Daza's 2019 150 GX

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daza's 2019 150 GX

It's out with the old and in with the new.

Sold the 2010 silver GXL D4D Auto. It was my first 4wd and it gave us some great memories:
    - 2016 trip through the Pilbara
    - 2017 trip through the Kimberley
    - towed our camper many times to the south west
    - lots of beach & dune work
    - instilled a passion in me for DIY 4wd upgrades

Took delivery of a new 2019 GX D4D Auto in January. I wanted white but went against the normal practice of GX in Glacier White and ordered Crystal Pearl. Pre-delivery options:
    - Toyota tow bar
    - floor mats
    - Boss Vapour wheels
    - Toyo OPAT2's in 265/70R17

So far I'm really happy with it. Power delivery and transmission are quite different in the 2.8L, I preferred the shifting in the 3.0L as it would shift up a bit earlier. But I am loving the radar cruise control.

More posts with mods coming soon.
    The old 2010 GXL D4D The new 2019 GX D4D

Tinting, roofrack, bullbar, lift kit and side steps done.

Rhino platform is the 1.9m version, a straight swap from the old car.

Steps, bullbar and lift kit are Ironman, 300kg springs and Foam Cell Pro shocks. The unloaded ride around town is good, less body roll and not harsh over speed bumps. Yet to give it an off road workout. The bar is a Premium Deluxe, which mainly means 60.3mm tubing as opposed to about 50mm.

Comment

DIY project Safari snorkel install done. Took a couple of evenings and was pretty satisfying, given the worry I had approaching the job.
      Attaching a few photos in case anyone else is thinking about giving it a go themselves.
      The Safari instructions plus a couple of youtube videos were good enough to see the job go smoothly.
      I used Sikaflex 227 as a sealant for the metal cuts.
      Also used some flexi sealant on the air hose joins to the airbox and snorkel. I sealed up the 3 drain holes in the airbox, but left the one-way drain valve open.

Comment

Great job on the snorkel and the Prado is looking good.
        Cheers, Terry.
        [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etCSer77bZE&feature=relmfu[/url]

Keep the divorce rate down...... Put expiry dates on wedding certificates

Comment

Looking really nice at the moment,itís nice to see another GX in WA.
          Fitted so far:-Toyota Alloy bar,Redarc BDCD1220 battery managment system and dual power outlet,tracklander full length rack and ladder,Milford cargo barrier,Kaon transmission guard, UVP& Lower Shock mount Guards,Dobinson/Bilstein suspension,Toyota Bonnet and headlight guards,39ltr engel and an opposite lock stubby holder (from the old '80' series),Polyair Airbags,Pradopoint sticker,Gonefishin' custom Sidesteps.

Comment

Working...
          X