Graphite GRJ150R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blw

Great info thank you, I haven't received it yet. I did notice the order has only just switched to "picking" and it's been 12 days, so a bit annoyed but Automotive Superstore seem to be getting smashed with orders.

Hopefully I'll see it late this week, but given how long it's already taken, next week is more realistic and I wont have time to fit it this weekend anyway.

I also need to mount the front camera.

Are you generally happy with the unit and are you apple or android?
    Last edited by 'Dan'; 23-06-2020, 08:45 AM.

Comment

• Yeah I do like the Kenwood units, I have a DDX919WS in our Corolla, and the DMX820WS in the Hilux.
      The load time on startup is very fast and the reverse camera kicks in quickly on startup as well.
      I use Android Auto. You do need to watch your cable lengths (keep them as short as possible).

When starting the car and plugging in the first time, I find sometimes it fails to launch Android Auto.
      I just need to unplug the phone and connect again and it launches on the second try.

Comment

• Why would cable length matter unless it's incredibly sensitive to voltage drop?

Comment

• Finally got an update, big delays from Kenwood Australia on these newer models, Automotive Superstore are expecing their big pallet of gear today and have upgraded my shipping.

Not a huge deal as I've got no time this weekend to look at it anyway.

Comment

• That specific company seems to always have shipping delays, they say in stock, but in reality its in stock at their supplier... my first unit came from them with similar stories about delays from Kenwood.

Comment

• Pretty typical these days. There’s not enough margin in them for stores to keep stocks of everything (or worse get stuck with it if new models come out) so most places just drop ship direct now..
              Last edited by rascal; 25-06-2020, 06:45 PM. Reason: Type

Comment

• Originally posted by rascal View Post
                Pretty typical these days. There’s not enough margin in them for stores to keep stocks of everything (or worse get stuck with it if new models come out) so most places just drop ship direct now..
                Crazy they aren't making some OK dollars on it given what it costs. Look at what a chinese Android headunit is worth on ebay, 3-400? This was 800 or something and probably comes out of the same factory but has slightly better firmware lol
                Last edited by 'Dan'; 26-06-2020, 07:23 AM.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	download.png
Views:	52
Size:	2.1 KB
ID:	752532

Comment

• Originally posted by Ol'Mate View Post
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	download.png
Views:	52
Size:	2.1 KB
ID:	752532
                    Thanks? lol

Comment

• A month in and still nothing from automotive superstore with my head unit.

Have contacted repeatedly, they are useless

Apparently some big Kenwood/JVC shortage.

My 100w heating pads arrived though so I'm going to do some testing with those to see what sort improvement in oil heat up times I can get and do something with my second battery.

Comment

Working...
                      X