time. Would be a fun thing to do.
    We have a couple PP members down Hobart who could check it out but I highly doubt it would get that far. The scammer would soon realize its not going to happen and target someone else.
    2004 GXL V6 and loving it.

Comment

ok got this back from him this morning......
      Hi Steve

Right now I am on an oceanographic research vessel in the Tasman Sea, conducting some researches for the University of Tasmania. The car is in Hobart, in the warehouse at the shipping company ready to be delivered to the next owner.

If you want to buy the car I will set an ebay auction with the buy now option which you can use. You will then receive the invoice from ebay and the payment instructions. Once I will receive the payment confirmation from them I will arrange the shipping of the car right to your place. I will pay for the shipping so you dont have to worry about it. After receiving the car you will have 5 days to inspect and test it and only after that you will take the final decision. If you will decide not to proceed with buying the car you will be fully refunded by ebay.

The vin is: JTEBU25J500051046
      Please take a decision asap because I have another person who wants to start the transaction tomorrow afternoon.

Cheers,
      Andrew

Funny thing is I did a Victorian roads check using that chassis number and it comes up with exact details been right ??? You can do yourself and double check it, How the hell would he have got the chassis number correct ?? As the add has been pulled from the website I cant check it, but I cant remember if there was a chassis number on the add ??? Regards Steve PS Just to let you know I have no interest in buying this car just toying with the person as its such a scam but can see how people who have no experiance in buying cars from the net how easy they could be trapped............
      Face lift 150 Prado V6 auto. No mods yet

Comment

Im going to tell him I want to buy it as it will cost him $$$ just to put on ebay wether he sells it or not it will cost him. You need an account to put things on ebay and they deduct it from say a bankcard or the like, mind you they probably have a scam for that too. Regards steve

Originally posted by Steve M
        Hi Steve

Right now I am on an oceanographic research vessel in the Tasman Sea, conducting some researches for the University of Tasmania. The car is in Hobart, in the warehouse at the shipping company ready to be delivered to the next owner.

If you want to buy the car I will set an ebay auction with the buy now option which you can use. You will then receive the invoice from ebay and the payment instructions. Once I will receive the payment confirmation from them I will arrange the shipping of the car right to your place. I will pay for the shipping so you dont have to worry about it. After receiving the car you will have 5 days to inspect and test it and only after that you will take the final decision. If you will decide not to proceed with buying the car you will be fully refunded by ebay.

Please take a decision asap because I have another person who wants to start the transaction tomorrow afternoon.

Cheers,
        Andrew

Funny thing is I did a Victorian roads check using that chassis number and it comes up with exact details been right ??? You can do yourself and double check it, How the hell would he have got the chassis number correct ?? As the add has been pulled from the website I cant check it, but I cant remember if there was a chassis number on the add ??? Regards Steve PS Just to let you know I have no interest in buying this car just toying with the person as its such a scam but can see how people who have no experiance in buying cars from the net how easy they could be trapped............

Comment

Im going to tell him I want to buy it as it will cost him $$$ just to put on ebay wether he sells it or not it will cost him. You need an account to put things on ebay and they deduct it from say a bankcard or the like, mind you they probably have a scam for that too. Regards steve

Hi Steve

Cheers,
          Andrew

Comment

Listing is real cheap. They only pay when the sale goes through, and yep, they would rip off ebay.

Tread carefully, you don't know what sort of criminals you are dealing with here. It can be good fun, but on the other hand, people have been seriously hurt. Great reading at http://www.419eater.com/index.php

Michael
            2008 D4D M6 GXL [MT ATZ-P3][Whitey's Ironman 45710FE/45682FE+KTFR101H/Dob487][extended Roadsafe links][Polyairs][DBA T3/T2][amts diffdrop & recovery points][Tin175's stone guards][Bushskins BashPlate][ARB Sahara][IPF 900s][Snorkel][WindCheetah][MaxTrax][IC-440][Parrot Asteroid][ARB Fridge][Lifestyle 2nd Row Fridge Mount][ARB Compressor][Thumper][SandGrabbers][Cargo Barrier][Tigerz Awning][MCC Rear Bar]

Comment

Hi Steve

Cheers,
              Andrew

Is this the car. http://cars2.ebay.com.au/2004-TOYOTA-PR ... 0690387035

Has the same VIN as you quoted. You should email the seller I reckon the scammer is using his VIN. At time of this post its up to 19 bids with reserve not met at $30600.

Comment

If it is the same seller - he has four previous vehicle sales to his history???

So much for never doing this before?
                [B][SIZE=4]ntp
                [/SIZE][/B][COLOR=#000040][B][SIZE=1]Love the Outback............. Love my Prado.[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]
                [I][SIZE=1][URL="http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w328/ntpryce/Picture23.png"]My Prado[/URL][/SIZE][/I], [I][SIZE=1][URL="http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w328/ntpryce/MyExtras.png"]My Extras[/URL][/SIZE][/I]
                [B]4wdriving First Party[/B][COLOR=#0000ff] - [/COLOR][B][COLOR=#0000ff]dןǝɥ ɹoɟ ןןɐɔ 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı[/COLOR][/B]

Comment

I just tryed ringing the number, its not connected. How would i go in regards to warning the prado owner ?? May be the cops ?? This is definately the same vehicle that was on car sales......

Hi Steve

Cheers,
                  Andrew

Has the same VIN as you quoted. You should email the seller I reckon the scammer is using his VIN. At time of this post its up to 19 bids with reserve not met at $30600.

Comment

Hmm, I wonder how it got from Tassie to Griffith with no extra KM's on it..
                    One scam is the scammer steals photo's and details of legit car sales, from ebay and lists it on CarSales or visa versa.
                    If they ask for a deposit to be paid, sight unseen, it is a scam.
                    I had a car listed for sale on Carsguide and had the same goose try the flip side of this scam. He offered to buy the car at well above asking price. It was for his Dad in NewZealand, he was currently working in New York and he would have his sales agent, based in the UK, arrange pickup. But I needed to pay the agent first and the money would be refunded.
                    My first question was, why the heck would someone want to buy a Hyundai Elantra to ship to NZ....?

If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is...
                    D4D Prado GXL - 2014. 2" OME lift, ARB Deluxe Winch bar, ARB under body protection plates, ARB EZ Deflator, Weaco fridge, Matsen fridge on slide, BFG A/T's, ARB CKMA12 compressor, Oztrail side awning with LED lights PLUS canvas extension, Lightforce XGT's.. Oricom UHF380, GME AE4017

Comment

Ha, those ebay photos show another Prado in the garage...
                      D4D Prado GXL - 2014. 2" OME lift, ARB Deluxe Winch bar, ARB under body protection plates, ARB EZ Deflator, Weaco fridge, Matsen fridge on slide, BFG A/T's, ARB CKMA12 compressor, Oztrail side awning with LED lights PLUS canvas extension, Lightforce XGT's.. Oricom UHF380, GME AE4017

Comment

That one on ebay finished on the 16 Jan 2011, but I reckon as above, it was copied from ebay and then put on car sales which I reported to carsales and the add was pulled. I sent the bloke who has been emailing me an email saying I was no longer interested in the prado. All his emails have come through early hours of the morning. Will see if I get another one. Im seriously thinking of ringing the cops and see if its of any interest to them ?? Regards Steve

Originally posted by MDSimpson
                        Ha, those ebay photos show another Prado in the garage...

Comment

Rang Penrith police and he said best way would be to inform carsales of the situation which I had already done, suppose there is not much more that can be done. Its no longer on car sales and the one on ebay has finished as not meeting reserve price, luckily. Regards Steve

Comment

Ebay showing as finished on the 16jan 2011, how did you find that add on ebay.?? I thought once it was finished it would be off the system ??? Regards Steve

Hi Steve

Cheers,
                            Andrew

Comment

I just Googled the VIN you provided. Google found it on Pradopoint (This thread) and Ebay. Don't you just love Google. Its a good way to check scams when you have the VIN or to see if the seller has advertised something somewhere else for cheaper like on forums like this.

Comment

When I put my last car for sale on gumtree, i had a few scam sms's and emails sent to me trying to get me to ship it overseas as they are away on business and they will cover all costs.....Some others I had like the one in this post seem to be personal and legit but they just dont smell right....i avoid them unless they see me in person.

Comment

canli bahis siteleri bahis siteleri ecebet.net
                                mencisport.com
                                antalya escort
                                tsyd.org deneme bonusu veren siteler
                                deneme bonusu veren siteler
                                gaziantep escort
                                gaziantep escort
                                asyabahis maltcasino olabahis olabahis
                                erotik film izle Rus escort gaziantep rus escort
                                atasehir escort tuzla escort
                                sikis sex hatti
                                en iyi casino siteleri
                                casibom
                                betticket istanbulbahis
                                Working...
                                X